Hidden Features?

I saw the following statement on the Football Manager 2010 Wiki entry;

"It has been made clear by the developers that some features will be kept secret and discovered only when playing the demo and full game, as has been the case for the last few releases of the series."

Just wondered have any of you come across any secret features?

One I think has been mentioned is young players retiring early when injured or left to rot in the reserves?

Did I dream it or does it snow on the 3D pitch too? I've only played about 12-14 games in total on FM2010 as I only bought it this weekend but it got me wondering what features are hidden?

For example if you sell a player with a percentage of the next sale going to you, then you can sell your option to the club for a set fee on the transfer clause screen. Should be a little triangle next to the player name, click it and it tells you how much you will get to waive your sell on percentage.

Don't remember reading about being able to sell contract clauses being mentioned before release.

You can pay off the clauses you put onto contract as well can you not?

Strikers scoring 70 goals a season was another feature not mentioned.

Ha, I've not read much about this version so I'm guessing that's a reported problem. What league's is this kind of thing happening in? It's not unheard of in the modern game for players to score between 30-40 goals a season (in all competitions) and Jardel even had 55 goals in 49 appearances which a few seasons later he bettered with 55 goals in 42 appearances, for Benfica and Sporting I think?!

I'm lucky if one of my strikers scores 7 a season.

You have a serious tactical issue there then fella :D

In all seriousness, I presume you play at the lower ends? I don't think the issue shows as much there.

It seems like the very best strikers are a little too powerful.

Did I dream it or does it snow on the 3D pitch too? I've only played about 12-14 games in total on FM2010 as I only bought it this weekend but it got me wondering what features are hidden?

You're correct. The game can now feature snow, as well as weather conditions which change during the game.

Don't remember reading about being able to sell contract clauses being mentioned before release.

It was in one of the blogs, actually. It's only implemented when one of the clubs is in financial trouble and would benefit from an early pay-off (the pay-off comes out as less than the clause would otherwise bring in, but the money arrives all at once rather than over several years). I've seen one clause I could buy, but didn't need the money immediately so I let it sit there and accrue.

Archived