..is regarded by the fans as an aberration.

I had the opposite. Sold Dzeko after a massive offer from Real Madrid and i seriously thought i would get lynched as he had been my top scorer, fans player of year, numerous MOTM awards, Player of Month, Player of year. Yet i got rid and my board says the fans see it as a good thing, yet i let go some poor mans Heskey and the fans have babies about it so i have no idea how this thing works

I had a player who stayed with me for a great deal of time and eventually became very slow due to his age. I released him at the end of his contract thinking that the fans would respect this, only to have them say it was an abberation even though the rest of the squad could more than handle his departure.

I do suppose that the important part to remember is this isn't the view of the board, but of the fans. You will always get fans who are attached to players and I could maybe see a bit of dissapointment, but aberation? Very strong :)

Am just wondering whether it could be linked towards the average rating the player has. So even if a player plays 50 games and has an average rating of lets say 6.98 but another player has only played about 30 games but has an average rating of 7.60 but stats wise is the poorer of the two players would the fans be more unhappy seeing the guy with the highest average leave than seeing the guy with a lower average?

Am just wondering whether it could be linked towards the average rating the player has. So even if a player plays 50 games and has an average rating of lets say 6.98 but another player has only played about 30 games but has an average rating of 7.60 but stats wise is the poorer of the two players would the fans be more unhappy seeing the guy with the highest average leave than seeing the guy with a lower average?

Gary Hooper average an epic: 6.63 in his last season for me...

Oh yeah! I can see where they were coming from!

I have the same pronlem in Energie Cottbus. I sold some very low potential kid, even for my team, and in my 2nd season after I got promoted from D2 fans are still talking that aberration nonsense. Shouldnt they forget after 1 season..

Should be fixed IMHO, it affects job stability. not too much but its annoying.

This happens with some other nonamers also, Doga Erman, Robert Rudnik etc..

Kyrgiakos, I should mention, had a rating for the season of 8.11 having only played in meaningless Carling Cup, CL, FA Cup games where I wanted to rest two of the other 3.

Not to mention, he had a £3.5m release fee so it's not like I could have kpt him if I wanted to.

I let Mikael Silvestre leave after a season with Arsenal on FM10, he only played 9 games all season, and 7 of those were as a substitute late in games.

Needless to say the fans regard it as an aberration :)

Needless to say I think they are wrong :p

same thing here

Ive just had to sell 3 players because they all wanted to leave and kept moaning every 3 weeks, no doubt the fans and board will be ****ed off at me even though they were like that when i arrived.

The players confidence thing is stupid, they moan about someone leaving with a rating of 6.1 or someone whos 34 and 4th choice.

Sold Iaquinta, got blessings from the fans who told me it was good to see him go.

Sold Sebastian Giovinco and Alexander Manninger, who couldn't even run straight sometimes, and I became a shooting target.

I do however simply choose to absolutely ignore these things, as it's not always as it should be in real football world as well. And its we that are the manager, not the fans. What we do, is for the best, so their opinion can blow away with the wind.

It's all part of my big and evil plan whatsoever ^,..,^

Sold Iaquinta, got blessings from the fans who told me it was good to see him go.

Sold Sebastian Giovinco and Alexander Manninger, who couldn't even run straight sometimes, and I became a shooting target.

I do however simply choose to absolutely ignore these things, as it's not always as it should be in real football world as well. And its we that are the manager, not the fans. What we do, is for the best, so their opinion can blow away with the wind.

It's all part of my big and evil plan whatsoever ^,..,^

You sold giovinco??? that was a bad piece of bussiness of your part :p

I agree that this needs to be looked at as a bug, or maybe we could get some official explanation as to why the fans react so strongly for odd reasons. I'm sure it has something to do that the player is a favorite of the club, but this shouldnt override common sense.

My best example:

Season five with Slavia Praha - Zdeněk Šenkeřík is now 32 or 33 years old. For those that dont follow the Czech league, he's a solid player to start the game for this level. However, during his last season with the club he made two(!) substitute appearances, both in the early rounds of the league cup against non-league teams. He is 8th on my striker depth chart, behind several youth players. His playing abilities arent bad overall, certainly good enough for a role player on a bad Gambrinus league team, but no where near good enough for a team that plays in Europe. I've suggested he look into coaching, hoping that once this last contract ends I can offer him a coaching deal.

No dice- his contract is due for renewal, and he wants a raise! Of course I dont re-sign him, and despite a good record as manager the fans feel its a mistake to let this player go?!

What do you guys think? What else could be done, other than pay him even more to not play for a year or two until his pace is 1.

SI need to tweak the fickleness of the fans tbh

Definitely. :thup:

I think if you sell a player and the fans are unhappy, they should become happier about the sale if the player does poorly at their new club. At the moment it doesn't take that into account.

Definitely. :thup:

I think if you sell a player and the fans are unhappy, they should become happier about the sale if the player does poorly at their new club. At the moment it doesn't take that into account.

They only seem to be happy if there is a clause included or if the player is woefully out of his depth which isnt good enough. I could understand if it was a section but the majority of fans?? I dont think so especially when its a complete plonker of a player that wanted gone IRL

This is funny, I put Cristiano Ronaldo in my lowly St Albans side via the editor. I kept him their for a season and he scored 124 goals. We were a very poor club financially and had no transfer budget or any budget as a matter of fact. So I decided to sell him for 90 Million pounds. I thought, great now I will get some cash to splash. At the start of the new season they gave me a very small budget out of the 90 mill and in my review it said that it was an abberation that I let him leave the club.....HELLO!!!!! 90 Million Pounds Anyone!!!!!!

In my Ac Milan save i decided to get rid of all the overage and grossly overpaid legends of the past. So off go Nesta, seedorf, Dida and Ambrosini and a few others i can't remember. All of them were around 33/34 and on 96k P/W each. Naturally i knew the fans wouldn't be too happy about ;losing all these icons and legends of the club but as i ignore this area most of the time i wasn't bothered. The thing is it's now been something like 18 months since i sold them but the fans still have it as a poor peice of buissiness in the confidence section.

Well you sold Ambrosini...you deserve it... :p

10 million for a 32/33 Y/O midfielder was to good to pass up. interestingly when i offered him out only Sunderland came up with the hard cash Barca, Real, Man U wanted to loan him. I agreed to everyone and he chose Sunderland much to my surprise and delight.

Oh and the annoying thing is they go on about it for a year or so. If you sell a reserve player, half the fans dont even know who he is and the other half forget after the next win.

Were Man U fans going on about Fergie selling Ronaldo a year later? No and no fans would be moaning at things like that or a loss 4 months ago when youre on a 8 game winning streak.

I hate my fans being disappointed when my kids draw in a CL dead-rubber against some lowly 4 seed when we qualified in the first 4 games.

It's a run out, but the game doesn't seem to notice your team selection, just assumes you are still 20-1 favourites.

it's really annoying. i sold a nobody to a third division team for 1000 euro (cause nobody would pay more than that). he never even got near my first team squad... yet the fans kept complaining about him leaving for half a year.

i also checked how he was doing at his new team. his average rating was 5.8 :eek:

Yeah, I do think this needs tweaking. Maybe the fans should come to respect you doubly as much when they see that the clown you've got rid of is not even starting at a club two divisions below you. Otherwise this just seems like a non-working part of the game, making your job harder without really offering much scope for reward.

It's also annoying that your transfer satisfaction resets to 50% every season without setting up some kind of base rate; if you've done brilliantly with players in and out, the fans should still be happy about your previous 10 years of work even if you go a summer without buying anyone.

It's a particular headache if you're playing as Liverpool. I took over and decided a fire sale was in order. Shipped out Kuyt (the fans thought this was a disapointment), Dossena (the fans were sad to see him leave as they thought he had something to offer), Voronin (the fans were sad to see him leave as they thought he had something to offer), Babel (the fans were disapointed), Cavlieri (again, a disapointment to the fans), and ten reserve players (again, the fans felt most of these talentless halfwits had something to offer the club). I then bought Kone to play pfront for £4m, played him all season, and though he did ok, wasn't much more than an average prem striker, so shipped him out to buy Dzeko, getting £8m for him, and the fans thought this was an aberation and banged on about it all season long.

I quite like the option, but surely some realism is in order - if Liverpool shipped out Dossena, Babel, and Voronin this January the fans would queue up to buy them a one way ticket to anywhere, and if Benitez managed to make more than £19.99 for the lot of them fans woudl think he'd done well.....

I've been shipping out crap youngsters and complete deadwood like Quashie for decent money and the fans are upset? What, I would rather see Steve Wonder play for me than some of the players I have got ridden of, absolute joke, it ruins it as well.

I had this,at the end of a quadruple winning season at Arsenal,when I sold Jay Simpson to QPR for 750k + clauses as he had 1 year left on his contract & wouldn,t figure in the first team until they were a League One side!

Im tempted to set the tactics to 2-4-4,go on holiday & let em suffer,serve the moaning gits right ;)

The fans are indeed way too often unhappy about crap players leaving :thdn:

My fans at Newcastle are missing Rudi Skacel who was never more than a back-up and he was sold after I signed Demba Ba to replace the first option Jonas for that position. :(

My fans were chuffed to bits at me getting £30m for World Player of the Year (8.12) Andrey Arshavin to Barcelona yet they were livid with me for selling Alex Song (6.45) to Aston Villa for £14m both after the first season....definitely needs addressing.

My fans apparently think that me getting rid of some 18 year old ex youth team player who wouldn't have got close to playing in the reserves, let alone the first team, is an aberration. :rolleyes:

I suppose his fantastic performances in the Blue Square Premier (av rating - 6.4) since he left must be making them wish he was still at the club as we push for promotion out of the Championship!

Archived