The deplorable state of youth player development on FM2010 renders it unplayable?

I have noticed a lot of people have been pointing out the youth players simply do not develop on FM2010. By 2019, some are saying there are just a handful of decent 'regens' and younger players available.

I am only 3 seasons into the game but I have noticed my potentially great youngsters are just not developing with the best coaching the nurturing.

I suspect it is YET another bug in the game, released in half-finished form by the bunch of hacks that call themselves SI.

Can anyone shed any light on this? It's such a frustrating game with the crashes, sluggish responses, poorly-designed screens and the fact the more substantive aspects of the game are so poorly executed too. I don't want to continue for another 7 seasons if the game will be unplayable anyway.

SI owe everyone who has spent £30 on this game an apology. I have yet to see it.. The game is unfinished and not fit for purpose and - unless they're completely stupid - they must have been aware of some of these issues. SI have treated me like an idiot for the final time. They are not worthy of any more of my hard-earned cash.

Seems a lot of regens have awful mental stats this year.

There also seem to be quite a lot of problems with attributes in relation to the position of the player. Strikers often have awful Off the ball, defensive midfielders often seem to have very high acceleration and pace, and so on.

This is probably the biggest area of improvement for long term games, as it all becomes pretty unrealistic after a few seasons. And I would think the game might become too easy because opponent managers go by Current/Potential Ability more often than they go for specific attributes. I've seen star teams with CBs who have jumping under 10 for example.. leaving them very exposed, to the player in particular- if he knows what to look for.

Has anyone tested how many CA points a youth player goes up on average per annum with the best facilities/coaches?

how does one calculate CA points?

I sign my youngsters based on potential ability according to top scouts and sometimes on the 'touted as the next...' comment, which often suggests they're potentially very good.

My facilities are top notch, my coaches are continental and world class and the yough coaching schedule is sensible. Yet none of my players are developing and it's obvious they are never going to become good much less great.

Unfortunately mate just having good potential doesn't guarantee that they will develop into beasts. Having top training facilities, coaches etc will help but the most important ingredient in a players development is playing time. If the guys not getting any playing time then he will obviously slow down his progression and then ultimately will soon be early-mid 20's and looking very poor ( stats wise ). I have had alot of experience with this problem on my current Arsenal save ( now into my 2015/16 season ) and have had to drasticaly cut my playing staff just so i can give my 'gems' some invaluable playing time. A season in transition may well be upon me but once my players can reach there potential then everything will be worthwhile.

Hopefully this has helped in some way....

Unfortunately mate just having good potential doesn't guarantee that they will develop into beasts. Having top training facilities, coaches etc will help but the most important ingredient in a players development is playing time. If the guys not getting any playing time then he will obviously slow down his progression and then ultimately will soon be early-mid 20's and looking very poor ( stats wise ). I have had alot of experience with this problem on my current Arsenal save ( now into my 2015/16 season ) and have had to drasticaly cut my playing staff just so i can give my 'gems' some invaluable playing time. A season in transition may well be upon me but once my players can reach there potential then everything will be worthwhile.

Hopefully this has helped in some way....

I'm sure you're right but it's not just that!

People are saying hardly any great players develop, that there is another basic flaw in the game, which means training just isn't working much at all. Look at the threads where posters are discussing the state of the game in 2019. All the top clubs are fighting it out to pay 11 mil for a 32 year old centre back because there are no good quality younger defenders anywhere in the world!

Hence, it's not just about 'playing time' - you're swimming against the tide of yet another bug.

I invariably loan my youngsters out from 17-20 and play them as often as poss in my first team so that's not the issue here.

That's quite a sensational title for a thread......

On the subject of an apology;

"I'm not trying to make excuses for any issues in the game, I apologise for any which might interrupt peoples enjoyment of our products - we do our utmost to release things in a stable and playable a manner as possible and are always trying to improve upon our previous performances in this regard" from Marc V a couple of threads down from this one

Perhaps you should look harder for things before claiming that you haven't seen them......

I'm sure you're right but it's not just that!

People are saying hardly any great players develop, that there is another basic flaw in the game, which means training just isn't working much at all. Look at the threads where posters are discussing the state of the game in 2019. All the top clubs are fighting it out to pay 11 mil for a 32 year old centre back because there are no good quality younger defenders anywhere in the world!

Hence, it's not just about 'playing time' - you're swimming against the tide of yet another bug.

I invariably loan my youngsters out from 17-20 and play them as often as poss in my first team so that's not the issue here.

Ok maybe i had missed interpreted what was being said - i appologise if i have gone in the wrong direction.

I am currently in 2015/16 season and i have to admit that im currently not on the look out for any new youngsters as i snapped up a hell of alot so far and am struggling to keep them happy so if its as bad as ppl r saying then i am worried about my next few seasons when i do need to replace players

I have noticed a lot of people have been pointing out the youth players simply do not develop on FM2010. By 2019, some are saying there are just a handful of decent 'regens' and younger players available.

I am only 3 seasons into the game but I have noticed my potentially great youngsters are just not developing with the best coaching the nurturing.

I suspect it is YET another bug in the game, released in half-finished form by the bunch of hacks that call themselves SI.

Can anyone shed any light on this? It's such a frustrating game with the crashes, sluggish responses, poorly-designed screens and the fact the more substantive aspects of the game are so poorly executed too. I don't want to continue for another 7 seasons if the game will be unplayable anyway.

SI owe everyone who has spent £30 on this game an apology. I have yet to see it.. The game is unfinished and not fit for purpose and - unless they're completely stupid - they must have been aware of some of these issues. SI have treated me like an idiot for the final time. They are not worthy of any more of my hard-earned cash.

Uh...

It doesn't seem that bad at all.

Here are the regens in my starting lineup, and the ones that have been inverted are some others that I have recently been looking at as potential signings.

Some Regens

There are some damn decent players in there! Not quite the regens of last year, the quality is a tad lower, but it's not terrible by any stretch of the imagination.

Now, let's return to another time. About this time last year, people were complaining about the Super Regens... Saying how rediculous it was. So they bloody well fixed it!

Then the year before that, people complained about the terrible terrible regens, so they fixed it.

...and guess ****ing what? They'll do the exact same thing next year because they listen to us, whether we're right or wrong! It creates this bloody pendulum effect on all aspects of the game, because most of this board overreacts massively to absolutely everything. In most instances it's because they feel they've been hard done by somehow in the game. In this instance they're concerned because they can't find enough good players.

Look, the playing field is always level, even if all the regens came out as League One quality in the end, the quality doesn't matter, because it affects all teams. Just play the game, I can personally tell you that it's not unplayable at least 6 seasons in, and my Back to Back Premier League and Champions League winning Derby side is half made of regens! In fact, my best striker is a regen, my best midfielder is a regen and of course, my best defender is a regen.

Archived