Atlantic League

anyone know how and basically describe how i could create the much talked about atlantic league involving the top teams from Scotland Holland Denmark Belgum Portugal sweden and norway

can i do this would i have to just decide it as being based in one of these countries?

can i create a cup competition for it coud i create a promotion and relegation back and forth from their home nations eg

rangers get relegated so hibs come up to atlantic league but if ajax got relkegated could herenveen come up and take their place?

want to know as much as possible cheers!

First off, you're better off in the Editing forum. This forum is for general chatter.

Secondly, I don't think you could make it. FM allows cross-country cups, but not leagues. You could create a very complicated cup structure to simulate the league, but it would utterly fail to incorporate relegation/promotion and I think the editor would complain about having no league for the teams to play in. Also, I'm not sure that the editor has the capacity for making a cup which doesn't have a knockout section at the end, which would be a fairly major flaw.

First off, you're better off in the Editing forum. This forum is for general chatter.

Secondly, I don't think you could make it. FM allows cross-country cups, but not leagues. You could create a very complicated cup structure to simulate the league, but it would utterly fail to incorporate relegation/promotion and I think the editor would complain about having no league for the teams to play in. Also, I'm not sure that the editor has the capacity for making a cup which doesn't have a knockout section at the end, which would be a fairly major flaw.

***FM allows cross-country cups**** - How do you do this?

I'm no expert, I haven't done this myself, but I believe I read that you make a single-country cup and then use the team options to start adding clubs from other countries. I really can't elaborate as I don't know any more. You'd probably get a much better response if you went to the editing forum.

full atlantic league is the plan.

I like a challenge and the GB league just doesnt want to work so once if completed my regional database ill start on this one.

Although to note it will be in the editors forum. Also leagues will probably not be that of what youd expect, if rangers went down any team from any nation within will be able to replace not just scottish teams. This is simply because it would be impossible to implement.

Oh, I should probably have said. It's possible to make if you sacrifice another country and pretend that the Atlantic League is one country. This means changing the nationality of every team involved to "Atlantic League" and making a regional rather than national set of leagues beneath it, but this means wiping a country to make room, and it generally messes up other aspects of the game (not sure the Champions League would work in this instance, for example) so I generally shy away from edits which do this.

But you're much better left in the capable hands of Wardog so I'll let him go on from here.

I tried this when making my GB league Falastur. Its a very timley process although possible. There seems to be problems changing stuff with England which made me give up for now on that database however.

However my most recent one is almost complete and is going through all the BETA's and an update of my last one will be avalible by the end of the week at the latest.

I have a feeling an Atlantic league one will cause me a massive headace but one i look forward to, although i wont be merging into one nation to find that after 24 hours of player nationality and city name changes it wont work like my GB one.

Archived