FM06 Online - Help us create a FAQ

bell

In order for us to provide a FAQ for FM06 im looking to find out any differences butween how the game runs online in this version and compared to FM05.

Please let us know of any problems, and how you solved them. Any on going porblems also. Any technical infu you can provide will be helpful.

Bugs should be reported in the FM Bugs Forum.

WE WILL NOT GIVE HELP IN THIS THREAD. PLEASE USE THE HELP THREAD!

In order for us to provide a FAQ for FM06 im looking to find out any differences butween how the game runs online in this version and compared to FM05.

Please let us know of any problems, and how you solved them. Any on going porblems also. Any technical infu you can provide will be helpful.

WE WILL NOT GIVE HELP IN THIS THREAD. PLEASE USE THE HELP THREAD!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Bell,

When setting up a game with my friend (who is not PC literate) we experienced problems caused by his firewall! Easy for us who know how to add a rule, exception or to disable the firewall but trying to explain this down the phone was rather annoying! A nice FAQ to explain that a firewall can cause the "time out" error would probably help a few people.

I ended up driving to his house to add my IP to his firewall! disabling his firewall was a bad idea! icon_biggrin.gif

will

Further to the above;

Running XP SP2; the windows firewall which is on by default will block the port used for network games in FM2006!

Since the vast majority of PC users are now on XP and probably SP2; this would also be a good edition to the FAQ database! (remember the vast majority of these users will be unaware that their PC is protected by the default firewall)!

will

• 2 weeks later...

Bell,

On the issue of Network play, it might also be a good idea to include some info on what ports(UDP/TCP) the games communicates, since some people might be stationed behind routers and hence need that info to setup their router forwarding rules. You see, most routers also act as firewalls, so even if you disable or put an exception on your Norton or Windows firewall, you will still have to do something with you network/router firewall.

Cheers,

Ayvas

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ayvas:

Bell,

On the issue of Network play, it might also be a good idea to include some info on what ports(UDP/TCP) the games communicates, since some people might be stationed behind routers and hence need that info to setup their router forwarding rules. You see, most routers also act as firewalls, so even if you disable or put an exception on your Norton or Windows firewall, you will still have to do something with you network/router firewall.

Cheers,

Ayvas </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which port will I open?

//Johannesson

Hi everybody! I got a question and I need a you tell me fast! Which port will I open to FM 2006 so I can play on Internet with my friends??? I know the port to FM 2005 but not to 2006! Please tell me!

Make sure you have the following ports open on the SERVER system

TCP 10093

TCP 10094

UDP 10093

UDP 10094

If you are running behind a router, make sure you have forwarded these ports to your internal IP that is running the FM06 game. This will allow the person/s to connect.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bell:

WE WILL NOT GIVE HELP IN THIS THREAD. PLEASE USE THE HELP THREAD! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bell:

WE WILL NOT GIVE HELP IN THIS THREAD. PLEASE USE THE HELP THREAD! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No offence but theres a lot of ppl waiting for help in the "help" section,so this part of ur thread contradicts itself"WE WILL NOT GIVE HELP IN THIS THREAD. PLEASE USE THE HELP THREAD!"so in my opinion the "help" thread doesn't really work unless some kind sole offers icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by taylorsmen:

WE WILL NOT GIVE HELP IN THIS THREAD. PLEASE USE THE HELP THREAD! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No offence but theres a lot of ppl waiting for help in the "help" section,so this part of ur thread contradicts itself"WE WILL NOT GIVE HELP IN THIS THREAD. PLEASE USE THE HELP THREAD!"so in my opinion the "help" thread doesn't really work unless some kind sole offers icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite clearly it also says that in order for us to provide an FAQ that we are looking for information/experience that gamers have had with FM06 that was different to FM05.

So if you had also read through the forum, you would have also found that we have a Help thread in which users help one another until the FAQ is created (and also of course afterwards as some people will still have difficulties with their game).

So no offence, but this thread isnt the help thread, its actually trying to source information to go into an FAQ.

Hi, after installing patch 6.0.2 we have ran into network game problems, though we are not sure this is the real issue. We have been playing way into december, i'm hosting, ports have been openend and evrything should be ok as he can easily join the game. The problem is that he keeps getting disconected. The game just falls down. His computer is far by great enough to play any game available on earth, so there should be no hardware issues. He has xp firewall on but allows fm.exe. He also has a norton firewall, but this can not be the issue as he connects fine. I think the game is actually crashing due to 6.0.2.

Please any suggestions to fix this problem. We can not continue playing the game when he gets disconnected every 5 minutes

For FAQ

how to find your IP address, either online or with ipconfig

How to either disable or add execptions to XP firewall

how to add exceptions to the main security software, ie norton or mcafee

how to enable the run as server option

how to properly join and leave a network game

and if people where happy to make them up, how to port forward for routers, market leader models only.

Patches, game updates, changes, for online gaming everyone needs to run the same version.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by walkinshaw:

TCP 10093

TCP 10094

UDP 10093

UDP 10094

If you are running behind a router, make sure you have forwarded these ports to your internal IP that is running the FM06 game. This will allow the person/s to connect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you open ports? What are they?

i have been on the above link i have set up a static ip address. then it tells me to enter the ip after http:// on a web page. After i do this "web page cannot be displayed" appears, any ideas would be great...

• 1 month later...

I'm having major problems trying to sort out a game with 2 other friends.

We've tried entering the port ranges in our firewalls & even closing our firewalls down. But it still says they can't connect to my Server IP Address when they enter it in the 'Join Other Server' option.

Can anyone help?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LUKEYP:

I'm having major problems trying to sort out a game with 2 other friends.

We've tried entering the port ranges in our firewalls & even closing our firewalls down. But it still says they can't connect to my Server IP Address when they enter it in the 'Join Other Server' option.

Can anyone help? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you had read the first post in this topic you would have read that no help will be given in this thread. Use the help thread if your wanting an answer.

icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

hi !

we started an online game with a programme called "hamachi".we played the game and i(host) saved the game and we both quit.

how will we continue our saved game?

i load the game

my friend connects when he connects he is identified as a new user and totally there are 3 managers but 2 people

but he cant continue his previous career

i can control my and his career

he cant click the "not connected" next to his old career i can click his and mine.

he adds a new manager to continue game but cant continue his previous career

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aliveli:

hi !

we started an online game with a programme called "hamachi".we played the game and i(host) saved the game and we both quit.

how will we continue our saved game?

i load the game

my friend connects when he connects he is identified as a new user and totally there are 3 managers but 2 people

but he cant continue his previous career

i can control my and his career

he cant click the "not connected" next to his old career i can click his and mine.

he adds a new manager to continue game but cant continue his previous career </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Unfortunately this is not a help thread, as the post above you says - but I also need to know the answer to this. icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by walkinshaw:

TCP 10093

TCP 10094

UDP 10093

UDP 10094

If you are running behind a router, make sure you have forwarded these ports to your internal IP that is running the FM06 game. This will allow the person/s to connect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my experience, it is only 10093 UDP and 10094 TCP that must be forwarded.

Failing that, simply enable DMZ temporarily for the computer you are using.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OneGaryRowell:

TCP 10093

TCP 10094

UDP 10093

UDP 10094

In my experience, it is only 10093 UDP and 10094 TCP that must be forwarded.

Failing that, simply enable DMZ temporarily for the computer you are using. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont put your pc in the DMZ. That negates the whole reason for having a firewall and a router in the first place. I wish people would stop offering that as advice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by chadley78

I've just gone thru the whole process of setting up a network game for the first time so I thought i'd post the steps in as simple a language I can.

1. On you computer go to the control panel and then choose network options. Right click on your network connection, go to the advanced tab and untick the firewall box. If you have any other firewalls active, turn them off for the time being.

2. Go to http://www.whatsmyip.org/, choose the Port Scanner option and check the port numbers 10093 and 10094 (make sure FM06 is closed). If in the unlikely chance that both of these are open skip to step 5. If they aren't open go to step 3.

3. To open up these ports, your modem/router needs to be configured. Go to http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

Follow the instructions carefully, i.e. make a static IP address, then choose your router from the list, then FM2006 from the list.

4. Once you've followed the steps to open up the ports on your router, re-test by following step 2 again. Hopefully they'll both be open now. If not repeat steps 1 and 3. If they're still not open god help ye!

5. In FM06, before you start a new game, go to Preferences and tick the run as server box. Now go to the Network option and start a new game. Add yourself as a manager. Now go to the options menu within the game, and choose game statusfrom this menu. In the top part of the screen you'll have the IP address. If you've got 2, seperated by a /, then note down the second rather than the first part.

6. Get your mates to open their FM06 and go to the Network button, in the bottom left they should click on Join other server, and type in the Ip address you noted down in step 5, and then press ok.

7. They should be now able to join the game you have created. Enjoy.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

My Ports wont open. Ive opened both the 10093 and 10094 but its not saying there open. ive gone into my router and opened them but hasnt worked. Im on a Service Pack 1 windows XP and im unsure where my windows firewall is incase thats the problem.

Much help needed ASAP!

Thanks

Wrong thread again. icon14.gif

This is the FAO and states in the very first post that no help will be given in this thread. I mean even look at the post above your initial post and go through that to get your ports working and everything else.

Archived