Player taking forever to learn languages?

Hi,

I'm in charge of Zenit in my save.I signed a few players in my first season and now two plus years down the line some of them still don't even know basic Russian.

Also Danny was with Russian clubs for SIX years and couldn't become a citizen because he didn't know basic Russian.Although a few months layer he did have basic russian.

It seems that the players who don't play as often take longer than players who do to learn the language.

I think this is quite realistic, you do get the odd player with poor language skill. Robert Pires for example admitted himself he couldn't speak English well in all the years he spent at Arsenal. I might have to request a school to be built along with upgrading my training facilities :)

I think this feature is better than before. In previous games, most players would learn full language by 3 years in the country. Now it varies. I get some Spaniards who learn the language in a year and a half, fully, and then I had a Russian who never learned even a basic understanding of the language in the five years he spent with me. It also seems most Europeans (maybe Eastern less so) will learn English quicker, especially Dutch and Scandinavians, who are usually created with a full/basic understanding of English, which in my experience is true; most Dutch and Scandinavians I know (a lot of people!) are very good at English).

Have you seen a Cristian Ronaldo commercial? Driving some car: "some places, different places, other places..." something like that. He sounds like he never spoken the language after how many, 5 years in Man Utd.

Archived