Scouts: To Roam Or Not

Hi all,

I haven't seen this anywhere and it's bugging me.

I normally assign my scouts to one region each at the beginning of the game, to try and build up a general Scouting Knowledge percentage. Usually, I untick the Romaming option at first as I want them to visit each Country properly. I play with either QPR or Barca.

I'm not getting very good results, certainly not compared to previous FM versions. I find it takes the Scouts an eternity to Scout each Country in the Region, and their knowledge of previously-visited Countries dropping sometimes actually makes my Scouting Knowledge percentage drop.

In your opinion, am I better off ticking roaming? Or are there better ways to build up my Scouting Knowledge.

You could sign different nationalities for your scouting network. That's a quick way to build it up.

And feeder clubs etc, that should increase your knowledge all around. I usually search for scouts, and when building up my knowledge I don't worry so much about their ratings, more what countries they know about.

It does help (if you have the space/allowance for it) to have more than one scout in some of the areas. On one save (as liverpool) I have several regions where there are 2 scouts, (all with roaming ticked) and my scouting knowledge bar is in the region of 81%. However, that isn't just through scouts, it's also signing staff with different nationalities, and through my many feeder clubs. Those are the only ways I know of to increase your worldwide knowledge.

I have set my scout to scout a region. That region is the entire world lol. Although 3 months later hes still stuck in the MLS.

Ah yes..........scout the world. I remember I did that once. You'll see him again in 2034 - once he's finished the MSL, and Canada if you're lucky :thup:

It does help (if you have the space/allowance for it) to have more than one scout in some of the areas. On one save (as liverpool) I have several regions where there are 2 scouts, (all with roaming ticked) and my scouting knowledge bar is in the region of 81%. However, that isn't just through scouts, it's also signing staff with different nationalities, and through my many feeder clubs. Those are the only ways I know of to increase your worldwide knowledge.

That's great, I'll try roaming instead then. I haven't got beyond 70% so far without it, evan at Barca where I had approx. 20 (? from memory) scouts.

Thanks.:thup:

That's great, I'll try roaming instead then. I haven't got beyond 70% so far without it, evan at Barca where I had approx. 20 (? from memory) scouts.

Thanks.:thup:

No worries. The recruitment appears to be slightly bugged, too. Either that or I was damned lucky! My board were limiting scouts to 20, but I have managed to keep signing them even so, and I think I have 25 atm!! Comes in very hand for those hard-to-reach areas!! ;)

Archived