Cant motivate themselves to play for me...

Hi,

Is this a bug. Im in my 4th season with spurs.. i got CL in my 2nd season, won the premiership and got to CL semi-final and FA Cup final in my 3rd season..

Yet pre-match it tells me that:

1. My players have personal issues with me.. which upon clicking personal on all my squad - none have issues with me.

2. My squad cant motivate themselves for a manager of my stature. I did start as a semi-pro footballer, but on past games that can be erradicated by half a season of good results.

I don't know what else to do, is this a bug?

Thanks,

Jon.

I had this problem and posted on it a week or so ago - as someone explained to me it simply means the player(s) in question don't like you. You know how they have favoured personnel? Well they can dislike people too, but they don't have that in their personal tab until it hits a certain threshold apparently - I don't use FMRTE but you can see it if you look at the player with that tool I understand. Can't fathom why it manifests itself like that in the game - especially the manager standing bit (I'd won CL etc season before) but it does seem to be the case. I gave one of my affected players more playing time, a bit more praise when he did well, less angry when he didn't ad it went away and now I'm one of his favourites! I'm not sure if a high professionalism stat wouldn't prevent this but sometimes that can be hard to assess before signing! Think generic 'one size fits all' team talks contribute to this problem - you have to be kinder to new signings etc till they adapt!

Don't credit the game so much. The programming is very simplistic, as has been discussed on other threads.

I think the idea is that your reputation will eventually override your lack of footballing experience. Are you 'continental' yet?

I'm still national but I hope this problem will be resolved by the time i become continental.

I quite agree it's ridiculous that it takes so long (if it happens at all) to gain a basic amount of credibility.

I have taken newcastle from the first division to the prem and built up a top 4 quality team in 3 seasons, which should give me some cred. I've also sold or released all but 2 or 3 players who were there before and brought in my own players, as well as getting rid of trouble-makers. Yet I cannot overcome the 'issues motivating themselves to play for you' thing. I too note that one of my players (who cost 11 mil) has personal issues with me yet this doesn't show up on any screen except the assistant advice screen.

These are probably more bugs. Some of the bugs are more obvious (crashes, bans remaining forever)

while others are less obvious (youth players not developing, this issue you highlight above)

However, they're all bugs. SI should be ashamed releasing a potentially very good game in this state. Where is their self-respect?

All they had to do was hire 4 or 5 people to quickly play 20 seasons on the game (which could be done at a push in 2-3 months) and all of these issues would have become obvious!

I am continental... and this seems to still be a problem ! It would be nice if we could get an official response on the matter so we can see if it is a bug or something we are doing wrong? I'm fairly hardline with my approach but i don't go overbioard and start dishing out fines and issue warnings - which in prior games is what used to make you unliked by your players.

I am continental... and this seems to still be a problem ! It would be nice if we could get an official response on the matter so we can see if it is a bug or something we are doing wrong? I'm fairly hardline with my approach but i don't go overbioard and start dishing out fines and issue warnings - which in prior games is what used to make you unliked by your players.

I am harsher with older players and gentler with younger ones

I usually warn or fine a red card

I warn or fine one or two performances a season, but only older players.

So it's not that. It's frustrating that one cannot call a meeting to rectify the 'personal issues' or indeed fight out what those issues are!

The fact you are continental and the problem persists means either it's ANOTHER bug or there's another factor causing it. But if they don't tell you why, how can you correct it?

I had issues with reputation as Huddersfield Town manager. I started myself with Sunday League Reputation as I always have done in previous versions. In the first season I had a bit of an issue at the start, as per usual, but a few results going my way hid things a little bit. Ultimately I won the league and was promoted to the Championship. Second season gets underway, I'm still an 'unknown manager' and still seing the usual problems with players not motivated to play for a manager of my stature. I'm also noticing an inability to sign players on loan, the target club accepts my offers, the players always refuse, presumably due to my rep. Anyway, I soldier on, still using pretty much the same squad I had in League One as I can't get any higher rep players, and finish the season in a respectable 8th place, not bad considering we'd been predicted to finish 23rd. We were awarded the 'Overachievers' tag in the Season summary and I won a few manager of the month awards on top of the manager of the year from the previous season. Third season gets underway and I'm still an unknown manager who the players can't motivate themselves for.

This story explains where my perceptions of manager reputation come from. It seems there needs to be a distinguishing line between local and national reputation. If you've had a lot of success relative to your club, the players in that club should develop more respect and willingness to play for you, who cares about reputation when you've demonstrated that you can do the job well. It's fair enough that you struggle to sign a player, but once you get him in the club and perform well, they shouldn't be back to complaining about your stature again at the beginning of the season. Aside from anything else, the press builds up young managers in the lower leagues more than ever before, usually in some daft story about how they don't get the chance because of 'all the foreigners'.

Anyway, I'm in my third season at Huddersfield now, and the players are all kicking off again, they've underperformed at the start of the season and now are complaining about not being motivated to play for me. What's irritating is that we've had a bit of an upturn, the league is very congested so that although we're 15th in the table, we're only actually 3 points behind 8th place. So they're not actually looking at the table as a whole, just the position we're in and assuming we're underachieving. To me it seems much harder to get your reputation up than ever before, so I'd like to see a more sophisticated reputation system that can be improved without having to win top domestic leagues all the time.

I completely agree with you. I've mentioned that i won the league and got CL semi final. Winning the Manager of the year award also seemed to do little to increase my stature within the club. Everything else seems to be in-line in terms of the board, fans and media reaction to the success im having - the players are having none of it.

What is more frustrating is that i don't know what effect this is having on my team, i take it a negative one.

Also, I've just had to sell Miguel Veloso to Lazio who are supposedly a bigger team, because of his persistant unhappiness? They are not in any European competition nor above me in the coeffecient. In my first year (last season) in the CL with Spurs i got them to the CL semi-final, yet somehow i've dropped 2 places in the European rankings... i'm not to sure how that works? lol.

I had issues with reputation as Huddersfield Town manager. I started myself with Sunday League Reputation as I always have done in previous versions. In the first season I had a bit of an issue at the start, as per usual, but a few results going my way hid things a little bit. Ultimately I won the league and was promoted to the Championship. Second season gets underway, I'm still an 'unknown manager' and still seing the usual problems with players not motivated to play for a manager of my stature. I'm also noticing an inability to sign players on loan, the target club accepts my offers, the players always refuse, presumably due to my rep. Anyway, I soldier on, still using pretty much the same squad I had in League One as I can't get any higher rep players, and finish the season in a respectable 8th place, not bad considering we'd been predicted to finish 23rd. We were awarded the 'Overachievers' tag in the Season summary and I won a few manager of the month awards on top of the manager of the year from the previous season. Third season gets underway and I'm still an unknown manager who the players can't motivate themselves for.

This story explains where my perceptions of manager reputation come from. It seems there needs to be a distinguishing line between local and national reputation. If you've had a lot of success relative to your club, the players in that club should develop more respect and willingness to play for you, who cares about reputation when you've demonstrated that you can do the job well. It's fair enough that you struggle to sign a player, but once you get him in the club and perform well, they shouldn't be back to complaining about your stature again at the beginning of the season. Aside from anything else, the press builds up young managers in the lower leagues more than ever before, usually in some daft story about how they don't get the chance because of 'all the foreigners'.

Anyway, I'm in my third season at Huddersfield now, and the players are all kicking off again, they've underperformed at the start of the season and now are complaining about not being motivated to play for me. What's irritating is that we've had a bit of an upturn, the league is very congested so that although we're 15th in the table, we're only actually 3 points behind 8th place. So they're not actually looking at the table as a whole, just the position we're in and assuming we're underachieving. To me it seems much harder to get your reputation up than ever before, so I'd like to see a more sophisticated reputation system that can be improved without having to win top domestic leagues all the time.

This problem was also in 09 I was 12th in the league 1 point behind the play off places and 5 points off the top and the board described my league form as appalling

Hi

SI are not very forthcoming. They should have known about these many bugs. I am one person who has played 5 seasons of the game and I can list 10 or 11 major issues that I have noted myself. How on Earth can SI not see these during testing?

It's frankly ridiculous.

Having won silverware and got into the champions' league with a club who were in the coca cola championship prior to me, my 'issues' re: motivation should have been sorted out. But no, they haven't.

It's crass and it's frustrating because there's nothing I can do about it.

I love the way the SI people always responde with the stock, "post it and we'll see what's going on for ya" line!

Don't those guys do any anaylsis of the game whatsoever? This stuff is blindingly obvious to anyone who plays more than a couple of seasons!

Archived