Patch 10.1.1 - Official Feedback Thread (can we keep it in here please, thanks!)

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
- Fixed the game running out of memory when entering a match for some users

- Fixed the game sometimes losing activated status on Uniloc-protected versions

- Fixed a Mac-only crash relating the incorrect loading of a sound file

- Fixed a rare crash in the tactics panel

- Fixed rare issue with score divergence

- Fixed occasional crash when responding to red card

This fix the memory crash dump bug?

• SI Staff
This fix the memory crash dump bug?

There has been improvements made to memory storage in the game which should decrease the chance of crashes, however we do reccomend users keep their preferences set to weekly incremental auto-saves to avoid potential frustration :)

Same issue after the patch. Crash dumps still here. Game crashes after the first game.

Pfff, well, that’s the last time in fall in the trap of purchasing one of the SI products. Next manager will be Championship Manager, way bored of purchasing a game that is not even a beta and hear crap like, update this, update that, go into file blabla, and do some bug tracking for us. FM 2008, FM 2009 now FM 2010, now it’s enough, there won’t be FM 2011 in my Steam games list.

They are yes, there are no ME changes with this patch :)
This isn't patch 2, that is still coming match engine changes and all and you guys will be the first to hear about it when we know anything

I am aware of that.

To me the fact you decided to split the patches means patch 2 is further off (probably late December).

But anyway, kudos for finally fixing (or attempting to fix) some critical bugs.

• SI Staff
Well, it crashed in my 2nd match, playing my big save game.

Same as before. Memory rising then crashes. This time it was 1.764GHz.

In the middle of a 3D match

I've already asked you this in the other thread where you are posting, but have you used any third party tools on your game, such as a saved game editor?

Same issue after the patch. Crash dumps still here. Game crashes after the first game.

Pfff, well, that’s the last time in fall in the trap of purchasing one of the SI products. Next manager will be Championship Manager, way bored of purchasing a game that is not even a beta and hear crap like, update this, update that, go into file blabla, and do some bug tracking for us. FM 2008, FM 2009 now FM 2010, now it’s enough, there won’t be FM 2011 in my Steam games list.

Does the same thing happen if you start a new game, or is it just with your current saved game?

If the latter, have you uploaded the saved game to us so that we can have a look at what is going wrong for you? If so, that would be very useful.

• SI Staff
I am aware of that.

To me the fact you decided to split the patches means patch 2 is further off (probably late December).

But anyway, kudos for finally fixing some critical bugs.

That's not the case - the internal patch 2 date of "before Xmas" has not changed.

Is this patch recomended for everyone to install, Or just people who are experiencing memory crashes?

People who don't suffer any crashes don't need to update or is it recomended?

You don't need to update if you haven't had any issues, and any of the fixes here will be in patch 2 anyway, but we would always recommend people to update to the latest version available.

I've already asked you this in the other thread where you are posting, but have you used any third party tools on your game, such as a saved game editor?

I've tried with the logo packs and face packs i'm currently using. Withouth them. Both before and after a clean install. With orignial skin and with a downloaded skin.

Everything has been tried, with the same result. Makes no difference.

If i take away the downloaded packs, i'm just delaying the inevitable. That's why i'm playing with 2D now. Can play for around 7-8 hours before it crashes.

With 3D it take just 2-4 matches.

Editors haven't been used. I diddownload some leagues but i took them away. But like i said. It was the same after a clean re-install without any 3rd party tools.

Same answer in the other thread :)

• SI Staff
Sorry, I won’t do anything anymore. I’ve already filled my part of the contract by purchasing the game. No way I do free bug tracking for a product I purchased. Have a good one everyone.

Sorry you feel like that - I was just trying to help you get the game running properly for you so that you could enjoy it as much as the hundreds of thousands of people who are happily playing without any issues.

I hope you find a game to play in the future that you enjoy and works fine on your machine.

That's not the case - the internal patch 2 date of "before Xmas" has not changed.

You don't need to update if you haven't had any issues, and any of the fixes here will be in patch 2 anyway, but we would always recommend people to update to the latest version available.

Ok thanks, I did suffer from crash dumps in the 3rd season but none since. Im installing the latest patch though, Just to be safe.

• Administrators
I've tried with the logo packs and face packs i'm currently using. Withouth them. Both before and after a clean install. With orignial skin and with a downloaded skin.

Everything has been tried, with the same result. Makes no difference.

If i take away the downloaded packs, i'm just delaying the inevitable. That's why i'm playing with 2D now. Can play for around 7-8 hours before it crashes.

With 3D it take just 2-4 matches.

Editors haven't been used. I diddownload some leagues but i took them away. But like i said. It was the same after a clean re-install without any 3rd party tools.

Same answer in the other thread :)

How many leagues are you trying to run now in the game that still crashes? Likewise what size db?

How many leagues are you trying to run now in the game that still crashes? Likewise what size db?

Right now it is a huge game. 40 nations, 96 leagues, large db with around 250.000 players.

I will start a new game with 1 nation, 7 leagues, large db. Should be around 15.000 players.

I did get the crash then as well before the patch when i tried with 1 nation and 7 leagues. But i will load up a new one now, like i said, and i will get back you you very shortly.

Well, splitting hairs here, but before Christmas can mean anything before the 25th (the four days before the 25., can all be considered late Dec). And having experience in IT I know how projects run over time.

Early Dec 1-10

Mid Dec 11 -20

Late Dec 21-31

- Supermicro X8SAX

- 4GB Corsair RAM

- i7 920 2.67GHz

- Dual ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 crossfireX enabled

I shouldn't have to much troubles finding games that do run on my system!

ha unlucky!

mines rubbish compared to that and it runs fine!

Archived