how the monkey do you get manager of the month

Ok im sick of trying now. How on earth do you get manager of the month.

Ok legaue table below (top 5 anyway)

GP - Games played

GF - Goals For

GA - Goals Against

GD - Goal Differance

Pos      Team            GP     GF      GA      GD    Points
1         Hearts          9     21       9    +12       22
2         Dundee Utd      8     21       4    +17       21
[b]3         Rangers         6     17       2    +15       18[/b]
4         Hibs            9     15       11   +4        18
5         Celtic          8     13       3    +10       17 

So im third with a 100% record in third place at the end of September with 3 games in hand to the league leaders and 2 in hand to 2nd.

So whats my results in the league for September

Rangers 4 - 0 Hamilton

Ross County 0 - 1 Rangers

Rangers 2 - 1 Ayr

Rangers 4 - 1 Airdire.

So what did i come second to (Craig Levein)

Dundee Utd 3 - 1 Motherwell

Dundee Utd 3 - 1 Killie

Dundee Utd 3 - 0 Hamilton

Dundee Utd 3 - 0 Ross County

So we both won for games. Dundee scored 12 goals conseading two. I scored 11 goals conseading two.

Is this seriously why i didnt get manager of the month, because of ONE goal differance within the month. I had no chance of winning it in August because i only played two games to everyone elses 5. So can someone tell me does it take a minor miricle to get manager of the month?

i can understand that statement saying Dundee United are likley to have a weaker side (although i argue this irl since they are they only team both old firm sides struggle to beat) and have had some consistancy.

Although in Sepotember they played their 4 league games + one scottish cup game.

Me on the other hand had my 4 league games + one league cup game and two CL games including Chelsea away so i rested players for that game, the Scottish cup game got delayed simply because there wasnt enough days in the month and internationals.

As a result i think that i had the harder games because i had a harder domestic cup game, and two CL games while only having the same size of squad as united.

I got promoted with newcastle. In my first 15 games in the bpl i was second after winning 10 and drawing 5 with some incredible results. I didnt even get close to manager of the month.

Incredible in my opinion.

and i was the only unbeaten team in the bpl.

i can understand that statement saying Dundee United are likley to have a weaker side (although i argue this irl since they are they only team both old firm sides struggle to beat) and have had some consistancy.

Although in Sepotember they played their 4 league games + one scottish cup game.

Me on the other hand had my 4 league games + one league cup game and two CL games including Chelsea away so i rested players for that game, the Scottish cup game got delayed simply because there wasnt enough days in the month and internationals.

As a result i think that i had the harder games because i had a harder domestic cup game, and two CL games while only having the same size of squad as united.

Isn't it the manager of the month in league games tho?

• Administrators

Yeah like in real life, the awards take into account the teams standing and reputation. If a team like say Wolves went a month unbeaten (not even winning all the games) against Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and say Man City, I'd say that's more of an achievement than a big side winning every game against lesser opposition.

As Rangers you're expected to win every game (except maybe the derby games) so you'll have to have a perfect month and hope other teams slip up.

Yeah like in real life, the awards take into account the teams standing and reputation. If a team like say Wolves went a month unbeaten (not even winning all the games) against Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and say Man City, I'd say that's more of an achievement than a big side winning every game against lesser opposition.

As Rangers you're expected to win every game (except maybe the derby games) so you'll have to have a perfect month and hope other teams slip up.

I guess you missed my post then ;)

• Administrators
I guess you missed my post then ;)

To be honest I've been playing as Newcastle in my home game - have you found you've been favourite for a number of games you've played? I think after they gain promotion they may be getting a bit too high of a reputation boost. I'll look into this, cheers.

I have won the award 2 times in a row. I'm playing with a relegation candidate so I guess reputation could have been a big reason although I've been doing really well, unbeaten in the last 9 games, won 6 or 7 of them. Still only 11th on the table. :)

To be honest I've been playing as Newcastle in my home game - have you found you've been favourite for a number of games you've played? I think after they gain promotion they may be getting a bit too high of a reputation boost. I'll look into this, cheers.

Have to agree with you there. Im favourites for a alot of games, and i really shouldn't be.

Archived