Why Won't The Game Launch?

Hi, I've just tried to launch the game, but I get a message off Steam, telling me that 'This game is currently unavaliable. Please try again later'

Any idea what to do?

(It's nothing to do with my commentary editing, as I tried it with the original lines back in, and it did the same thing!)

Cheers,

Joe

Or try this one: right click on game > properties > Verify integrity of game cache.

It checks whether the local files of the game are alright. I also got this error message and this is how I solved the problem when my antivirus program identified fm.exe as a virus. :)

Or try this one: right click on game > properties > Verify integrity of game cache.

It checks whether the local files of the game are alright. I also got this error message and this is how I solved the problem when my antivirus program identified fm.exe as a virus. :)

but generally all it needs is a restart of steam, thats all :)

Restart didn't seem to work too well, though thanks for the tip!

I'm trying the integrity of game cache thing, and it'll take...

5 hours :(

5 hours??? How is that possible?? It took about 5 minutes for my laptop plus 5 more to download the files that were needed to be repaired (or corrected or whatever :)).

Well i got a boxed copy and installed via steam,then i installed the patch manualy (from the download links in the sticky) and i don't need steam running to play FM,but that was for the 1st patch,i'm gonna try the same with the 2nd patch and hopefully it works.

Well ive just installed 10.1.1 manualy and it works without steam running,so i'm as happy as larry.

Archived