What is your "Domestic Player Bias"

What is your DPB  

240 members have voted

1. 1. What is your DPB

Im in scotland on a created database that means i have to meet CL requirements just to play in the league as a result i have a reaonable amount but only enough to meet the requirements plus a few youth players comming through who look very good indeed,

10 at the minute because it hasn't changed yet. Although it always goes right down to 1 after enough seasons. I'm Northern Irish but never sign any of my fellow countrymen. I'd like to, but they just aint good enough :D

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, never realised I was so unusual - mine is 20 after 5 seasons at Spurs. I tend to buy the best young English talent as 16 year olds, and then they become HG by the time they are in the first team. I find it really helps the national team to develop youth well. Guess Im just patriotic!

I mostly manage in Norway, so I haven't much of a choice due to the HomeGrown rule...

Also because developing a foreign talent from age 16-17 til he's HomeGrown takes much too long and has little chance of succeeding, so getting an average local player for a few thousand £ is the easy way. Especially if he's gonna be a Rotation/Backup.

Mine is just 5, despite providing the current England team with 8 of their 26 players.

It is because I've had a history of signing foreigners (particularly in the lower leagues) and unfortunately it doesn't seem to take the development of my own English youth system players into account.

Mine is just 5, despite providing the current England team with 8 of their 26 players.

It is because I've had a history of signing foreigners (particularly in the lower leagues) and unfortunately it doesn't seem to take the development of my own English youth system players into account.

I guess that's why my stat never seems to go up.

In my Villa save, mine is 3. (In 2017). English players generally cost a bomb, I haven't really had anyone through the youth system who would be capable of holding down a first team place, and the foreign players, paticularly those from Eastern Europe, the Medditerainean and South America are far better value for money.

Start of the second season with Plymouth and mine is 11.

Im surprised its that high really, as i try to sign players from all over the world even if they're not even that good.

There is a total of 43 players in all three of my teams, and:

23 are from England

4 are from Scotland

3 are from Wales

2 are from Netherlands

and one from the following countries

Somalia

New Zealand

Latvia

Iceland

Hungary

Cyprus

Congo (democratic republic)

Bermuda (dont know how i found him lol)

Benin

Albania

Anguilla

Thanks m-owen

Mine is 8 at the moment after 2 seasons with QPR.

Just out of interest, are you guys certain it is to do with the percentage of domestic players that you sign? Rather than with the percentage of domestic players you choose for match day?

Because I have seen examples of ppl who buy only home grown kids, but are currently fielding first teams with 9-10 foreigners, and have this stat drop rather than increase.

I am playing Greek league and after 3 years there are only 3 players with CA over 170 and 1 with CA over 160 ....not much of a chance there.

Of course i have a game where only club grown players are allowed , pure fun if you put aside European competition embarrassment.

4, I just buy who's best, although I have a superb English regen striker.

3 English

3 Spanish

5 French

2 Norwegian

Then one each from Argentina, Belgium, Bosnia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Mexico, Holland, Portugal, Russia, Serbia, Switzerland, USA and Wales.

Quite the multicultural first team.

Surprisingly 1, given how long I've been in the Ukraine (max 5 foreigners on the pitch), though there have been a fair few naturalized players. Also had some sort of homegrown restrictions for most of the rest of the game in england and norway. I'm all for a varied team. My 09 golden squad era featured very few englishmen who weren't being developed, and aside from there being a few players from the usual countries (Brazil and Spain mainly with a few Italians, Frenchmen and Germans), there was also a few Serbs, Belgians, Russians and Turks, couple of Dutch, Norwegians and Greeks, A Scot, a Macedonian, a Portuguese, a Pole, an Arab (UAE) and even a welshman. A look back at the final squad brings up an American, Tunisian, Uruguayan and Ecuadorian. And this at a club pretty much at the very top for so long. Maybe because of the fact there have always been a few english young players being developed on the fringes, the bias rating is 2 as opposed to one.

Never really paid attention to the profile, but I reckon it should be quite high in most games I played.

I actually actively look for domestic players, often giving them the nod before (slightly) better foreigners. Just a personal thing. :)

I also tend to sell some of the less important foreigners when I arrive at the club, especially when there's a younger player I want to use.

Archived