Darren ''superman'' Gibson ! and my use of FMRTE

ok i know this is a bug but it a very enjoyable one !!! started a new game managing chelsea and Ireland !! in my 1st game for ireland i was playing australia ! i had a load of pullouts so i played a very weak team.. was 1-1 and gave GIBSON a go wit 10 min to go....wit his first touch, the ball vanished and appeared in the the back of the net !!! he was 30 yards out and seeing that the ball vanished, he most of hit the ball at 7000mph !!!

A few months later i was 2-1 down to italy in the last mins of the game when steven reid got injured ! so i had to bring on GIBSON....what he go and do !!!! 30 yards out, BOOOM !!! another 7000mph goal !!! loving it !!!

curious, i played him from the start against montenegro ....within mins he scored the greatest goal i have ever seen in any football manager game ! montenegro had a corner, GIBSON got the ball and from what i think was 90-100 yards, lobbed the montenegro keeper !!!! later in the 2nd half he headed his second goal and in the dying moments of the game got his hat-trick, another 40 yard speed of light goal !!

after this game i checked his stats for man u and the guy hardly plays !! its mid november and he as played only 5 times !!!! i think it might only works in actual games so i might buy him for chelsea !!!!

anyone else have this weird bug on other players ???

ah! if it was on my mac i could but its saved on my crapy painfully slow 10 year old pc!! looking at his stats their very ....normal !! mostly 12-14's. his best stat is natural fitness at 18. but he's level-headed, good with both feet, and shoots long and with power !! so maybe its not a bug ??? his stats for man u is played 9 scored 0 in all comps....for ireland played 4 scored 7 !!!!!!!! he might just like playing for ireland more then man u !

ah! if it was on my mac i could but its saved on my crapy painfully slow 10 year old pc!! looking at his stats their very ....normal !! mostly 12-14's. his best stat is natural fitness at 18. but he's level-headed, good with both feet, and shoots long and with power !! so maybe its not a bug ??? his stats for man u is played 9 scored 0 in all comps....for ireland played 4 scored 7 !!!!!!!! he might just like playing for ireland more then man u !

Perhaps you can get the best out of him, unlike his club? :)

ok i know this is a bug but it a very enjoyable one !!! started a new game managing chelsea and Ireland !! in my 1st game for ireland i was playing australia ! i had a load of pullouts so i played a very weak team.. was 1-1 and gave GIBSON a go wit 10 min to go....wit his first touch, the ball vanished and appeared in the the back of the net !!! he was 30 yards out and seeing that the ball vanished, he most of hit the ball at 7000mph !!!

A few months later i was 2-1 down to italy in the last mins of the game when steven reid got injured ! so i had to bring on GIBSON....what he go and do !!!! 30 yards out, BOOOM !!! another 7000mph goal !!! loving it !!!

curious, i played him from the start against montenegro ....within mins he scored the greatest goal i have ever seen in any football manager game ! montenegro had a corner, GIBSON got the ball and from what i think was 90-100 yards, lobbed the montenegro keeper !!!! later in the 2nd half he headed his second goal and in the dying moments of the game got his hat-trick, another 40 yard speed of light goal !!

It's your Tactics :D

I've not seen anyone provide a PKM before when asked. I'd love to see it happen, though.

See? And for what it's worth, it doesn't matter where it is. If the computer can run FM10 then it can very easily save the PKM, which is a very small file. Excuse denied. lol

See? And for what it's worth, it doesn't matter where it is. If the computer can run FM10 then it can very easily save the PKM, which is a very small file. Excuse denied. lol

Agreed. The explanation above about FMRTE sounds the more likely cause.

• 2 weeks later...
what i mean is, if you open FMRTE and example go to Arshavin's profile and go to positions, change his attacking midfield and attacker to 29..well at least that's what I did, and when I when back into the game, he could score 70 yarders, 40 yarders and so on..

sorry case closed !!! it was the bloody FMRTE ........pat on the back to all those who said it was !!!! the funny thing is i cant remember editing gibson !!!!!! i put it back to normal and he hasnt started for the 1st team in months !!!! poor guy !!!!

Do you have a pkm of the match? If so can you upload it to our FTP so we can take a look (partly because it sounds like a bug, partly because it just sounds amazing! :D)

Let us know, thanks.

sorry case closed !!! it was the bloody FMRTE ........pat on the back to all those who said it was !!!! the funny thing is i cant remember editing gibson !!!!!! i put it back to normal and he hasnt started for the 1st team in months !!!! poor guy !!!!

I put a striker to 29, and while he is still scoring shedloads, I haven't seen him score a scramer from inside his own half, or one of those just outside the area where it flies into the net faster than the speed of light, since installing the new patch.

Maybe SI have done something to combat this in the new patch?

How on earth could you make this edit and then forget? :confused:

I don't understand. You're the second person to do this and then not seem to realise that they have done it.

Is FMTRE corrupting the save somehow and changing things without people realising? :confused:

C.

Archived