funny Man Utd finance

i'm at my 4th season, deficit 10m every month(thanks to 5.75m bank repayment every month) and im into my 5th season with balance -22m, suddenly david gill is replaced by bobby charlton and he comes in and give a personal loan to man utd to repay that deficit -22m for 190k per month, and my previous loans have miraculously disappeared?!! i dun have to pay 5.75m per month anymore, jus 190k. can anyone tell me y , sry for being abit confusing, hope u get the picture =D

but is it possible that he injected 22m into the club and took the previous 600m+ debt into his own ?
Yep it's possible he did that,many chairmans sell the club and debts when they've had enough,i may be wrong but wasn't chelsea sold for £1 years back and the new owner took on the debt ?

Where would Bobby Charlton get that kind of money from? I dont think he's all that wealthy irl is he? Sound like a bit of a bug to me albeit a good bug (for a change).

It depends. No, IRL i'd say he isn't that rich (i mean multi multi millionaire) although i doubt he has to worry anything either :D

I just wonder if its a debt re-structure, or administration, or one of them CVA's? If its a chairman loan, then something is wrong with Bobby Charlton's resource attribute.

It depends. No, IRL i'd say he isn't that rich (i mean multi multi millionaire) although i doubt he has to worry anything either :D

I just wonder if its a debt re-structure, or administration, or one of them CVA's? If its a chairman loan, then something is wrong with Bobby Charlton's resource attribute.

if its a debt restructure, it couldn't have made the previous 600MILLION debt disappear for no reason. erm pardon me, whats a CVA?

if its a debt restructure, it couldn't have made the previous 600MILLION debt disappear for no reason. erm pardon me, whats a CVA?

A CVA is a Company Voluntary Agreement - it's a deal written by an in-debt company and all of its creditors to pay off its deals by a set structure within before a deadline. It also contains clauses on what happens if it fails to meet its deadlines, and is usually pretty strict on that end. Half the time if you see a news article about a club facing a winding-up order it's because it defaulted on a payment set out in a CVA. Also clubs can be ordered to close or can face points deductions and administration if they refuse to or are unable to agree on a CVA with their debtors. It's essentially a final chance before putting one foot in the grave.

Even when takeover from within it generates new directors, maybe one of the new directors generated has good resources value and has funded the debt even though he not named as Chairman. Happens all the time majority shareholder and wealthiest person not always Chairman, look at Celtic Derek Desmond (think that correct) is Director not Chairman but probably funds most things there

Even when takeover from within it generates new directors, maybe one of the new directors generated has good resources value and has funded the debt even though he not named as Chairman. Happens all the time majority shareholder and wealthiest person not always Chairman, look at Celtic Derek Desmond (think that correct) is Director not Chairman but probably funds most things there

in my case here, it is just sir bobby being promoted to chairman to replace the retired david gill(too young to retire perhaps?) and the rest of the directors are still the Americans namely Glazers. how ON earth did Sir Bobby make 600Million Debt vanish is still the million dollar question. perhaps admin can help us out here?

Same kind of take over happened in my Arsenal save, Hill-Wood left and the huge debts and monthly loan pay off vanished; I did get a message that the new chairman (Mark McManus an English guy heading a consortium with trade interests in France, because at first he wanted to replace me with own coach Robert Pires) cleared the debts and invested a whopping 200 + million euros in the club.

Maybe the same kind of thing happened with Sir Bobby (as suggested he might have been leading a consortium although he already was on the board, right?) - although the situations isn't completely similar as I got a new board and as far as I know a fictional chairman.

Maybe Charlton consolidated all the clubs loans into one easy payment with ocean finance. They have a TV channel you know.

:D

It is interesting that internal promotions can wipe out the club's debts. I'd be tempted to bug report it to be honest, because there should be at least a news item if the new chairman is clearing the club's debts.

If this was an external investor coming in and buying the club (essentially Manchester United and Liverpool's debts are just the money used to buy the club secured against the club - mortgages if you like) then it would make more sense, and it would be quite impressive to see this understood by the game.

:D

It is interesting that internal promotions can wipe out the club's debts. I'd be tempted to bug report it to be honest, because there should be at least a news item if the new chairman is clearing the club's debts.

If this was an external investor coming in and buying the club (essentially Manchester United and Liverpool's debts are just the money used to buy the club secured against the club - mortgages if you like) then it would make more sense, and it would be quite impressive to see this understood by the game.

yea, i'd think so too, far too many resources attribute for Sir Bobby, it was just changing of chairmans, no investors

in my case here, it is just sir bobby being promoted to chairman to replace the retired david gill(too young to retire perhaps?) and the rest of the directors are still the Americans namely Glazers. how ON earth did Sir Bobby make 600Million Debt vanish is still the million dollar question. perhaps admin can help us out here?

You mean the 600mill' dollar question.

Archived