70 goal a season Ronaldo!

Thats sick! I have seen a player score something like 54/56 goals in a season before on FM.

But 70 goals in one season wow. You gotta love that boy Ronaldo. ;)

There's a fair few around the forums now who have had strikers score over 150 goals in a season, myself included lol. Nepenthez has a striker who's scored over 220 iirc. It's a fair achievement to get 70 goals out of a striker in Spain's top flight though, should try and target getting 100+ out of him, don't think anyone has achieved that yet on this years.

There's a fair few around the forums now who have had strikers score over 150 goals in a season, myself included lol. Nepenthez has a striker who's scored over 220 iirc. It's a fair achievement to get 70 goals out of a striker in Spain's top flight though, should try and target getting 100+ out of him, don't think anyone has achieved that yet on this years.

Haha that would be cool. Maybe if I played him up front by himself and did everything through him, seeing as Benzema also got 30 in 40 odd games.

Does anyone know if there is a records thread for 2010? Would be a nice challenge to have some things to aim for now that this team just keeps winning everything.

I cheated and put him in my St Albans team as a test via the editor, he scored 124 goals in the season, then I sold him for 90 million.....then the board said it was an aberration that I allowed him to leave ha ha ha

Sounds fun - might have to try that for a laugh :)

I've not managed him yet on this one, he was decent for me last year though.

well, my Rooney scored 80 goals in all competition in 60 matches. my Higuain scored 46 goals in a single Liga season in 30 matches (Hugo Sanchez scored 38 which is best record in real life until now), overall rating at 7.99, that's the best i can do so far

Yes!!

A quite impressive and unrealistic bug...

Some threads around about too many goals...

Not a bug at all imo, the game is run by artificial intelligence, which at the end of the day can be bettered by us. You don't have to be a genius on the level of Hawkings or Einstein to do it; but with time and effort and putting the effort really in carefully managing a player you can "beat" the AI in a way it can't come back from. Wouldn't happen IRL but the only way to stop it, would effectively be to hard code the game so that once a striker reaches 50 goals, that is it he won't score again for the season.

That is the only alternative - there will always be individuals who get the better of the AI. Last year I was able to, and had several strikers who could and did score over 100 goals in a season, as did various other players. On FM08 people like Nepenthez did it, Dafuge on 07 or 06 I think.

One thing that jumps out at me - the guy has scored 70 GOALS in ONE SEASON plus ASSISTS and still has an overall average rating of less than 8! Indeed less than 7.75 even. This is also something that needs looking at.

I've found ratings to be completely nuts every since they went all marginally changing in decimals.

I've found ratings to be completely nuts every since they went all marginally changing in decimals.

I posted a bug relating to ratings and yet there have been no response for 2 weeks. Perhaps the SI guys are too busy to eradicate the more prominent bugs for the next patch, ratings for players are certainly not high on their agenda.

Btw, are you the Ranbir on simrtk?

First game of the new season and he bagged 6 and got a 10 rating. Albeit it was only a friendly against Atletico B :p

Managed to grab Pato on a free so going to play him as a poacher maybe see how that works out, his forward runs might open up more spare for Ronnybasher.

Haha that would be cool. Maybe if I played him up front by himself and did everything through him, seeing as Benzema also got 30 in 40 odd games.

Does anyone know if there is a records thread for 2010? Would be a nice challenge to have some things to aim for now that this team just keeps winning everything.

FM10 Records Thread - Fwiw, the record for most goals in a season, is 78.

Nice achievement, btw. And for the record, Smylie scored 228 in 1 season. :thup:

I cant see the fun in this game once your team has forwards like ronaldo, kaka, rubery ... like he said he had 4 injuries and a red card and still won the final with ease... i bought this game last week and began playing a team from coca cola league 2. my players are trash but its fun to work your way up through the divisions and come out on top in the perm league, champions league etc in 10 or so seasons time. heres a question: anyone here continue to enjoy the game once your team is absolutely owning every team and comp in the game?

im not knocking any of you who choose to start as chelsea, barca, etc but im just putting my opinion forward.

Not a bug at all imo, the game is run by artificial intelligence, which at the end of the day can be bettered by us. You don't have to be a genius on the level of Hawkings or Einstein to do it; but with time and effort and putting the effort really in carefully managing a player you can "beat" the AI in a way it can't come back from. Wouldn't happen IRL but the only way to stop it, would effectively be to hard code the game so that once a striker reaches 50 goals, that is it he won't score again for the season.

That is the only alternative - there will always be individuals who get the better of the AI. Last year I was able to, and had several strikers who could and did score over 100 goals in a season, as did various other players. On FM08 people like Nepenthez did it, Dafuge on 07 or 06 I think.

Sometimes a number may be worth more than many theories..

SERIE A Top Strikers

2006/2007 Totti 26 goals

2007/2008 Del Piero 21 Goals

2008/2009 Ibrahimovic 25 Goals

Unrealistic Ratio: 2,8

There isn't problems with the game it's a simple matter of fact that certain people are able to get the better of the AI. No matter what changes SI implement, people are always going to beat the AI. Ok it wasn't intended to be beaten like this, but there is no 'exploits' of the match engine yet as far as I'm aware like the corner one.

Last year I got Keirrison scoring over 100 goals a season for numerous years in the Premiership. It was far above what was normal but as my location says he ended up with over 1900 career goals. What did I do? I had a young player I trained up and yes I took advantage of attribute weighting out of curiosity after reading some threads. I had him tutored by some great players, tweaked his settings worked carefully on his training and brought him off at the right time, rested him for the right games and in general whilst my job was managing Stoke I spent more time working on him than anyone else.

It isn't realistic, but I beat the AI and I'm proud of that; but even in 20/30 years time the AI will still be beatable unless there is preventative measures hardcoded to stop it happening.

FM10 Records Thread - Fwiw, the record for most goals in a season, is 78.

Nice achievement, btw. And for the record, Smylie scored 228 in 1 season. :thup:

Thanks for that. Have submitted a couple and will keep on playing this save now I have something to aim for :D Like some people have said it can get a little boring when you own everything. I also do other things like I've made a team full of 15/16 year olds in Castilla who are now in the league below me and doing good, so I'm aiming to get them promoted to my league and develop some talented players along the way :p

Thanks for that. Have submitted a couple and will keep on playing this save now I have something to aim for :D Like some people have said it can get a little boring when you own everything. I also do other things like I've made a team full of 15/16 year olds in Castilla who are now in the league below me and doing good, so I'm aiming to get them promoted to my league and develop some talented players along the way :p

Records submitted to the FM10 Records thread, must be achieved using a 100% unedited database. So if you've created a team, it means any record you could potentially submit, will be void

Records submitted to the FM10 Records thread, must be achieved using a 100% unedited database. So if you've created a team, it means any record you could potentially submit, will be void

I hope that's not an accusation!! :p I would never edit the database in the slightest. The game was created after the patch. I'm also more than happy to upload my saved game so anyone can take a look.

Edit : Ah I see why you might think that, when I said I've made a team I mean I actually bought all the players legit and moved them to my affiliate team :)

I hope that's not an accusation!! :p I would never edit the database in the slightest. The game was created after the patch. I'm also more than happy to upload my saved game so anyone can take a look.

Edit : Ah I see why you might think that, when I said I've made a team I mean I actually bought all the players legit and moved them to my affiliate team :)

Ahhh. My mistake. Yeah, I read the post as, you've created a new team of players who are all 16/17. Makes sense now. I wasn't accusing you either :D - Some people edit the database for simple things that have no relevance on the game, but even this voids any record. However, that isn't the case here, so its all good :D

I posted a bug relating to ratings and yet there have been no response for 2 weeks. Perhaps the SI guys are too busy to eradicate the more prominent bugs for the next patch, ratings for players are certainly not high on their agenda.

Btw, are you the Ranbir on simrtk?

Yes I am. There is only one Ranbir on the internet. ;)

Archived