Board Confidence "Resetting"

Has anyone found the Board Confidence appearing to reset itself at the start of a new season. I was tipped to be bottom, battle bravely against relegation, and managed to survive by 9 places - the board were delighted throughout the season. However come start of a new season, it's set back to Satisfied. I can see no reason why this would be. Can imagine a small jump from pleased to quite pleased or similar, but not delighted to satisfied for no reason!

Anyone else experienced this?

Agreed. In FM09 at least after 4 years of high level winning, the board would mark you as secure and you could become a legend at the club...then when you were no longer a legend. So weak -- if I win 3 CLs in 4 years, the game should mark me at least as favourite personnel and acknowledge me when I return. So very annoying that clubs act as though you had nothing to do with their success. Also weird is that I wound up switching jobs with Mourinho (he was fired, I quit and took his old job, he took my old job) and we played each other in Europe there was no mention of it. C'mon the papers would be all over that story -- Mourinho out for revenge, me out to break what I built. The press conference should totally have recognized that, but no the questions, "You've been linked with player x as a transfer target," "Do you think over-confidence will be a factor," "So and so has been marked as a danger man." I kept typing in, "are you lads going to continue to ignore the big story?" I would really appreciate the game feeling more inclusive, that is my big request for FM11.

Yes this seems to happen alright.Although unlike the posters above it was to my advantage.

My job status was "very insecure" and at the start of the new season it was back to satisfied.

Needs to be fixed though.I'd be very annoyed if my great work was just forgotten about.

This frustrates me too !

Why can't the board take in to account achievements over your entire management career at the club, not just that season ?

The double-wammy is that if you over-achieve in one season, not only do you have increased expectations the following year, but your confidence is back to satisfied, meaning an increased likelihood of being sacked !

Yeah, I remember in FM08 that I managed England to the European championship and World Cup. Got eliminated in penalties in semi's. Minimum expectation for the tournament was to make the final. After the match my job was listed as under review and I was fired. Afterwards the announcement said I was a legend and could be proud of my record. Which was awesome...but why was my job under review? Would the FA get rid of a manager that won the WC and Euros just because he lost on penalties in the semis to France? At least the press recognized the FA were dumb. But my name still dropped off the radar of England. So weak.

Archived