Could you properly manage your Real Lifes Rival Teams.

I can't even take over at my rivals! I struggle to complete any challenges based in England, as I'm always watching what Liverpool do, and if (when) they start struggling, I have to take over. There's no way i could manage Everton or Manure...

I say properly because as an Everton fan I cannot manage Liverpool or Man Utd without a degree of mealevonance. I start with all good intentions but then start slowly destroy them.

How could you contemplate doing that! :eek: i would never like to manage the redsh**e to glory. :mad::thup::D

I always start with a 2 division team in chilean primera B division, hoping to be contracted by a bigger club from primera A in the future, however my rivals (Universidad de Chile) approached me and of course I said no! The idea of being part of such a team is very disgusting.

First you need to answer what is a rival? My club have 4 local clubs that are not worth bothering about anymore and to be honest doubtful they will be for a while (those being Accies, Airdrie-Clydebank United, Clyde and Albion Rovers). Most of it is down to their fans hate us more than we hate them. We have no real rivals - while our league rivals seem to be the City Clubs, Killie and St Mirren and to be fair I don't manage them because I don't manage in the Premier League more than due to who they are.

I've tried, many years ago, to manage Man Utd, just bored me after a while though. I have never, and will never, manage that team in red from the other side of Stanley Park. I enjoy winding Rafa up too much to want to take his job off him.

I have done it once as a Utd fan i took over that little red club from merseyside and firstly the scouse bin-dippers hated me for obvious reasons. But in all truth i had good intentions for them by trying to save the clubs as well they were in administration docked points they were a shambles and were forced to sell star players and i got the blame for selling Torres and an ageing Gerrard so i thought stuff you lot and got em' relegated!! That was my last attempt ever at going to a rival, tried to help them and it got thrown back in my face!

Coincedently I never manage Man Utd for some reason I think it's because i like to manage all over the world so never stay in one place long enough and I believe Utd should be the last job you ever take as it's a honour. Or it could just be I don't like the thought of Sir Alex's prescence echoing through the halls of Old Trafford...Haha

As an Aberdeen fan I've tried managing Rangers (in the FM10 demo) but couldn't keep it up. After a month or so I gave up on the game altogether. I've never tried managing Dundee United or Celtic and I don't plan to. In previous games when managing Aberdeen I've been linked to the Celtic job and always denied interest. Never been linked to the Rangers job and that's pretty much the way I like it.

I'm an Athletic Bilbao fan, but I think I could manage Real Sociedad- though I haven't done it. The Basque rivalry is intense, but the two clubs are still relatively friendly, and they both seem to hate Real Madrid more. I could never EVER manage Real Madrid.

I also like Tottenham, and have tried to manage Arsenal. It felt weird, so I quit before ever playing a match. Stateside, I support my hometown Houston Dynamo and couldn't see myself playing as Dallas.

First you need to answer what is a rival? My club have 4 local clubs that are not worth bothering about anymore and to be honest doubtful they will be for a while (those being Accies, Airdrie-Clydebank United, Clyde and Albion Rovers). Most of it is down to their fans hate us more than we hate them. We have no real rivals - while our league rivals seem to be the City Clubs, Killie and St Mirren and to be fair I don't manage them because I don't manage in the Premier League more than due to who they are.

I would class a Rival as those that are offcially recognised. Such as Celtic & Rangers, Liverpool & Everton, Tottenham & Arsenal etc.....

But could in the context of this thread be a personal thing as I could also not manage Watford because a hated ex-boss of mine supports them, also Brentford for personal reasons.

It depends on the rival TBH. If they are a top rival -- United vs. Pool, Barca vs. Real, Pool vs. Everton, etc. -- I couldn't do it and I imagine many others couldn't. But a smaller or dormant rivalry -- United vs. Leeds, Pool vs. Chelsea, etc. I think I could possibly do that. Where I have found myself being biased is as a national team coach -- with England I drop Terry and bench Gerrard. Not the smartest move, but I can't build my team around Stevie G or have Terry as captain. Instead I build the team around Rooney and Lampard with Rio and Becks as captain and vice captain.

I have only played as Bristol Rovers once, when FMH had a no sacking option, I offered all the players huge contracts, then released them, cost the club millions, then went into receivership and I jumped ship just before their inevitable exit from the playable leagues. Beautiful...

I don't like managing clubs in England other than Manchester United, I just can't seem to be able to want to play against them. However, I would never rule out managing Liverpool but I would never manage Manchester City or Chelsea. City because they are major rivals with their money, and Chelsea because I absolutely hate them with a passion.

Never in a million years could I take over Ipsh*t Town, I'd rather die! Not even taken them over to desroy them, couldn't stand that crappy pony badge on my screen, it's bad enough having it on my screen 2 times a season when I play them, but at least I have the pleasure of beating them 4 times out of 4 games!

I have a real dislike for Liverpool, in fact you could say I hate them. Have never been them on FM or any other game for that matter, apart from Fifa when I needed a trophy for beating my rival. As a Chelsea fan it isn't natural for me not to like them, its just something that's grown on me lol.

Archived