If you are unhappy with FM10/SI state here

Since the previous thread was closed as it did decend into personal insults, then I thought I would start another thread, which is solely for people who are unhappy with FM10/SI.

Please if you are quite happy with FM10/SI then do not post in this thread as it will end up decending into another bicker thread.

So if you are unhappy please use the following template

How long have you played FM/CM:

Your issue (e.g. patches, unplayable game)

What you would recommened be done

Naturally, I will go first.

How long have you played FM/CM: 13 years

Your issue (e.g. patches, unplayable game) Lost confidence in SI/FM with the general acceptability that patches being available 2 months after release of the game is okay in order to make the game “playable”

What you would recommend be done SI do not concentrate on adding new features next year but instead solely concentrate on "polishing" the game up to be as bug free as possible!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see what you are trying to do here, however I dont think you have thought about it correctly.

People will not simply post on here that they are unhappy with SI as they are then flagged as a negative influence on the forum, which then leads to possible abusive arguements from other users.

A poll would be the best way forward. That way the users identity is kept to themselves.

I did think about a poll, however this would give no feedback to SI as to why people were unhappy or any feedback on what we would like SI to do.

@ scoot4nat the thread had been open for 21minutes when you posted that and please can I ask people to stay to format, if no one posts then its egg on my face? Any disruptive posts will be reported.

Since the previous thread was closed as it did decend into personal insults, then I thought I would start another thread, which is solely for people who are unhappy with FM10/SI.

Please if you are quite happy with FM10/SI then do not post in this thread as it will end up decending into another bicker thread.

So if you are unhappy please use the following template

How long have you played FM/CM:

Your issue (e.g. patches, unplayable game)

What you would recommened be done

Naturally, I will go first.

How long have you played FM/CM: 13 years

Your issue (e.g. patches, unplayable game) Lost confidence in SI/FM with the general acceptability that patches being available 2 months after release of the game is okay in order to make the game “playable”

What you would recommend be done SI do not concentrate on adding new features next year but instead solely concentrate on "polishing" the game up to be as bug free as possible!

I've been playing it since its inception. The good old days. Its the only game I play. It's (generally) that good. At its core, the concept is excellent and we all know how great the game can be. I'm disappointed at having to wait until Christmas (or sometime before) before I can start a career game as the bugs/issues in 10.1 have taken considerably from what should be a very good game. I agree - more polish, less new features is the way to go. But that's SI's decision.

I hope patch 2 resolves the issues (the main ones).

One final point - in fairness to Neil Brock - he answered every point I made (whether I agreed with him or not). I hope (if he's reading) he accepts all points were made in good/honest spirit and I am grateful for the time he spent on his replies. Even if I do disagree with some of his points, the fact that he took the time to reply in such detail was very much appreciated.

I did think about a poll, however this would give no feedback to SI as to why people were unhappy or any feedback on what we would like SI to do.

@ scoot4nat the thread had been open for 21minutes when you posted that and please can I ask people to stay to format, if no one posts then its egg on my face? Any disruptive posts will be reported.

You can still leave feedback on a poll if you wish, however it is not compulsory. At least then users will be more likely to participate.

I read your previous thread, and agreed with most of your points. I said in a previous thread tht SI should stop focusing on new features and just finish the bloody game, I see SI like mechanics, you just want them to fix your engine, but instead they give you a new radio, new tyres, new seats, new lights, a PS3 in the car, new paint job and then deliver it to you saying 'all fixed' but they haven't fixed anything but given you new stuff to distract you from the problems. I've been playing FM for 5-6 years, but this is the first time i've had my own PC to play on, had it a couple of months, the FM wizard said only play from League 2 upwards, i've got a triple-core processor and 3gig of memory, so thought sod that, and had english to conference, scotland to the 3rd and the welsh league and all players from UK and Ireland, thats 29,000 players. I've had no technical issues such as crash dumps or anything like that. I'm running them all smoothly and quickly, maybe i'm lucky. My problems are mainly ME related, ultra bad defending, long shots, every penalty going in, etc. which should be fixed in the patch, but as you said, not all people have access to the net so can't get the patch, what about them, what can SI do for them? Is it to much ask for a game that doesn't need to be patched up 3 TIMES to be finished, don't blame SI though, blame SEGA, not the guys at SEGA who oversee SI, the people above them who only care about money, if FM was released say, 2 weeks before xmas, it would still rocket to the top of the charts, make a ton of money, maybe have a few less bugs and would have less people complaining about things that should have been spotted in testing that the public has seen within 30 minutes of playtime, gonna stop now as this is turning into a rant and I hate rants, to SI, keep up the good work and hope the patch fixes alot of problems.

I'm sorry if you felt that my post was disruptive. I do empathise with your situation however I honestly believe that you are heading in the wrong direction to remedy it. What will this thread acheive? It all sounds very childish especially after you continually rebuffed attempts from other users to assist you, specifically Hershie. You are obviously not a child and sem to be able to engage in a decent debate so why don't you outline the specif problem you are experiencing and try to utilise some of the other users' experisnce. I appreciate you do not have the time to delve deep into the forums and search for solutions but you have spent a fair amount of time posting today, time which may have been better spent in trying to rectify your problem.

And to sum up, I will answer your original questions

How long have you played FM/CM: 11 years

Your issue (e.g. patches, unplayable game) Stagnant league reputations

What you would recommened be done Make league reputation variable for long term saves.

Perhaps i dont get it? Dont get me wrong, i have no problems with FM10 nor do i want to derail the thread, but whats it about? Is the unhapiness down to the patch strategy, the amount of bugs (vastly decreased from last year) or something else?

Oh and to keep it on topic

How long have you played FM/CM: 17 years

Your issue (e.g. patches, unplayable game): None of note, i tend to only notice bugs once ive been on the forums :D

What you would recommened be done: Not sure, i suppose yet more testing to eradicate bugs. I know its impossible to ship bug free software though, so i can handle waiting for a patch. I also work full-time yet still find a few minutes to locate things that need downloading.

Unfortunately, you arent allowed to present a reasonable and constructive thread if it doesnt supply uniformed support for SI. Give the poster a break. At least he put some effort into organising a structure that he thought would be constructive and help to identify issues of the users to SI. Better than simply ranting, and for that I applaud him.

Unfortunately, you arent allowed to present a reasonable and constructive thread if it doesnt supply uniformed support for SI. Give the poster a break. At least he put some effort into organising a structure that he thought would be constructive and help to identify issues of the users to SI. Better than simply ranting, and for that I applaud him.

agree with this!

He still should do a poll though as I believe you will see a much better reflection of who is unhappy.

• Administrators

No need for this, don't snipe else it'll just wind people up. It's a valid thread IMO where people are allowed to air their viewpoints, all we ask is keep it civil and relatively constructive where you can. Cheers.

No need for this, don\'t snipe else it\'ll just wind people up. It\'s a valid thread IMO where people are allowed to air their viewpoints, all we ask is keep it civil and relatively constructive where you can. Cheers.

Very fair - didnt think you would take this viewpoint on the thread

You obviously STILL haven't learnt the lesson of don't buy the game until at least the 2nd patch. Happens every year everybody is in a frenzy about getting their copy on release day and then harps on about the game needing to be patched and sits frustrated for the next 3 months.

No need for this, don't snipe else it'll just wind people up. It's a valid thread IMO where people are allowed to air their viewpoints, all we ask is keep it civil and relatively constructive where you can. Cheers.

Apologies, that wasnt my intention.

You obviously STILL haven\'t learnt the lesson of don\'t buy the game until at least the 2nd patch. Happens every year everybody is in a frenzy about getting their copy on release day and then harps on about the game needing to be patched and sits frustrated for the next 3 months.

I think the point he is trying to make is that perhaps you shouldnt have to wait that long after purchasing the game.

You are correct though, it is the best way to avoid this. Just is hard to wait when you see it on the shelves!

I've played CM/FM since CM2, I don't know when was that. Last two years were a big disappointment to me, I couldn't get into 08 or 09 and I thought I was doomed to play FM07 for the rest of my life. Then FM2010 makes me change my mind. I loved it. Fast, pleasant interface, good new features like backroom advise and tatics wizard, better 3d.

I agree still there are things missing, like dynamic league reputation and it's annoying to wait for two months for a more polished path, sometimes more (remember FM07 that wasn't playable until third path).

I know it has room to improve, but after two frustrating years I happy again with the game and SI. I don't see a feedback from other game company similar that SI give to their costumers.

@ Kilmarnock - would I be right in saying that you felt this way about FM09?

I make this assumption on the basis that FM09 had a lot of bugs to start with, some miinor but a couple VERY major (Italian co-ownership which didn't actualy get fixed). And the frequency of the patches for 09 were similar to this year.

If you did feel the same then why did you purchase FM10 ? Surely the debacle last year would have ben enough to put you off buying the game again.

One last question, and I hope you will try and answer honestly. Will you buy FM11? Perhaps this question should be reworded...Do you think you will buy FM11?

I will have go.

How long have you played FM/CM: Since CM97/98 (not earlier because until then couldn't understand a word of English)

Your issue (e.g. patches, unplayable game):

-ME - mainly because the late scores of AI team of FM08 have comeback other well documented bugs that i hope that is resolve in the patch

-3D - don't like the animations, seems to be out of game of 1990's, so last century! ;)

-lack of fun and addictiveness,

-the complexity of the game, what I mean is like news (4 different windows of news - Inbox, News, Transfers Rumors and Transfer News - why do we need 4 different windows to get news to us? One is quite enough!)

-lack of Subs continuing or stopping (like the subs in FM07 and previous FMs) and also stagnant league reputations, however this last is one of those things I like to have but on the other hand don't want it, because it is new feature and new features are always full of bugs.

What you would recommend to be done:

-I will start my hate of Press Conferences - Just drop it altogether, go to the old system of one question was repetitive as well, but it took 5 seconds to get pass it unlike Press Conferences and seemed to affect better players morals then Press Conferences

-3D - You need really to revamp it 90% of it, seriously, If you go in this way when you get to really normal 3D graphics the competition are moving to 4D or Hologram like features

-Subs - just add an option of continuous time or not when making subs, personally I hate this feature, but since I'm minority on this one the best way to go is having option

-Inbox - Well like I said above one window for the news is sufficient, what I mean the old system that all news related go to Inbox, the rest are just poor a waste of time, however I would implement still which additional news I want to subscribe.

-Graphics - You need to improve this part a lot, what I mean is adapting to the many screen sizes, of course it is a lot of work,

-Skin - Well I liked the new Skin, because it was more fresher, but after few hours playing i started to hate it. There is no logical where the things are located after 5 hours of playing still lost, the shortcuts (Right mouse button menu) was overcomplicated, please revert like FM07 is, also I have the sensation that the skin graphically is unfinished, specially in the inbox - i mean only a freaking line dividing the picture from the news? I mean it is way to incomplete comparing to FM07

- Fun and simplicity back into the game - Really stop over complicating things in the name of realism. You can achieve realism and retain the fun and simplicity that the game was. This is not OS, it is game.

-Transfers, personally You has well overcomplicated things unnecessarily. FM07 transfers where much more near real life then the reprograming from scratch in FM09. Personally needed only two tweaks, which were having lower teams interested in buying old legends, makes no sense many of these legends having 34 and being out of club and the other is still too difficult to sell players if they aren't regulars and we have to sell them way below what they value, while if we want to buys players we need to offer always twice their value for the club to start considering it

-The League Editor - well that is a feature I always wanted, but felt a bit disappointed of not been able to edit the World Club cup, instead you need to go threw a very complicated mechanics, to be honest SI releasing a guide how to do this is a let down. At least a guide from the people that developed the League Editor explaining what each window explain and how to create or edit a league. Also was disappointed that you need to create the entire nations rules (leagues and Cups). What about if I wanted a simple change Liga Sagres (Portugal) from 16 teams to 20 teams? The lack of editing more then one nations rules in the same file, is big let down. Yet again over complicating things, but I will let this one slide, because I think they didn't do this because SI wasn't able to. The Inter nations cup, well I know perfect well that this was last minute addition (lack of information of SI what users want), but it was a let down because I expected you could set to international cup like Champions League and Europa League is) instead no.

Editor the Kits and color part - Don't like this one bit; i prefer the old system

Note: To be honest and my personal view if SI made those tweaks on transfers on FM07, The 7 subs in the English leagues and add the League Editor as is for FM07 I would be happy, if SI fixed those issues I stated above in League Editor I would be very, very, very, very, very, very happy man. Unfortunately I know that those wouldn't happen. To end this what i see most unfortunate is that I want to like the new releases and play for hours and hours and hours and retire my FM07 CD, but How can I? If the fun isn't there anymore, due to micromanaging of tactics, Over complicating of the game and these bugs.

How long have you played FM/CM: 10 odd years

Your issue (e.g. patches, unplayable game) : The "patch" has made things worse, now I lost a game I won, cannot change a player position mid game, cannot view opposition instructions mid game and marking is just a joke. I have centre backs who part like the red sea.

What you would recommened be done: Leaving it a year forgetting FM 11 and concentrating just once in getting a playable game ready by release date. There are 12 months in a year, the maximum you get to play a "playable" FM game is February to the next release. Not really good enough is it.

Very unlikely SI or any company (apart from CM) would ever miss out a game completely. Its just not good business and I am sure they don't release the game knowing there are things wrong with it.

I can understand everyone's frustrations and annoyances, but the 3d is the one I don't get. What do people expect? If you claim to be a fan of football management games, you know that CM/FM is not about brilliant 3d graphics in games. Its about watching small dots on the screen. Now we have been given a decent looking 3d engine that offers even more insight into how the players play because we can actually see them. So yeah, the graphics are from something in 1990 because that's all this kind of a game can handle with all the other stuff going on. Try Fifa Manager and then come back.

Haven't played FM10 enough (bloody slow computer) to give a good enough account of its strengths and weaknesses but to be honest I can looked past most things. Before I knew of these forums the thought of bugs in the game didn't even come into my head, but I didn't moan about it, I got on with it.

For what it's worth - skipping a year isn't an option. SI employees have to feed their children...:)

My recommendation for this thread would be to try and keep suggestions to gameplay fixes specifically. I'm all open to suggestions for how to improve the business but they're difficult to guess at from an external perspective, based on my experience of reading them.

Thanks for your efforts in keeping it constructive though - much more useful.

With due respect though noone will be getting paid if people stop buying the game!!!

I'm not bothered about 3d, I was always happy with the 2d or commentary, and I happen to like the 3d. I think what gets peoples goat is rather than introduce meaningless additions like he repetitive team talks, (does anyone actually do them?!), or fannying about with what was a perfectly good inbox (i miss everything that goes on outside my Club!) we would much rather you perfect the game you actually have.

The continuous bugs that appear every year at the start, marking, defending, long shots, closing down, too many goals, too few goals,,, the list goes on and on, surely these shouldn't crop up game after game. Then releasing a patch which amongst others is meant to sort a bug out that makes you lose a game even if you win on penalties. Only for when Steam downloads that patch you actually lose a game that you win in extra time!! It just got worse than it was before!!!

We all appreciate that SI do the patches but in a years game time the game is only fully playable from Februarty to release date of the next one. Not being funny but it's like buying a car in October that you can only use for a year but the garage doesn't give you the keys till February!!

I am not unhappy with SI, I just feel the game has lost its purpose.

Without a doubt I believe the game has totally changed following the so called ‘diablo’ tactics of FM2006. FM2007 heralded a new dawn for the game with a new tactic interface and since that point I have really struggled with game, I have never lost my enthusiasm for it but definitely pondered the purpose and what the game was now trying to achieve.

IMO the game is hugely weighted in the favour of the AI. It can read your tactics and adapt with huge amounts of success. This totally flys in the face of having player and manager attributes. How can the AI react perfectly every time whether you choose to play non-league or at the highest levels. Surely attributes should play apart in the game somewhere. All I ever see on here is the point made that you need to give it time for new players to gel and new formations to work yet the AI doesn’t require this. “They usually line up a certain way” is the message from your pointless scout but when your team comes to town they can switch with ease and force a result........the fact that you have better players is totally irrelevant and lost on the game.

If managers were able to counter each other like this game portrays then 20 teams would be incontention for the Premier League and not just the same 3 or 4. Man Utd have played the same way since the Premier League started and won it 11 times. Sure they switch it now and again and some people get a result but their record speaks for itself........no matter how hard people try and anaylse how to beat them there is no substitute for better players.

The game to me just seems far too paranoid. If you hit on a style of play which suits your team guaranteed after 15 games you need to alter it as the AI can counter it....this isn’t just one team, its the whole league. How is this possible?

The teamtalks are woeful and have far too much bearing on results also. Press conference are a waste of a few clicks on the mouse and again mislead you. A player is playing well, you praise him he spits his dummy out..............I have never seen this happen to the AI. I have never went into a tight second half and chose a teamtalk which has turned the game..........the AI has done this far too many times. Their ability to get results does not reflect in game attributes...to me it just seems that they need to change so do. I would love to play a game when it was 1-1 at half time, the AI thinks he can win it send his team out having said the wrong thing and I put a 3 or 4 away. Never happens. What does happen is you are 3 up, go into half time have a choice of 5 things which don’t say what you need them to say, send your team out having chosen not to pick one of them and watch how all of a sudden the team which couldn’t get out their own half turns into brazil 70 and notches 3 goals from 3 shots.

I don’t even want to debate the instant equalisers immediately following goals. You have struggled to score for 70 mins despite notching 15 strikes on goal, then without fail bang a goal out of no-where within 2 minutes.

I really think the game has lost its focus. Its a football management game that IMO takes itself far too seriously. Millions of people play the game so the odds of someone stumbling on a formula which unfortunately gets around the AI is inevitable.......the randomness of this game and non-reliance on attributes ensures that you can’t.

The fact that so many people struggle suggest there is a fundamental issue. I think Si are lucky the interest and appetite for the game is so ingrained in people that loyalty takes over and they purchase every release.

I appreciate people will disagree with me and that is the beauty about football and this game, everyone has an opinion. I don’t want people to see this as inflammatory. Its written by someone who has enjoyed this game immensely for years but has really struggled with 07 and 08, didn’t purchase 09 but really wanted to get back into FM10....however is struggling to do so.

The whole point of this game is that anyone can play it and not need a super powerful computer with the latest graphics card so could people stop having a go at the graphics.

Matt while I appreciate that you can't skip a year due to financial reasons, could you just spend the next 8 months on the match engine and the database, for yet another game this year you have put in more meaningless features(fan feedback, sub team talks, etc.) and tried to improve the dead horse that is press conferences, its just pushing your mouse button on a series of questions, they will never be fun, deal with it and remove them.

Most people on here will say they don't want new features, they just want a game that works that doesn't have any major bugs and is fun to play, in FM07, even losing (which happened alot to me) was fun. My ideas for imrovements are:-

A better managerial merry go round system (Mike Newell just got the Man U job in my game, realism please)

Better transfer system(can't sell my best players for £0 at Dundee)

Better regens

Attributes to mean something(if you've 1 for finishing, your going to miss alot of shots)

Dynamic team reputations

Player quality to matter more than tactics.

How long have you played FM/CM: played since cm00/01, member of the forums over 4 years

Your issue (e.g. patches, unplayable game): every year the match engine is buggy making it terribly unrealistic i.e long range goals all the time, strikers missing 1 on 1 everytime (even with high composure and finishing). Frustrating that when you buy the game in november you have to wait months for si to sort these problems out aswell

What you would recommened be done: well there is something absolutely wrong with the testing process, the testing team miss too much. maybe like someone said in another thread, bring out the demo earlier so everyone can test it.

Been playing for nine years and am still waiting for club and league reputation to be made dynamic. I so look forward to the day when it'll actually be interesting to play a long term game managing a small league team. "Congratulations (insert name of top club in small league here), you just won the Champions League. You think your club is respected now? Think again."

For what it's worth - skipping a year isn't an option. SI employees have to feed their children...:)

My recommendation for this thread would be to try and keep suggestions to gameplay fixes specifically. I'm all open to suggestions for how to improve the business but they're difficult to guess at from an external perspective, based on my experience of reading them.

Thanks for your efforts in keeping it constructive though - much more useful.

look for a new job ..

because us the very folk that pay you are just about fed up with this quick quick lets get a game out attitude

SI and SEGA iv lost its credibility

Look peeps, they have tried very hard to make it as close to real life as possible which is going to be no mean feat. I'll admit that I miss the older versions, possibly 2007 and before because of the simplicity but then I do like a few of the new touches. Here are a few of the things i miss and would like to see back:

Simple substitutions

Being able to tell players to run in or out of the centre

Smoother gameplay on my old (and fairly sh1tty computer)

Things I want to see being introduced:

Being able to take the U21 international job or reserve team manager etc of a bigger club (when starting off in the lower leagues)

General tweeking of the game to make it smoother and fast (it's taken me since the release date to get 3/4 of the way throught the first season!!!!)

Anyway, it's still a class game and if you thought it was going downhill you shouldn't have bought, but you did so that tells me you love it as much as I do.

I can understand everyone's frustrations and annoyances, but the 3d is the one I don't get. What do people expect? If you claim to be a fan of football management games, you know that CM/FM is not about brilliant 3d graphics in games. Its about watching small dots on the screen. Now we have been given a decent looking 3d engine that offers even more insight into how the players play because we can actually see them. So yeah, the graphics are from something in 1990 because that's all this kind of a game can handle with all the other stuff going on. Try Fifa Manager and then come back.

Haven't played FM10 enough (bloody slow computer) to give a good enough account of its strengths and weaknesses but to be honest I can looked past most things. Before I knew of these forums the thought of bugs in the game didn't even come into my head, but I didn't moan about it, I got on with it.

Well Tcoleman, My personal dislike to the 3D, is that the animations are too weak that for me doesn't resemble realism. Strikers don't simulate a tackle to pass a defender. They simply pass them because it seems they are Flash and outrun the defender. I know that this happens in real life, but in this game it is the only thing that the players do. To be honest Not even going to consider if it is a bug, because it could simply mean that it wasn't programed to do that. I don't know for sure. I also know that the 3D will improve to point that I would like it. But the thing is I think that 3D wasn't ready on FM09 and it is not ready on FM10 despite being vastly improvement comparing to FM09. Also 3D from what I saw and even tried it with Real Madrid, I did not not once Ronaldo one of is special tackes (like passing his foot around the ball. Not sure what is call it in english.

Still, the 2D gives a space of maneuvaribility to imagination and it could be the reason I think 3D is let down. If my dot striker passes a dot defender I imagine my striker making one of those special tackles to pass the defender. it this little thing for me makes the game more fun, but I would grant that the 3D is the way of the future, but I would only like the 3D when it has Fifa 2000 graphics. To be honest a friend of mine has been playing Fifa Manager and what I saw graphically the 3D blows FM 3D out of the water literally. But like he said and what I long suspected is that Fifa Manager ME is way below par then FM ME. But the thing is it might be bellow par, but What I read from reviews and from my friend it has improved greatly and it can catch up with FM. I even bet that is EA main goal to catch up with FM and pass it. From what I saw with Fifa and PES War, PES was the best game for several years but EA passed PES and blew out of the water the chances of doing it again are extremely high.

What I don't agree is the feeling i have that the 3D was rushed because competition had 3D. Like I said the 3D wasn't and isn't ready to be released and if I was part of SI staff I would voice that my opinion.

About moaning some people do moan because they do not want to loose a game due to a bug, but there are others that lost a match due to bug and they do go on it. In the end we are all fans of FM and we are here to help SI to stay in the lead against Fifa Manager and CM games, year after year and this battles that it exists in some threads doesn't help SI any bit.

Note: One quick note about 3D. I hate to have this poor 3D graphics for the minimal requirements of the game.

Note 2: Also another note is since I don't use Team Talks, why do I'm being force to pass throw them in every match? FM07 had feature that if i set my Ass. manager in charge of Team Talks, I would go directly to game without passing the Team Talks.

Note 3: Last one I promise. ;) I think the attributes are useless since FM09 and like it was said if a player has 1 for finishing then he will miss a lot of shots on target, even in one on one.

Being able to tell players to run in or out of the centre

Cut inside or hug touchline are in the new game.

Smoother gameplay on my old (and fairly sh1tty computer)

Time to buy a new computer.

Being able to take the U21 international job or reserve team manager etc of a bigger club (when starting off in the lower leagues)

Pretty sure managing an U21 international team is already in there.

General tweeking of the game to make it smoother and fast (it's taken me since the release date to get 3/4 of the way throught the first season!!!!)

I'd suggest that this version of the game is about as smooth and fast as the game has ever been. Time to buy a new computer for you, my friend.

Regards,

C.

SI will never please all of the people because there are so many different 'types' of FM players. I know people who are playing it that have never even visited this forum. Their enjoyment doesn't suffer for lack of knowledge of other peoples complaints. They do however spot niggling little quirks and bugs. The point is you have casual players, hard core players and people stuck in between.

Personally, the improvements I want to see involve the development of in-game media/relationships and also more depth when it comes to team talks and the like, rather than the reactive nature of some of the instructions. Stuff in game has to be more defined. Also, I wouldn't mind some understated, subtle gimmicks. Like a trophy cabinet or something equally irreverent, but a nice touch celebrating success.

Back to the proper improvements, like I said, its adding a touch more realism over all. I honestly don't think most players would give a rats **** if I slagged off another manager and I also think my chairman would back me if I slated a ref (and had just cause to do so).

As for the ME - this is always improved by SI with each passing incarnation and patch. Happy to continue playing until patch 2 is out. My enjoyment of this version has been the most satisfying yet.

How long have you played FM/CM: Since CM2

Your issue (e.g. patches, unplayable game): Players age too rapidly

What you would recommened be done: Extensive testing of both regens and player aging before release in future. Tweaks in patch for a fix for now. Possibly hire a beta tester or two with the sole job of looking at aging / regens. Possibly even an internal tester in charge of keeping an eye on it.

What will I do if SI don't listen to me: As a protest, I won't buy FM11 until seven minutes after it's released! Yes, a seven minute boycott. Sure it's an annoying issue, but the game is still by far the best in the genre.

I am in my 3rd year playing this game. As an American with EA games over-hyped in middle America, I think I can share a different perspective.

I have no specific issue with this game, though I would like to see more frilly pieces like setting up actual sponsorships on your own, be it local, national or international. This is sort of done but has deservedly taken a back seat to more pressing issues.

My recommendation is that SI take all of our advice with a grain of salt. We can go on about wishlists and features and the like but we all still bought and played this game. This is the only stat that really matters because we continue to give this game our tacit approval every time we play it or come on here and discuss it, even if that is from a negative viewpoint. This is because we all recognize some value in the game and want to see it continually improved. If any of us were as upset as some claim to be, then why go to the trouble of coming here to talk about it? Do you intend to dissuade me from playing a high-quality game that has some minor flaws? I believe in constructive dissent. It is the cornerstone of good democracy. I also believe that we need to remember that we are users of this game and not producers of it. Writing such complex code on such short deadlines is a tall task. The SI boys do a bang-up job and need to be commended. Please understand that your dissent only has value if it is specifc, time-manageable, realistic and if you intend to use the product if adjusted to your requests. Otherwise, you come off as angry and on a rant.

I am in my 3rd year playing this game. As an American with EA games over-hyped in middle America, I think I can share a different perspective.

I have no specific issue with this game, though I would like to see more frilly pieces like setting up actual sponsorships on your own, be it local, national or international. This is sort of done but has deservedly taken a back seat to more pressing issues.

My recommendation is that SI take all of our advice with a grain of salt. We can go on about wishlists and features and the like but we all still bought and played this game. This is the only stat that really matters because we continue to give this game our tacit approval every time we play it or come on here and discuss it, even if that is from a negative viewpoint. This is because we all recognize some value in the game and want to see it continually improved. If any of us were as upset as some claim to be, then why go to the trouble of coming here to talk about it? Do you intend to dissuade me from playing a high-quality game that has some minor flaws? I believe in constructive dissent. It is the cornerstone of good democracy. I also believe that we need to remember that we are users of this game and not producers of it. Writing such complex code on such short deadlines is a tall task. The SI boys do a bang-up job and need to be commended. Please understand that your dissent only has value if it is specifc, time-manageable, realistic and if you intend to use the product if adjusted to your requests. Otherwise, you come off as angry and on a rant.

Yeah you make a good point.

So here is my recommendation for FM.

Make it a simplistic, fun and addictive game. That is all I want.

How long have you played FM? - Since day blot.

Your Issue: Thousands(but i'll keep it short)

1. I have attempted to campaign for years to stop this game turning into the mess it has now become. Only a genius or those with way too much time on their hands can understand the tactical shifting and tweaking that must now be done in game over and over again.

"Casual" gamers have been forgotten it seems and i think this is because the game has built up such a fanbase that SI have realised that we will all still buy the game anyway, even if it ends up sitting on a shelf for 10 months, because each £20 - £30 although not a fortune to most of us is money in the bank for SI and as long as that money is still coming in they can take absolutely any route they please with the game and know they will still make their fortune.(with the state of FM10 i cannot help but visualise the whole of the staff sat with their feet up dreaming of big bonuses because of us bozo's buying the game in any condition)

2. The ME is a complete and utter mess, imo the worst i've ever seen with passive defending and ridiculous scenarios, from which you are expected to work out what is wrong with your tactic. If my GK has three easy passes on yet stands with the ball until he is disposessed by the opposing attacker how in anybodys language is anyone supposed to be able to work out any tactical issues?

3. The fact that the AI whatever the team/manager is obviously host to a whole different spectrum of information than we the Human Manager, this is easily identifiable when you constantly see them making the right decisions during every stage of a game, they all too often do no wrong, turning games around within minutes of a switch, getting the crappiest of players to play wonderful one touch possession football and getting players with awful long shot stats scoring for fun, etc, etc, etc...

Thats all for now.

Your Issue: Thousands

:rolleyes::D

Only a genius or those with way too much time on their hands can understand the tactical shifting and tweaking that must now be done in game over and over again.

In your opinion and I personally couldn't disagree more.

"Casual" gamers have been forgotten it seems and i think this is because the game has built up such a fanbase that SI have realised that we will all still buy the game anyway, even if it ends up sitting on a shelf for 10 months, because each £20 - £30 although not a fortune to most of us is money in the bank for SI and as long as that money is still coming in they can take absolutely any route they please with the game and know they will still make their fortune.(with the state of FM10 i cannot help but visualise the whole of the staff sat with their feet up dreaming of big bonuses because of us bozo's buying the game in any condition)

A ludicrous notion.

3. The fact that the AI whatever the team/manager is obviously host to a whole different spectrum of information than we the Human Manager, this is easily identifiable when you constantly see them making the right decisions during every stage of a game, they all too often do no wrong, turning games around within minutes of a switch, getting the crappiest of players to play wonderful one touch possession football and getting players with awful long shot stats scoring for fun, etc, etc, etc...

It's all your opinion and that's fine but it has been said time and time again that the AI is pretty basic, has the same tools as the user and actually is at a disadvantage because it is not as sophisticated as a human user.

C.

1. I have attempted to campaign for years to stop this game turning into the mess it has now become. Only a genius or those with way too much time on their hands can understand the tactical shifting and tweaking that must now be done in game over and over again.

2. The ME is a complete and utter mess, imo the worst i've ever seen with passive defending and ridiculous scenarios, from which you are expected to work out what is wrong with your tactic. If my GK has three easy passes on yet stands with the ball until he is disposessed by the opposing attacker how in anybodys language is anyone supposed to be able to work out any tactical issues?

Thats all for now.

Hear hear!!

I just played a game where despite closing down, wrong foot, tight marking and man marking instructions on Steven Gerrard he blasted in 2 long range efforts with his good foot in the first 15 mins. I then have players heading it out when under no pressure, defenders blasting it for a corner under no pressure and centre backs parting like The Red Sea to allow a striker an easy passage to goal. The opposition players do nothing wrong!!

I see players mispass to an opponent, yep that real life,, but the with the opposition it sticks every time.

I play a sweeper keeper and offside and yet constant balls between my centre backs always lead to goals because my "attacking sweeper keeper" stays on his line!!

I have a striker with 17 at finishing stick the ball on the opposition keeper nose from 2 yards!!

I concede penalties and have men sent off with regularity even though I am on default tackling!!

I have a man sent off for jumping for a header yet an opponent will dive into a two footed tackle and merely get booked!

I set my corners far post but they don't make the first man!

Lord help me I could go on and on!!!!

I have attempted to campaign for years to stop this game turning into the mess it has now become.

Another thing, if you want to 'campaign' properly, why don't you get involved in beta testing? Also, why don't you stop posting highly subjective rants all over the place (which many people find tiresome) and start posting up some evidence? Your arguments about the game would be far more interesting and worthwhile if they were written with better clarity, in a non-emotional way and with supporting evidence.

If you really believe that there are thousands of issues in the game, surely your best chance to help to improve it is to get involved, post up screenshots, PKMs and save game files, and to try to be as constructive as possible.

Regards,

C.

Thats all for now.

Spot on. For me this is the worst incarnation since CM4.

Hammer 1000, I wouldn't say the games a mess, but its not as good as it used to be, not as much fun, and lets face it, you need about 8 PHD's in tacticsology to get anything out of your team, as I said earlier tactics seem more important than players which is just not the case IRL, you could have the best tactic in the world, but the team with the best players will win 7 out of 10 times, thats the way it should be, but not in FM for some reason.

You only have to look on these forums to see that tactics come first as any critism is met with 'its your tactics', but how can it be your tactics if a defender with 19 pace and 15 acceleration is outpaced by a forward with half that and a midfielder with 2 long shots smashing it in the top corner all the time.

SI need to stop putting in new features until they fix these basic problems and get player quality meaning something again. Yes tactics are important, you can have good players playing badly with a bad tactic, but you should never have average players consistently outplaying better players no matter how good your tactic is, I think Martin O'Neil said that tactics don't win games, players do.

Archived