Italian chairman(s) in Turkey :)

You never know what will happen in future. The Turkish league has been attracting more and more foreign players in recent years which leads to greater foreign interest. The next possible stage in that could be foreign investment.

Particularly with the, to be honest, very unprofessional way in which a number of Turkish clubs are controlled, I can see the need for changes of ownership in the not too distant future.

what about mexican chairman taking over english clubs?? its happened in my game

Why not? It's one of the fastest growing economies in the world and has a number of very rich businesses and individuals. The 3rd richest man in the world is Mexican iirc.

but in Turkey, it's unacceptable for Turkish people. Because they think that someone who is Turkish manages the club. he must be president.

President, manager and owner aren't the same thing though. As I said also, a number of people are getting increasingly antagonised in Turkey by the mismanagement and unprofesionalism at the top of a number of clubs. I'm sure a lot of people would welcome change.

Also remember it's a game afterall.

President, manager and owner aren't the same thing though. As I said also, a number of people are getting increasingly antagonised in Turkey by the mismanagement and unprofesionalism at the top of a number of clubs. I'm sure a lot of people would welcome change.

Also remember it's a game afterall.

You don't know Turkey and Turkish People. Turkish People have lots of different idea/thought. So, They don't like this change. Turkey does not cover from Istanbul. Turkey has 81 cities. Then, People who live many cities have nationalist idea.

You don't know Turkey and Turkish People. Turkish People have lots of different idea/thought. So, They don't like this change. Turkey does not cover from Istanbul. Turkey has 81 cities. Then, People who live many cities have nationalist idea.

Not every person is the same - I know that much. While some people (you included) see/want one thing, I know for sure not everyone does. Again, I'll say it - it's a game. While this may not be an entirely realistic scenario, it's not SI's perogative to include the social and political outlook of people, or to make assumptions about such, and instead to remain neutral.

And please don't tell me what I know and what I don't. :)

Not every person is the same - I know that much. While some people (you included) see/want one thing, I know for sure not everyone does. Again, I'll say it - it's a game. While this may not be an entirely realistic scenario, it's not SI's perogative to include the social and political outlook of people, or to make assumptions about such, and instead to remain neutral.

And please don't tell me what I know and what I don't. :)

Where are you from? Turkey?

Have you been Turkey?

I say something.

First of all, We don't like you say Turkey. Because, this is animal name. So, We would like you say Republic of Turkiye. (in Turkish, Türkiye Cumhuriyeti.)

Ataturk is the leader of 20th century. When he lived through the last day, he said to asistant, you trust Turkish Doctors for me. Namely When we die, we trust Turkish Doctors.

70 million People live in there and Turkiye has lots of political thought. However, All ideas will only say something, Turkish people have not any friends from the other nationality.

In Conclusion; We don't want to Italian/Other Contruies chairman(s) in Turkiye Cumhuriyeti. And, In Turkey, time is 23:28. So I am going to go to University at 9.00 am. And I have quiz from the integral.

You should read Turkish History. World War 1/Liberation War and Canakkale War. Maybe, You read Empire of Osmanlı(Ottoman), you read Fatih Sultan Mehmet. Conquest of Istanbul War 1453. :)

Yes, but if the Nationalist ideal stands between Your clubs success and a

Türk lirası 200,000,000 investment then that could be a barrier.

Although, I am aware how hard over half a century Your First President fought for the Freedom of Independence in Türkyie. Which makes all Turks wish to work harder for themselves and not rely upon others. Türkiye Cumhuriyeti Ebediyen. :)

I know of what you're saying, however you're missing my point. FM is a game, and as such neither the developers nor the users care for individuals or nations politics - they care about their football. While it may not be likely to get an Italian owner in Turkey, it is not impossible, nor against the rules. Whether or not they'd be liked or accepted, and whether or not people have nationalist (which is in my opinion total bs and bordering on racism - but I'm not looking for a political debate here) views is not anyone's concern but the indivuduals, in this instance.

The fact is there may well be objections to such a move, but I'm sure there'd be people with the money and the interest in investing in Turkish football, and nothing in the TFF rules against it (as far as I'm aware)

Where are you from? Turkey?

Have you been Turkey?

I say something.

First of all, We don't like you say Turkey. Because, this is animal name. So, We would like you say Republic of Turkiye. (in Turkish, Türkiye Cumhuriyeti.)

Ataturk is the leader of 20th century. When he lived through the last day, he said to asistant, you trust Turkish Doctors for me. Namely When we die, we trust Turkish Doctors.

70 million People live in there and Turkiye has lots of political thought. However, All ideas will only say something, Turkish people have not any friends from the other nationality.

In Conclusion; We don't want to Italian/Other Contruies chairman(s) in Turkiye Cumhuriyeti. And, In Turkey, time is 23:28. So I am going to go to University at 9.00 am. And I have quiz from the integral.

You should read Turkish History. World War 1/Liberation War and Canakkale War. Maybe, You read Empire of Osmanlı(Ottoman), you read Fatih Sultan Mehmet. Conquest of Istanbul War 1453. :)

Not wanting to get drawn into a political debate, assuming you have not been and talke to every single one of your countrymen, you cannot make a sweeping statement and say that every single turkish person wants a turkish chairman at their club....... A country is full of different people, and assuming you're not wanting to go down the soviet communist route then people are allowed to have different views, I am sure there is mroe than 1 person that really wouldn't care what nationality their chairman is as long as its good for the club.

Apologies for the roundabout way of me making that point - I am sleep deprived

I know of what you're saying, however you're missing my point. FM is a game, and as such neither the developers nor the users care for individuals or nations politics - they care about their football. While it may not be likely to get an Italian owner in Turkey, it is not impossible, nor against the rules. Whether or not they'd be liked or accepted, and whether or not people have nationalist (which is in my opinion total bs and bordering on racism - but I'm not looking for a political debate here) views is not anyone's concern but the indivuduals, in this instance.

The fact is there may well be objections to such a move, but I'm sure there'd be people with the money and the interest in investing in Turkish football, and nothing in the TFF rules against it (as far as I'm aware)

FM is a game. You are right, however, football or anyting is a not game. This is important for Turkish People.

Please, you listen to me yo dont write anything. Because, you don't know. Tomorrow, You will go to magazine shopping center and buy Turkish history books. You will learn who is Atatürk. And cameback, you talk about this issue together. :)

FM is a game. You are right, however, football or anyting is a not game. This is important for Turkish People.

Please, you listen to me yo dont write anything. Because, you don't know. Tomorrow, You will go to magazine shopping center and buy Turkish history books. You will learn who is Atatürk. And cameback, you talk about this issue together. :)

Stop making assumptions about what I know. I know who Ataturk is thanks. Don't see quite why he's being mentioned here at all, as I've said this should not be a political debate, nor one about nationalism.

I know plenty, thanks, but it doesn't mean I agree with it; and not knowing everything doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. I wouldn't try and put up a case and try and, at the same time, steer back towards the point unless I had some idea what I was talking about.

:)

Where are you from? SCOTLANDHave you been Turkey? YES I have visited İçmeler and Marmaris

And I find the Turkish people very Hospitable and Polite, but always have done.

I say something.

WHICH OF THESE ABOVE SHOULD I READ? I have read a bit on Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

and the Liberation War, was wondering if I should read more into these other things?

Türkiye Cumhuriyeti Ebediyen. :)

Keep it on topic please guys, otherwise the thread will be closed.

I'm trying.

Football is a game, but it's undeniable there are politics all around it. From club rivalries, to transfer policies, right up to refusal to play a certain nation at international level.

However, as I see it, in order to avoid controversy and offense, and to avoid making sweeping assumptions, it's best for SI to continue to avoid politics and maintain impartiality and neutrality.

I'm trying.

Football is a game, but it's undeniable there are politics all around it. From club rivalries, to transfer policies, right up to refusal to play a certain nation at international level.

However, as I see it, in order to avoid controversy and offense, and to avoid making sweeping assumptions, it's best for SI to continue to avoid politics and maintain impartiality and neutrality.

Your final statement is correct, as they are creating a game and cannot please every political belief, so impartiality and some probability is required.

It's not about Turks' view on foreigners, nationalism or anything else. The thing is, excluding a couple of exceptions, clubs in Turkey are classified as "associations for public interest". They are not firms. Even the ones who are entered as PLCs into the database are not firms, they are the ones simply which established such firms to carry out certain commercial activities like merchandising and such. These clubs cannot have owners or be bought/sold. They have members who elect a board of directors and a chairman every 2-3 years. So it would be almost impossible for an Italian to come and become the chairman of a Turkish club. However, to answer the first question in the original post; it's an extremely insignificant and harmless bug which makes it rather pointless to be dwelling on the subject.

It's a known issue and we're hoping it'll be addressed in a future patch/version.

keremkrk: You're partially right. Some clubs are associations while some clubs are corporations and some clubs are owned by municipalities. It should be possible to see those clubs that are corporations to be bought by foreigners but those which are associations should not have foreigners as chairmen. Municipality owned clubs are a whole different story obviously. :) Hopefully we can get all this reflected at some point.

That is why Graeme Souness STILL has a death threat hanging over him from Fenerbahce fans ;)

Because for some it is more than a game.

Its exactly these people that give real fans a bad name. Especially those that go around stabbing others because of the football team they support.

I am no expert on Turkish football and certainly not on Turkey so don't know whether foreign takeovers are realistic in Turkey. I will take your word on that one.

However, isn't there an Edit file already in the game that prevents for example German clubs to be taken over by a "sugar daddy" or consortium.

If this really is true and a Turkish club IRL would never be taken over by someone from outside of Turkey, then surely SI can add that into the game, just as they did in the case of Germany.

Edit: Just checked; the file is there, however Turkey are already restricted in it: no Rich Individuals, PLC, Fans or Consortium takeovers should happen in Turkey (at least with the original Database). So it would require some extra coding to change this. Saw that a Turkey Researcher already stated this is already on the "SI-to-do-list".

As a Turk i would love to see some foreign investors.Not just sugardaddys but men that know what they are doing.Lots of youngsters with high potential are being wasted here,stupid amounts of money being spend on once-famous players.The whole football system must change.If someone leads the way it would be awesome

And as a Fenerbahçe fan,i must say i cant even remember Graeme Souness reign.But you know what he did to receive death threats?He stabbed a Galatasaray flag into Fenerbahçe's midfield lol that was the stupidest thing ever.Imagine same thing happens to your team.im not trying to justify the threats ofcourse but it was the stupidest thing ever

Quite frankly, its nothing worth getting worked up by those from Turkey or anyone else for that matter. It's a game, not a simulation on the political preferences and biases of each country. From how some of the posting is here, it almost seems as though you want SI to code prejudice into the game. End of the day, there is nothing wrong about an Italian taking over a team in Turkey on a football game.

It may come to a point where SI can better implement things like this, but considering there is no problem with bringing in foreign players I can't see why foreign owners would be too much of a problem either.

Keep it on topic please guys, otherwise the thread will be closed.

Wow, I just can't believe into my eyes and what I read above. But I won't put any further comments on it. Please keep the discussions within football game guys..

It's good to learn that it's being addressed :thup:

SI is never going to ban Italian chairman taking over at Turkish clubs - that is tantamount to racism.

It can happen in real life and it can happen in the game. Net of Beetle it is apparent that you have nationalist tendencies anyway, by expressing your discontent at Italian chairmen in your countries leagues.

This is hardly an issue that ruins the game at the end of the day, if push comes to shove you can always edit the chairman with FMRTE to give him a Turkish name and nationality. The game simply won't be able to deal with the social preferences of every nation in the game.

I see this as one of the most rasist threads ever. And i thought Turkey (or however they want it spelt im not changing the way i learnt) wanted into the European Union. If they have this kind off attitude for every person in the country theyll never get in because part of EU law is open borders for other EU nations.

And as for Si putting this into the game would be simply insane. Thats like them going back to the 1980's and not allowing a Catholic player to play for Rangers, which wont happen simply because its no politically correct. This is a differnt world now from the one the Ottoman empire and British empires thrived in.

Man i dont know whats happening in this thread.Hear me out im a Türk and a very nationalist one and yet i would love to see some foreign

chairman.someone said "it's unacceptable for Turkish people".give me a break,who you think you are to talk to behalf of all of us(hope i said it right).

Lastly we're not racist .yes we are patriotic yes were nationalist but never racist.who cares about the race,we all live together anyway

agreeed with the above post. Its good to be patriotic, but not hurting another nation or saying that something shouldnt happen within that nation.

Yes im a scotsman and i dont know about Turkish culture. Id love to see all Scottish players and chirman within scotland but id also say that if they are good, enough, rich enough and clever enough then they are good enough to do a job for that team

Azeri businessman Mubariz Mansimov is rumoured to be preparing to make a bid to become Besiktas chairman or at least supply the club with large chunks of cash even if he doesn't end up having an official position at the club. There is a growing number of Besiktas fans who are looking forward to Mansimov's bid as they have been disillusioned with current Turkish chairman Demiroren for quite some time now. Sure Azeri makes more sense than an Italian for the time being, but the reality of football is that if you don't have an infrastructure like Barcelona's most clubs will need a wealthy billionaire to take control of the financial aspects of the club and I doubt most involved will care much about this persons nationality hell even their gender as money will do all the talking. Turkish-Dutch business man is rumored to be interested in Galatasaray sure the man is originally Turkish, but he mainly resides in Holland. This si the direction that all of world football is moving in and thus is inevitable if the Turkish leagues want to compete with the best in the future.

Foreign takeovers may not have happened yet however being near the Arabian peninsula in the middle east it doesn't seem unlikely to me that billionaires in the region may start showing interest in a Turkish club or two. Also you can't factor out globalization if a businessman from country x sees a good investment opportunity in Turkey or another country for that matter, he may show interest and even if it may be hard for fans to accept the situation at the beginning, if things go well i.e. a few good signings are made most people will forget about anything that made them feel uncomfortable. Especially in a country like Turkey where the strategy of buying out certain sections of a stadium by giving people free tickets is a common strategy to silence critics of the current board ;) So let's not kid ourselves here. However the number of foreign investors in Turkey and the rate at which they appear may or may not be an issues that needs looking into, but for that you need further investigation, numbers, save games, etc.

As a final note I am sure if you told an Englishmen about 15 years ago that several of their top clubs would be owned by non-British people they'd have reacted with hysterical laughter, however today even championship (and lower) sides are getting foreign investors involved. I am sure supporters of none of these clubs were too happy about what was happening at the beginning but people get used to it in time so the sooner some people start getting used to it on FM the better it will reflect on their real life reactions when it happens to the club they support :)

Archived