A Very special occasion....

Something that I'm 100% certain has never been achieved on these forums, or in FM before. I know, this is GD, but this is just such a massive thing, that I thought those that don't visit CSE Forum or the Career Updates Forum might want to know what has just happened. Yes, this is FM08. Yes this is real. Yes I have proof.

The Legend.

The Goal.

TheGoal.jpg

The Game.

TheGame.jpg

3,000 goals complete. (.pkm linked there)

On top of everything, he even got recalled to the national side this year, although didn't make it even to the bench for any of the 4 games. You never know though, those 2 extra caps to make him N Irelands all time cap holder, might come.

Thank you, and goodnight. :D

Yeah an ultimate achievement Nepenthez! Very well done! Its funny I was on the Career Update Forum last night and had a look at both of your excellent saves! :)

Whats next???? :D

Next, is getting Youth Player 1 to 1,000 career assists, which again, will be an FM wide record. Also, Smylie is the single handedly most capped player ever on any FM game, with over 1,300 appearances. :thup:

Well done sir. But who is Andrew Smylie?

A regen in my save. As you can see, the year is 2052 :D

Wow, very nice job. I still have my 25-0 though ;) But seriously, monumental congrats, that's a massive accomplishment. Maybe you should add a new manager as NI national boss and forcibly give him the caps? :D

I thought about that, but I really don't want to tarnish the game in any way. I'd rather he got them on his own, or not at all.

A screenie of his attributes??

Coming up....

Andrew Smylie - The Story so far :

2032 | Games, 45 | Goals, 85 | Assists, 13 | MoM, 20 | GPG 1.88

2033 | Games, 57 | Goals, 112 | Assists, 25 | MoM, 31 | GPG 1.96

2034 | Games, 61 | Goals, 156 | Assists, 31 | MoM, 38 | GPG 2.56

2035 | Games, 67 | Goals, 204 | Assists, 27 | MoM, 47 | GPG 3.04

2036 | Games, 53 | Goals, 190 | Assists, 26 | MoM, 37 | GPG 3.58

2037 | Games, 48 | Goals, 156 | Assists, 24 | MoM, 38 | GPG 3.25

2038 | Games, 62 | Goals, 228 | Assists, 34 | MoM, 50 | GPG 3.68

2039 | Games, 52 | Goals, 170 | Assists, 29 | MoM, 40 | GPG 3.27

2040 | Games, 61 | Goals, 181 | Assists, 38 | MoM, 47 | GPG 2.97

2041 | Games, 48 | Goals, 142 | Assists, 24 | MoM, 30 | GPG 2.96

2042 | Games, 58 | Goals, 158 | Assists, 25 | MoM, 41 | GPG 2.72

2043 | Games, 55 | Goals, 177 | Assists, 34 | MoM, 37 | GPG 3.21

2044 | Games, 60 | Goals, 185 | Assists, 35 | MoM, 41 | GPG 3.08

2045 | Games, 54 | Goals, 143 | Assists, 23 | MoM, 35 | GPG 2.65

2046 | Games, 59 | Goals, 159 | Assists, 30 | MoM, 36 | GPG 2.69

2047 | Games, 57 | Goals, 140 | Assists, 40 | MoM, 32 | GPG 2.45

2048 | Games, 58 | Goals, 122 | Assists, 32 | MoM, 34 | GPG 2.10

2049 | Games, 47 | Goals, 88 | Assists, 29 | MoM, 22 | GPG 1.87

2050 | Games, 55 | Goals, 77 | Assists, 24 | MoM, 19 | GPG 1.40

2051 | Games, 66 | Goals, 51 | Assists, 21 | MoM, 8 | GPG 0.77

2052 | Games, 60 | Goals, 51 | Assists, 12 | MoM, 14 | GPG 0.85

Club Totals :

[smylie is now 37 Years Old]

Games, 1183 | Goals, 2975 | Assists, 574 | MoM, 697 | GPG 2.60

N. Ireland

Games, 118 | Goals, 64

*Smylie is now N. Irelands All Time Record Goal Scorer

Career Totals

Games - 1,301

Goals - 3,039

Assists - 574

MoM - 697

The magical 3,000 is met, but his next milestone is 3,000 club goals. With this potentially his last season, and his goals dropping per season at a dramatic rate (and with that, my dominance of N. Ireland, as I need another prolific striker) - he may struggle to get there. We shall have to wait and see, though :)

They're all of his screen shots since his first season. This season not currently there, becuase I'm in the middle of it, hence only the 2,975 club goals thus far, in that season. :thup:

how did you manage to keep him at knockbreda?:D

It wasn't easy, but was a cycle something like this.

Smylie signs 5 year deal (till 2035)

Smylie signs 5 year deal (till 2036)

Smylie signs 5 year deal (till 2037)

Smylie gets unhappy bids were rejected for him.

Smylie rejects new contract. (4 years left)

Smylie rejects new contract. (3 years left)

Smylie rejects new contract. (2 years left)

Knockbreda win Champions League

Smylie signs 5 year deal (till 2042)

The numbers are just out of my head, and don't reflect the true years, but thats pretty much how. When he signed a new deal aged 30, (so 'till he's 35) - I knew I'd have him forever. By the time he was 33, nobody was bidding for him anymore, and he has just signed another 5 year deal, as a 37 year old :D

So hopefully, Smylie, age 42, will still be playing. :thup:

FM's version of Pele.

Bragging about scoring an endless amount of goals in amature leagues.

:D

Smylie > Pele :D

Yeah, it is crazy it was an ama league, however, on more than one occasion, he was Champions League top scorer, won the Champions League best player a fair few times, and still holds the record for most goals in a season, in the Champions League.

lol flogging a dead horse there champ, he wont score more than 5 goals next season with those kinda of stats!

nice achievement but i had to ask myself if it was really worth it. considering ur club must have has some serious cash, you could have bought a player like Defoe, and won more games with him, instead of keeping this old grandad at striker purely to gain an achievement?

It wasn't easy, but was a cycle something like this.

Smylie signs 5 year deal (till 2035)

Smylie signs 5 year deal (till 2036)

Smylie signs 5 year deal (till 2037)

Smylie gets unhappy bids were rejected for him.

Smylie rejects new contract. (4 years left)

Smylie rejects new contract. (3 years left)

Smylie rejects new contract. (2 years left)

Knockbreda win Champions League

Smylie signs 5 year deal (till 2042)

The numbers are just out of my head, and don't reflect the true years, but thats pretty much how. When he signed a new deal aged 30, (so 'till he's 35) - I knew I'd have him forever. By the time he was 33, nobody was bidding for him anymore, and he has just signed another 5 year deal, as a 37 year old :D

So hopefully, Smylie, age 42, will still be playing. :thup:

I know I could just look at the other thread but out of interest how far have you gotten in the Champions' League?

It kind of makes me want to go back to FM08 actually. That was the only FM in which I felt truly comfortable with tactics.

Nevertheless, amazing achievements Nep!

Same. About to reinstall 08 (again). Having such a rubbish time with Liverpool on FM10 at the moment due to tactical mistranslations (players not doing what I tell them to, and strikers not taking chances), and being threatened with the sack after 4 months, it's too depressing to continue FM10 for now. :(

This thread shows that you can get good regens in FM08. :thup:

Thats an awesome achievement. Kind of makes me want to play a really long term game on FM10 and achieve something like this.

Thanks fuzz. I'm hoping to get into FM10 eventually. I just can't at the moment though, because Smylie just wont retire. !!

It kind of makes me want to go back to FM08 actually. That was the only FM in which I felt truly comfortable with tactics.

Nevertheless, amazing achievements Nep!

Yeah, FM08 (And FM06, to some extent) - have been the only 2 games I've been comfortable playing. FM07 and FM09 were a waste of time for me, and FM10 looks completely new, so I'm going to have to focus on it solely, and not while I still have an FM08 save going.

Same. About to reinstall 08 (again). Having such a rubbish time with Liverpool on FM10 at the moment due to tactical mistranslations (players not doing what I tell them to, and strikers not taking chances), and being threatened with the sack after 4 months, it's too depressing to continue FM10 for now. :(

This thread shows that you can get good regens in FM08. :thup:

FM08 has some fantastic regens. The attribute distribution for them is perfect. You no longer get players with 17-20's in every area, but it makes a Striker having 18 Finishing, good composure and technique, a great striker, not just "another" striker.

So it is finally done. Grats Nep!

Thanks UELL

Ah good old FM08, that game was boss.

Indeed.

That's pretty incredible! :) Nice one!

Cheers Nick. Nice for someone from SI to recognise :D

Archived