advantage rule / passive offside

Hello,

there are two things which I'd really like to see in the game (maybe with the future patches?): the advantage rule and the passive offside.

It makes me angry to see that when my team is trying to start a counter-attack, the referee stops the game to concede me a free kick. Even if he would like to book a player, he first should leave the action go on, and only then book him.

Another thing I noticed is that an offisde free kick is given even when the ball is passed to a player which is not in an offside position himself. but another teammate of his. The offside free kick should not be given if the player in an offside position doesn't take part in the action.

I must admit, the way the game interprets the offside rule has started to irritate me. So many times after free kicks or corners have been half-cleared and knocked back into the box the flag goes up and play stops even when the player in an offside position is nowhere near the ball. The whistle usually goes before the ball even arrives at a player, even if the player on the end of the ball is well onside. Pretty unrealistic I think.

I must admit, the way the game interprets the offside rule has started to irritate me. So many times after free kicks or corners have been half-cleared and knocked back into the box the flag goes up and play stops even when the player in an offside position is nowhere near the ball. The whistle usually goes before the ball even arrives at a player, even if the player on the end of the ball is well onside. Pretty unrealistic I think.

another thing that irritates is when the linesman reports the offside a little bit too late, so when you are already celebrating your goal, you then receive a messge saying that the goal wasn't regular.

another thing that irritates is when the linesman reports the offside a little bit too late, so when you are already celebrating your goal, you then receive a messge saying that the goal wasn't regular.

Happens all the time in real life. That's why SI has included that potential incident.

The advantage rule needs to be put in the game, in one match my forward was hacked down by their defender, last man, but my other forward picked the ball up and was about to have a shot from about 6 yards, ref blows the whistle AS he shoots, pulls the play back for the red card as the ball thunders into the net, leaving me swearing at the PC, the ref, my neighbours, everybody, could the ref not have waited and sent him off after the goal. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANNOYING!!!!

i agree the advantage rule is a must, my player was fouled in our half by the last defender my pacey striker takes the ball goes past the rushing keeper im about to celebrate and oops free kick in my own half. **** i thought

I had this happen to me last night. My player received the ball just past the half way line and I knew he was offside but play continued and he ran with the ball all the way and scored only for it to be disallowed.

A bit over the top it was, letting play continue for about an extra 8 seconds or so.

I thought he'd got away with it! :D

The advantage rule needs to be put in the game, in one match my forward was hacked down by their defender, last man, but my other forward picked the ball up and was about to have a shot from about 6 yards, ref blows the whistle AS he shoots, pulls the play back for the red card as the ball thunders into the net, leaving me swearing at the PC, the ref, my neighbours, everybody, could the ref not have waited and sent him off after the goal. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANNOYING!!!!

Actually, it wouldn't be a red-card (unless the tackle was physically dangerous), as due to advantage being played, the defender wouldn't have denied an obvious goal scoring opportunity after-all.

IRL, the correct application of the laws would be to play advantage, award the goal and then caution or send off the defender if the tackle warrants a card on its own merits (i.e. serious foul play or unsporting behaviour).

The red-cards for a foul or a handball denying a goal/obvious goal scoring opportunity can not be applied if advantage has yielded a goal, because the goal has not been denied after all.

Archived