Training Youths

Do you guys think it's better to send a prospect out for loan to a team where he will play most games, or have him play on the reserve squad and be tutored by world class players?

Does age factor into this decision?

Should a player go through multiple stages, perhaps growing up in your system but going on loan at 20-22 or so for experience before joining the main squad?

Good question. From my experiences the young players attributes increase faster in the youth team- playing games and being tutored in the correct manner. Then maybe a seson on loan to see if he can handle it playing first team football at a higher level. :)

Generally i keep my youth players at my club giving them position specific training (i use Tugs training schedules) and getting them tutored by top players and learning new moves till they are 19. At this point i loan them out to lower league clubs where they are guaranteed lots of 1st team games and see how they go there.

The best is to use the editor and stick a B squad into a regular division , youngsters then could use your top facilities and play lots of games.

Closely monitoring development for 2 years show me that keeping them in your club is better than sending them to play in 4th division, of course my sample is very small .

Generally i keep my youth players at my club giving them position specific training (i use Tugs training schedules) and getting them tutored by top players and learning new moves till they are 19. At this point i loan them out to lower league clubs where they are guaranteed lots of 1st team games and see how they go there.

That's exactly what I do. When you loan them out too early, they come back with decreased attributes sometimes and even can't play regularly in a lower division. 19 years old is good to loan them out, and if they don't develop into what you would expect at 20 years old, just say good-bye to them :)

Archived