Tranfer Negotiations

Just wondering why these are so terrible. Still.

If you set a price a bit too high in response to an enquiry, they bolt immediately with no explaination at all.

There is no sense of haggling over a fee. No explaination to say "... are insulted at the price you set" ... "... think your valuation for this player is far too extreme. They are giving you one last chance to rethink your valuation of this player".

The closest you can get it getting negotiated up to a fee, then taking 15% off it and setting non negotiable in response... Im also finding computer clubs VERY rarely approach me for my players unless I explicitly list and offer them out.

FM2010 is generally a fair enough release, if unspectacular. I don't understand how this area of the game has stayed so distinctly dreadful for so long, if anything needed polish it was this ....

I must say this does need some work, this is the first management game i've played since CM04 and everything else i can remember is massively improved and a completely better playing experience. The transfer system however is almost identical, that's 6 years, a new publisher and no improvement, not great. Really could do with a bit of work. On a side note, i remember a very old management game (can't remember which one) where you could actually offer cars and houses to players contract, I would love to see this come back just cos i think it's brilliant. In fact i think this calls for a thread promoting that.

I find it annoying that when I have players listed for transfer and then tteams are interested in them, but they will rarely make an offer for the player unless I offer him first.

Seems like if I have a player transfer listed and another team is interested, they would make an offer or at least an inquiry.

I must say this does need some work, this is the first management game i've played since CM04 and everything else i can remember is massively improved and a completely better playing experience. The transfer system however is almost identical, that's 6 years, a new publisher and no improvement, not great. Really could do with a bit of work. On a side note, i remember a very old management game (can't remember which one) where you could actually offer cars and houses to players contract, I would love to see this come back just cos i think it's brilliant. In fact i think this calls for a thread promoting that.

that game was kick off 97 i think on the PS1 there was a manger mode and football mode nice features for its time:D

well, the thing here i would like to see for improvement is : AI can make counter when they are going to buy, like they can do when we ask for a player then AI give the price. when AI ask for your player, it's like a deal on or off. if your asking price is acceptable, AI agree, otherwise, no more negotiation. It will be more fun if AI come back with an improved offer, less than your asking price, then we can reconsider.

The other aspect is the CPU has zero intelligence regarding a likely fee. I buy a young wonderkid for £15m, he plays a blinder of a debut season, next thing I know there are press articles "...may be available for £7.25m". Makes no sense and is just generally shoddy.

It just seems weak to make a whole version around 'polish' and leave so many issues standing.

Archived