Confusing it most deffinatly is

I wonder if someone could answer this for me...

I read many threads about the most important attributes for each players posistions and i'm confused.

I have marc vaughan's hints and tips guide for fm07 in which a full back would have posistioning,tackling,pace and anticipation as his vital stats and which marc reccomends at least a 15 rating in all of these for a premier league player. Now the threads i have read on forums suggest some differant vital stats for fm08's same posistion. I.e In the fm08 FAQ guide it list Work rate, stamina, teamwork, decisions, positioning and acceleration as the stats to be looking for.

So does this change each year or is the 07 guide still right?? I dont think it depends on the tactic your using because the hints and tips guide dont mention anything about tactics.

If anyone could clear this up for me it would be great.

Thanks

• Administrators

I'd say a combination of all those stats would help a full back. Ideally yeah they'd be above 15, but say greater pace and acceleration could help make up for bad positioning in the sense a quick player would have more chance of getting back and covering.

So Neil are you saying the 07 guide is right or the 08 or a combination of both?

It's just i loaded my game just now to check this and when i did a player search for all the attributes listed and set it at 15 i found just 2 players? Maybe that has something to do with the amount of league i have set up but 2 isnt many considering i have english,spanish,scottish and italian leagues in which to search.

Don't know how helpful this will be but here goes anyway.

With the new tactics creator when you decide what you want the position to be in this instance a full back and then bring up the player instructions it will show you their attributes with the most important ones highlighted. You could take a note of these attributes and use them as part of your search criteria.

• Administrators

I'd disregard both to an extent - remember it's just a guide. The best judge is your own football knowledge. Personally I'd say vital stats for a defender are a combination of all - but it doesn't necessarily have to be over 15. It's no magic number!

Agree with you there neil, i have reduced the search to 14 and a fair few more names popped up, i do enjoy football but '' my knowledge is very little in terms of a great player'' so maybe thats why i struggle. I know it's a guide but some have been very helpful in most areas its just this area in which i get confused most.

Also thanks to the other poster...It is helpful in fm10 but i often drift back to previous saves on other fm games which dont have the same advice given in fm10 but yes you was helpful.

Archived