Football Manager -Rival Competition

We all know what a great game Football Manager10 is. But do you think it is about time that it had some serious competition in the football management genre?

If it had a competitor that actually had a chance of rivaling its sales figures on release date then that could only be a good thing for those that buy the game.

As it stands Championship Manager are trying and failing year on year to release a decent management game. This leaves football Manager in a fairly comfortable position. Imagine if they knew it would be a real fight for which game the public would buy?

Surely this would also would put pressure on them to deliver a better quality final realese build of the game?!

I know its all hypothetical, but it isnt healthy one game having such a large share of the market.

Take Fifa and PES for example....the two of them going head to head each year is good news for the buyer of the game as each company knows it really has to pull out the stops to hit that number one spot.

You thoughts?

• SI Staff
This leaves football Manager in a fairly comfortable position. Imagine if they knew it would be a real fight for which game the public would buy?

I don't think it would have much difference in the way we work if at all. We've got a real desire to make the best management game around and those efforts won't be any different regardless of competition. You should see our feature meetings. ;)

I don\'t think it would have much difference in the way we work if at all. We\'ve got a real desire to make the best management game around and those efforts won\'t be any different regardless of competition. You should see our feature meetings. ;)

Glad to hear it Ter! And I am sure you do put a ton of effort into the production of the game. Im not knocking that at all.

I just think some rivaly can be good for punters sometimes. It just adds to the pressure a little. As it stands you currently only have to beat your last version of FM. I am sure if you had to do that as well as beat your main rival it may get an extra 10% out of the staff.

Who knows?!

Archived