Unemployed Challenge 2010 Thread

Im going to do this before anything else, and because its a hefty challenge im gonna have my own thread on it to keep a record, and you can have a nosey! - Ive been running this thread on another site so ive moved it over here also as the challenge exists here too!! Enjoy and ill keep it updated.

Ill start from after I resigned initially.

Job 1

Club: Millwall

League: Coca-Cola League 1

Position when Job taken (NA if at start of season): 16th

2vdo09u.png

Season 1:

Bought Simeon Jackson for £200k, Reuben Noble Lazarus for £75k, Vasco Varao on a Free. Onome Sodje, Alan Sheehan and David De Gea on Loan.

Fa Cup 5th Round. (Lost to Chelsea, 3-0)

Season 2:

Signed a host of free transfers, Fraser Forster, Stuart Taylor, Julio Colombo, Brian Allison, Martin Cranie (Replacement to Danny Senda - Sold for £1Million), Lee Hills, Oliver Lancashire, Kieran Lee, Adam Peterlin, *Georginio Wijnaldum, *Diego Buinanotte, *Aron Gunnarsson, Emilio Viqueira, Leon Best, Mike Grella, *Levan Mchedlidze.

* = I really reccomend taking a look at those guys.

Also sold and released players, Notably Danny Senda for 1Million and N. Abdou for £2.1 Million.

I managed to Win the Championship, FA Cup and League Cup, Down mainly to those guys ive given a * above.

Season 3:

Had a good start to the year with Millwall, But got offered a job that I accepted towards the end of the year! (details Below.)

Job 2

Club: Werder bremen

League: German First Division

Position when Job taken (NA if at start of season): 8th

bgbtdu.png

Pretty happy to get this Job! I finished the end of the season in 4th, with the top 3 already way ahead when I joined towards the end of the season.

Season 4:

Season 4 saw me build a team thats one of the best balanced squads Ive ever had. I was busy with college at the time so didnt get round to making a detailed transfer update, But I purchased Artem Milevskyi who scored 23 in 49 and cost £10 Million, Antonio Cassano who scored 26 in 46 and cost £6Million and Levan Mchedlidze for £13million who scored 13 in 39.

Then, Marcello Lippi retired from Chelsea and I was the top linked Manager and received the offer. If it was not for the challenge I would have rejected it, But I had to accept!

Job 3

Club: Chelsea

League: English Premier Division

Position when Job taken (NA if at start of season): N/A

292p9i9.png

Season 5,6,7:

Inherited a Chelsea team that finished 4th last term, The squad is still good but lacks that balance I had at Werder. Ive brought a few players with me from Werder taking the majority of my budget, with the only exception being Yannick Djalo who acts as cover for me, And Theo Walcott on a free to do the same.

Turns out that the best thing I did was stretch the budget, risking the wrath of the board to bring Artem Milevskyi with me. Over 45 goals in 56 appearances! A good season overall, Winning everything entered. The Premier League was close, but was won comfortably in the end!

I have not updated this for a while, purely because im waiting for a new job to open up! Ive won pretty much everything for 3 seasons at Chelsea and built a good squad but nothings opened up elsewhere just yet! Its not the 2016/2017 Season, I took the Holland jog and ive resigned from Chelsea hoping a manager takes it that means I can progress on with the challenge...

England Section of the Challenge Complete!

Job 4

Club: Real Madrid

League: Liga BBVA

Position when Job taken (NA if at start of season): 1st

24ovy9e.png

Season 8:

I resigned from Chelsea, and Real Madrid Manager Jose Mourinho took the job so ive finally made some progress! I join 25 games into the season, still in the Champions League and top of the league, so hopefully it wont be too long before I can move on, as unlike at Chelsea I want to get in and out quickly!

Needed some cover at left back, so the 37 year old Ashley Cole comes in as a free!

Ill keep this updated with info on where I go, and offers + players I sign ect.

Archived