Youths from lower leagues!!!!!

Does any one ever get any good youth players when playing as a lower league team?

i have never seen a decent youth come from a crap team on this years game like they used to on the last one, and i know it's because my youth facilities ARE poor, but players like Liam Lawrence who isn't world class but is a good premiership footballer came from Mansfield!!!!

so i was just wondering if you have ever had or seen any decent players come through from lower league clubs on their games?

ALSO has anyone ever had or seen a player from the Blue Square North/South or lower such as Jermaine Beckford in real life turn out to be a good player as i've never seen one on any football manager game i've played?

Not yet as my youth facilites are not very good, the best I can do is a player with 3 star potential.

However in my game Tranmere were/are in League 2 and got a great keeper come through their U18s.

He's not there now as I signed him for what probably will be a record fee for Sutton United at £450k

My scouts/coaches reckon he's good enough to play in the Premier League.

This is on FM09, but I got a newgen called John Cameron in 2021. He's 16 years old, and good enough to play in my 1st team: Man Utd., who are still top of the Prem. He started at Ross County. I'm not sure where they are, as I've only got League 2 and upwards loaded, but they're not in League football, and they produced this world class 16 year old.

This is on FM09, but I got a newgen called John Cameron in 2021. He's 16 years old, and good enough to play in my 1st team: Man Utd., who are still top of the Prem. He started at Ross County. I'm not sure where they are, as I've only got League 2 and upwards loaded, but they're not in League football, and they produced this world class 16 year old.

Vic, Ross County are Scottish and play in the Scottish First Division.

Vic, Ross County are Scottish and play in the Scottish First Division.

Hmm, didn't think I had that league loaded. Might have been one of the few newgens that get chucked into unloaded leagues, and that play in euro comps I suppose. He definitely came from there though.

Not only the game doesn't generate any good youngsters at low levels but I also cannot get the 3-star prospects I bought to develop. Training levels are just too low because of the limited number of coaches you can sign.

Just because you can't find them in your game it doesn't mean that they aren't generated.

You need to get your scout with the best JPA to only look for players under 19 and he should start to find a few players who have more then a 3 star potential.

Also try looking at some of the U19 international squads. That's how I found the keeper from Tranmere as he was in the squad for England U19s but so far is uncapped.

A player with 3 star potential is potentially only good enough to be a "good player" in the league you are currently playing in. So really you need to look at players with higher potential then that.

A couple of promotions will let you sign many more coaches, once I got to league 2 I could have signed 10 if I wanted to, but you will still be limited until the youth and training facilities are improved.

That's all a part of LLM.

I think the problem is the game just don t understand first class facilities dont necessary mean first class youth comes out. Most top flight Nick there youth as they find it hard as anybody to find them first hand. Under rules clubs can be compensated this also provides funds.

We just had a high profile issue with chelsea to show they rarely get good uns themselves despite state of art facilities. This means poor facilities still generate good youth they might or might not develop thats down to individual mentality. It should be more like reality hit and miss some years you get lean periods poor crops some years you get 1 or 2 gems as sellable assets which top clubs chase.

The game just pidgeons holes things and it needs a more flexible model.

I would even suggest maybe we should have to search and fight for signing youth with the youth manager not given them. That the game needs regional hotbeds.

I dont understand why all league 2 sides should have poor youth facilities some have some very good setups but the game lack of research or poor structure dont get it. The system too grey and needs redeveloping. I would love si to go beyond youth down to 12 age groups as regens not regen at youth level as it gives too little time for development and stamp clubs philosophy.

Archived