Looking for EU players? Try this list of countries outside the traditional Europe

This post is really aimed at Lower League Managers, but i cannot post this info in the LLM forum otherwise i'll be castrated, due to all the silly rules.

Anyway, if you are based in England, and need help building your lower league team, then forget the "player search" function. Visit these countries and look at their national teams & U21 sides. They are all EU friendly nations, so no work permit required.

However, you need to be running a large database and retaining all players, otherwise you will only find one or two players in each squad.

French Guyana (French)

Guadeloupe (French)

Martinique (French)

Reunion (French)

Mayotte (French)

Bermuda (English)

BVI (English)

Montserrat (English)

Anguilla (English)

Aruba (Dutch)

Netherlands Antilles (Dutch)

Pick up all sorts of players for free. Much better than those overpaid english.

If you prefer something closer to home, then my favourite countries for manually searching for players is Luxembourg, Andorra and Bulgaria. I just love those Andorrans, and have 4 in my Blue Square team.

Anyway, just compiling this info for those that did not know.

Thanks.

I can see why this wouldn't be nice in the LLM forum, actually!

Try it and watch what will happen to you!

LLM forum isnt what it looks like. Its actually full of silly rules and you have to play the game as if it were real, therefore you can't just go trolling around other nations teams, signing players you have never heard of. I respect what they are doing, but i think there should be another name for the forum, and allow "normal" LLM's to have the rights to post sensible information in the LLM forum, rather than being taken apart by the hounds that they are.

Try it and watch what will happen to you!

LLM forum isnt what it looks like. Its actually full of silly rules and you have to play the game as if it were real, therefore you can't just go trolling around other nations teams, signing players you have never heard of. I respect what they are doing, but i think there should be another name for the forum, and allow "normal" LLM's to have the rights to post sensible information in the LLM forum, rather than being taken apart by the hounds that they are.

LLM is about realism and the true tail-end of management. No Blue Square South side will have scouting knowledge of Mayotte. Heck, I don't think a lot of Premier League sides have scouting knowledge of Mayotte. That is part of the point of LLM.

• 5 weeks later...

Completely agree. You can't even discuss managing a club in a league below BSS/BSN - however realistically, because you need to click a couple of buttons in the competition editor to activate it. They're entitled to their rules for sure, but why should they have copyright over the description 'lower league manager'?

Usually, when looking for cheap & good players for lower league teams I'd use 'Search' and set 'Nationality' to Polish, Czech, Slovakian, Romanian or Slovenian. A few great bargains always crop up. On my Aldershot save I managed to pick up a 19-year old Slovenian striker (don't remember the name) for 5 k. He almost instantly became one of the favorites with the fans and was bagging goals like mad. Unfortunately, he was sold to Derby during the winter transfer window for 2.5 mil...board decision :/

Archived