Sluggish UI

I'm at a wit's end here.

I'll go through all the usual preliminaries: played fm/cm since 00-01, love the game etc etc.

I DON'T have (unlike the usual responses) ANY qualms with the game play. But I do feel like giving up the game and reverting to reliable FM 2007.

The reason is that, despite claims to the otherwise, THE GAME FOR ME IS JUST SO UNRESPONSIVE. I don't have any problems with sitting through the game generating results for a while. But when simply clicking and dragging a player into position becomes a chore it pushes me to the limit. Sometimes I need to click on a button (such as 'Go to Match') multiple times just to get it to respond. Clicking and dragging takes several seconds (because of its refusal to actually pick up and hold an icon) so tactics become a nightmare. It just seems that ever since FM09 I the 'smoothness' has gone; Sometimes it does improve but half the time the game runs incredibly sluggishly, to the point of being unplayable.

I tried upgrading RAM (to 2GB) and shut down a lot of background programs (with the exception of maybe Spybot/AVG/Zonealarm which I figured are necessary seeing as I'm on the net whilst playing).

Does anyone have similar experiences? I almost play whilst browsing the net, so I do have the above running. Would this have SUCH a detrimental effect? Also I dont run many leagues at all (usually about 8 divisions in total). I also play Fm07 in a similar way and its light years faster than Fm10.

I must admit the game does feel a bit sluggish at times,when i go onto a players screen then hit the back button it can take 5 seconds plus to go back.I have a comp more then capable of playing FM10 maxed out but for some reason i only get a better performance when i lower the graphics down to medium.

Archived