Authentication without disk?

Guest wampant

Guest wampant

One for the mods this really.

I've got an X61 laptop from work that I wish to play FM2008 on. Now unless it's in the docking station I don't have a disk drive. Is there another way I can authenticate that it's a proper install without the disk? I understand the need for checking the disk due to piracy but there are more and more ultra portables on the market that just don't have room for a disk drive?

Many Thanks

Chris

Interesting question. SI will probably sometime have to improve their "anti-piracy" policies, but meanwhile it will probably be better to just buy the digital-download versions to avoid this sort of problem.

Guest wampant

Lucho_ TBH I didn't even realise that there was a digital-download version! That pretty much solves it.

Now seeing as I've bought the proper cd/dvd version, am I allowed a free copy of the downloadable version? I should be...

Originally posted by wampant:

Lucho_ TBH I didn't even realise that there was a digital-download version! That pretty much solves it.

Now seeing as I've bought the proper cd/dvd version, am I allowed a free copy of the downloadable version? I should be...

I completely agree that with the purchase of the cd/dvd version you should be able to download the game for free at least one time. But I'm afraid you have to buy both versions.

For FM08 (actually it's WWSM08) I have gone to the digital-download version, and it has worked great for me. Would recommend it 100%. Maybe you can do it for 09.

Originally posted by wampant:

One for the mods this really.

I've got an X61 laptop from work that I wish to play FM2008 on.

/QUOTE]

When I got my laptop from work it had CivIII, FM05 and a few other games on it. No disks though lol.

Best idea... shell out 15 squid or less for a usb drive as the game CD isnt a DVD

Guest wampant

Yeah I could use a USB cd drive but how naff is that, this is 2008 not 1998.

I think loading it when I've at the docking station and never closing it is the best idea. Cheers.

Originally posted by Duttz:

is it illegal to get a crack if you already own a legit copy of the game? I didn't think it was...

It's a bit of a gray area legally, mostly music wise, but in this instance yes it is illigal.

Yeah I could use a USB cd drive but how naff is that, this is 2008 not 1998.

I think loading it when I've at the docking station and never closing it is the best idea. Cheers.

Does your Laptop not have a module for an internal DVD/CD drive to be fitted? unfortunately in 2008 we are still concerned with piracy.

Archived