Can not sell in first year...

Almost always, a club can not sell the player that they bought in a year. This was probably put in to stop people buying players through bosman and then selling them straight away and getting rich of it. This is perfectly reasonable and understandable, but I think when you first start a game with a team, I think this should be turned off. What do you guys think? It would make the restructuring projects much more easier, I think.

Boumsong anyone?

The rule you are on about i believe is you cannot play for more than 2 clubs in a season under FIFA rules

Not a rule in real life but in FM the newly bought players can not be sold before a year has passed in the game. This happens when you begin the game, too and seriously crapples the plans for restructuring a squad.

It's difficult to shift them out in the same transfer window (ie players brought in by the previous manager before you took over) but in the following window, it's not normally a problem. I signed a Polish striker on a freebie in the summer as I took over, and mid-november he started complaining cos he wasn't playing, so I listed him, and offered him out, and now he's off to West Brom in the January window for £3.3m!!

Archived