Chairman selling player

Playing as Celtic year 2017, and first wonderkid to come through youth ranks from age of 15 and chairman sells for 15 million to Real Madrid saying too good an offer to turn down and has intervenned. Did not give me an option to reject the transfer. Player is 20yrs age now. Have just checked FMTRE and has a PA of 188!!

Hes irreplaceable. right winger could be the next Ronaldo. Worth at least 100 million or more. How can i prevent chairman selling players. Finances are sound running at a profit.

And further the fans and rest of squad have turned on me. Fan supporters bit says mistake to sell James Forrest. Majority of squad have got concern lost faith in managers ability, mistake etc in comments section.

Theres not a lot you can do when this happens except what Bob has suggested. One thing you could maybe try is to go back to a previous save with this guy in it and offer him a new contract with a huge release fee (about 100m should put off most clubs) before any clubs show an interest in him.

One other thing to remember is that if you've installed the 10.1.1 patch then using programs like FMRTE can cause issues so you might have to stop using it.

the chairman will still sell him tho!!

Certain clubs cant keep hold of young players when big clubs come knocking Celtic are amongst them, ive had this before with west ham, its annoying but part of the game, it seems unfair tho that the fans blame you tho when he was sold above your head!

the chairman will still sell him tho!!

Certain clubs cant keep hold of young players when big clubs come knocking Celtic are amongst them

In that case the only things you can really do is either live with your chairman selling the player since 15m to a club like Celtic would rarely be refused irl or use fmtre (if its not causing problems) and increase Celtic's reputation so that its similar to clubs like Real Madrid and your chairman might stop interfering.

I've had the chairman sell players on me a few times and it is very frustrating. I'd at least like the option of being able to insert a percentage of next sale clause in the deal or something similar. I can understand an offer being too good to be turned down but some negotiation ability would be appreciated

the whole chairman selling players is anouying heres how i think it should be done:

Chairman recieves offer that he thinks is good he comes to manager and says ive had this offer i think its a good deal. Manager has the option to say we can get a bit more or if you sell him im walking.

I don't really see what the problem is. It sucks to have good players taken for what seems like such a cheap fee but it is true-to-life. I had it happen when managing IFK Goteborg. Happens all the time irl in MLS. I know your next argument would be that Celtic is better than those teams. Even though that is true Celtic still plays in the SPL. The level of talent needed to overmatch competition in the SPL dictates that players of the caliber you suggest will routinely be sold off for fear that the player might not resign with the club anyway. Keep in mind that despite all of Celtic's real world successes and the successes you no doubt enjoy with them on your game, they are still considered an exceptional 2nd tier team rather than a solid perennial contender like Real Madrid. Sorry if this is choppy...sent it from my phone.

Dont think for a second that big clubs dont have interference from chairman. I am playing as Arsenal and had a player sold over my head and if memory serves me right it was about the 15M mark and he was a good prospect aswell. But i got my revenge in the following press conference i was asked how i felt about it and i said i was very angry and then 2 months later the chairman gets ousted from within.

So every cloud....

nah, you dont need FMRTE for this

set all your player asking value to 0, then set reject all offers

you will get loads of offers from all other team in the world, but all of them will only offer you at $0, so easily you can reject all

the only bad thing is your inbox will be very full, loads of spam from the club who wanted to buy the player

I think its atrocious the fans are getting so disappointed and upset with every single "first team player" sold.

Agree, the fans are stupid too.

They just can not understand when I sell someone for money, and with that amount of money I signed a much better guy.

Archived