Unrealistic transfers - PLEASE SORT OUT

This is a problem that makes it much much easier for the player than the AI. There are two things wrong I think. Firstly every single player will attract interest, in the football league at least. The amount of transfer activity behind the scenes means that players are constantly being having interest in them, deals are being negotiated even if the majority of them fall through which isn't reflected in the game at all. You look at players like Ibrahima Thiam (who is immense in leagues 1 and 2) who no one is interested in at all. Even becks has no interest despite being out of contract (is that a bug? He's got another 2 or 3 years I think) in january. Another problem is players are too easily wanting to join clubs, that is, they'll be interested in joining far too unrealistically. I shouldn't be able to attract premier league reserves and youngsters (decent players like that wolves winger Jones to barnet in league 2) as easily as I can. Here's a list of players that wouldn't mind joining permanently (and doesn't this seem unrealistic): Peter Pawlett, danijel subotic, Pacheco (el salvador winger), Danny Hoesen, Lauri Dalla Valle, never in real life would that happen. Free agents want really low wages as far as I could tell the further up you go (so in league 2 it's realistic but out of contract players sign for very little at premier league clubs). So it's very very easy for me to build a team for very little to rip apart leagues 2/1/championship

Anyone else feel this way?

ai clubs certainly seem very ready to let good players go on frees, who have no problem joining much smaller sides - i picked up 2 french under 21 internationals for my french second division strugglers, both had been playing fairly regularly in the top flight

i've also noticed the lack of interest thing - a lot of decent players seem to spend a season or so out of contract before they're snapped up, when in reality they'd find a club fairly quickly. you also get players who do well in the lower leagues, but never seem to get signed by bigger clubs - i think this is due to the ai buying players based on their ca, rather than on how good their actual performances have been

Archived