Why aren't Cup goals included on History page ?

• SI Staff

This data isn't researched for previous seasons and it's only league appearances and goals that are recorded. For consistency only league appearances and goals are shown for future seasons too.

Well, at least me, and from what I remember a whole bunch of other users, have been complaining about the fact that the stats from the cup games, international competitions (i.e. champions league, euro cup and so on) are not included in history page.

I can't remember exactly, but I'm sure that in some older version of FM (or CM) these stats used to be there, but for some reason SI decided a few years ago that it was a bad idea. I actually wonder what the heck were they thinking when they decided this...

I know, it's not a major flaw, but it really sucks seeing a player that played +50 games in a season (cup/league/international competitions) with only ~25 games in the history tab.

Yeah I know that you can click on that season and see detailed competition stats for each competition, but I just wanted to see all those, at a glance, by just looking at the player history.

Maybe someone from SI will look at this thread and think "Hey, what the hell, it's not such a big thing, let's just change this next year".

EDIT: just saw the earlier answer which pretty much sorts out my questions about what was SI thinking when they changed it.

This data isn't researched for previous seasons and it's only league appearances and goals that are recorded. For consistency only league appearances and goals are shown for future seasons too.

yes. i'm playing this game for 15 years now and i must say that i'm quite unhappy with this system. i'm unable to see what kind of season my player had, because it shows only league apperances i think it's not fair for a player that let's say had a blast in my CL run.we should be given an option to acess also his history in cup competitions. i hope you'll try and implement this in future versions:)

Yeah should definitely have the option.

I know it's unreasonable to expect SI to research cup data but the player shouldn't be punished for this.

Another strange thing that SI seem unwilling to fix - another example being the HG status always being visible.

If a poll was created you would soon see what people want.

• SI Staff
Another strange thing that SI seem unwilling to fix - another example being the HG status always being visible

It's not something we don't want to make better but there are more pressing things to be done first

Ter, we agree that some things must be done first. What is not comprensive is the fact that the statics of cups matches were already in previous games. In others words, we are not asking for something new. Besides it will encourage long term games which was said by Miles some time before fm2010 relase, is something FM needs to be worked.

SI should make it optional, choosing in the Preferences screen whether you want to see stats from all matches or just League matches... Else if they change to the old system there will be other people complaining..

Tbh I prefer the current system :p

TBH I think its good the way it is. It gives a more accurate reflection of a players consistency throughout the season, it would un-balance the stats really if cup games were included because imagine you play Wayne Rooney against a minor team and he scores 6, this gives an unaccurate assesment of his goal tally throughout the season.

If that makes sense...

(Aimed at hursty) No, it doesn't IMO, as if you click on the season view, you can view cups, and stuff individually.

I want it because it makes my 1000 appearance challenge a lot easier to screenshot and calculate :D

Plus, it was in earlier versions, and it was great, as you could easily check how much you were using a player, and his performance etc.

(Aimed at hursty) No, it doesn't IMO, as if you click on the season view, you can view cups, and stuff individually.

I want it because it makes my 1000 appearance challenge a lot easier to screenshot and calculate :D

Plus, it was in earlier versions, and it was great, as you could easily check how much you were using a player, and his performance etc.

You always have to find a way don't you :D

I think SI should seriously consider this. If they can't guarantee correctness for Cup goals, then they can put a disclaimer at the bottom for non-newgens stating this.

People would like to tally up several results and perhaps compare how they did over several seasons compared with different teams. Something like this:

Grouped by season

Options:
[x] League	 [x] Cup	 [ ] International [ ] National team
[x] Appearances	 [x] Goals	 [x] Assists	   [ ] Yellow cards	[ ] Red cards	[x] Rating	[ ] Man-of-the-match

Group by:
[o] Season	 [ ] Team	 [ ] Both

League			Cup			Overall
			Ap   G    A    R	Ap   G    A    R	Ap   G    A    R
			===================================================================
2020-2021: Triestina		38   21   12   7.78	8    0    0    5.44	46   21   12   7.37
2019-2020: Triestina (£30m)	30   55   35   9.04	1    0    0    2.33	31   55   35   8.82
2018-2019: Napoli		3    2    1    6.89	6    3    2    7.33	9    5    3    7.18

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total:				71   78   48   8.27	15   3    2    5.99	86   81   50   7.87

Grouped by team (allows you to compare team performances)

Options:
[x] Appearances	 [x] Goals	 [x] Assists	   [ ] Yellow cards	[ ] Red cards	[x] Rating	[ ] Man-of-the-match

Group by:
[ ] Season	 [o] Team	 [ ] Both

League			Cup			Overall
2019-2021: Triestina (£30m)	68   76   47   8.33	9    0    0    5.09	77   76   47   7.95

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No grouping (Big Daddy summary)

Options:

Group by:
[ ] Season	 [ ] Team	 [o] Both

League			Cup			Overall
2019-2021: Triestina (£30m)	68   76   47   8.33	9    0    0    5.09	77   76   47   7.95	(Summary)
2020-2021: Triestina		38   21   12   7.78	8    0    0    5.44	46   21   12   7.37
2019-2020: Triestina (£30m)	30   55   35   9.04	1    0    0    2.33	31   55   35   8.82

2018-2019: Napoli		3    2    1    6.89	6    3    2    7.33	9    5    3    7.18	(Summary)

Cup matches are as important as league matches, especially to keep good morale for players not being first-team regulars. When I’m managing a top club I usually set a turnover among my players, actually I build 2 teams (22 players) like big clubs do IRL.

This means that not all of the players will play 30 league matches per season thus triggering unhappiness because they lack first-team matches. Yet cup matches are official first-team matches and should therefore be recorded in the player history, each cup competition clearly separated with statistics for each competition.

I’m feed up having players considered as first-team regulars playing 15 -17 league matches in a season and complaining because of that despite the fact that they played 35 games when adding the cup matches. It’s so ridiculous to see one of your top players’ history show only 50 or 60 games after 4 seasons at your club. The player history is so empty, that’s a shame when you know you played that player as much as you could considering the fact that modern IRL football requires that top teams have actually 2 starting eleven.

I don’t mind if players keep bothering me with their complaints about the lack of league matches, but it’s so stupid when you have complaints about “not being first-team regular” when the player had 30 matches in the season.

Now I assume, SI uses the recorded games for something important that could be broken if cup games were recorded; like no more unhappiness, or players improving too fast. But having only 100 matches recorded after the player spent 6-7 seasons at your club is insulting. Each time I have the feeling I’ve underachieved even if my players won 10 competitions during that period.

Suggestion: You could develop a bit the lack of first-team football unhappiness by adding more depth to the players’ reactions, like; “Feels worried about not being involved enough in the league”, or “Considers that continental first-team football could help his international career”, or “Would like to be involved in the FA cup to add this trophy to his records”. Alongside, you could have the nation manager telling things like “Player xxxx needs to be more present in continental competition in order to be selected for the national team”.

Players could have competition preferences like:

1. Continental competition = 10 points

2. League competition = 8 points

3. Major national cup = 6 points

4. Minor national cup = 4 points

Archived