Trying to ensure a player doesn't sign a contract

I'm a few years into the game and Akinfeev's contract is up in December (it's January), his club still want silly money and I'm being tight after splashing out a lot on my forwards so I'd ideally like to get him for nothing. He's currently unhappy and I've made it clear I want to sign him which he seems to like but I'm still worried than in the next six months he signs a new deal. Anyone got any tips to stop this from happening?

You could keep offering very high transfer fees, agreeing terms, and then pulling out of the deal at the last minute. However, you'd have to keep giving him a VERY good deal, as his current club would be likely to offer him a contract to pursuade him to stay.

You could keep offering very high transfer fees, agreeing terms, and then pulling out of the deal at the last minute. However, you'd have to keep giving him a VERY good deal, as his current club would be likely to offer him a contract to pursuade him to stay.

Yeah Ive often done this before but it does become very repetitive and boaring - but should work! :)

Archived