Scouting clubs?

im sure you used to be able to scout a club on an earlier fm/cm but can remember which one. it definetly should be a feature included in the game!

Yep. They actually managed to remove this feature at some point. Why is beyond me..

Yes it was a feature once upon a time, but I think was replaced by the scout next opposition feature which seems to focus on their tactics rather than squad. Surly it couldn't be to hard to implement. I would expecialy like to be able to fully scout (limited squad evaluation as well as preferred tactics) opposition weeks in advance in perperation for cup games or important league clashes.

Yes it was a feature once upon a time, but I think was replaced by the scout next opposition feature which seems to focus on their tactics rather than squad. Surly it couldn't be to hard to implement. I would expecialy like to be able to fully scout (limited squad evaluation as well as preferred tactics) opposition weeks in advance in perperation for cup games or important league clashes.

Scouting your opposition has been in there for years, I think CM01/02 was the first version I played, and it was available then...

The "scout club" feature was there in previous versions too, but for some reason, no longer is. Would like to see it back though, it's nice n useful!

From an LLM point of view, it would be useful to be able to send a scout to a bigger club, to identify if they have any decent players on their books available for loan, or free transfer at the end of the season.

From an LLM point of view, it would be useful to be able to send a scout to a bigger club, to identify if they have any decent players on their books available for loan, or free transfer at the end of the season.

I think you can do that now, to a certain extent anyway. When viewing a club's squad screen (not your own!!) there should be a button at the top right (next to comment on manager) that says "Get loan report". My understanding of this, is it will make your assistant find out which players from that club are available to you on loan. I'm not sure if it tells you if they are i nterested or not, I haven't tried it yet...

Archived