Liverpool home grown players in 2011/12

I have just become Liverpool manager and when i look at the squad register bit it says i only have 3 yes 3 Home grown players..

im guessing in 2009/2010 they had enough players so the fat spanish waiter must of sold all the HG players..

iRL this would never ever happen!

Ponitless thread backed up by supposition!

IRL now, what would you class as their home grown players? Gerrard, Carragher, Johnson....

no my point is raffa would never sell all his HG players so he would have to pick alot of reserve home grown players!

i have 3 atm gerrard cara and johnson.

no my point is raffa would never sell all his HG players so he would have to pick alot of reserve home grown players!

i have 3 atm gerrard cara and johnson.

Pennant, Hobbs, Guthrie and Crouch disagree.

Look at Liverpool's Champions League (or I suppose Europa League :D) squad. They couldn't pick Degen because they didn't have enough homegrown or nationally-trained players.

Not sure why people would think this thread is silly or pointless?

It raises a valid question, why would a team consistently reaching European qualification have so few home grown players in it's ENTIRE squad. The point is the Champions League has a minimum requirment of 4 home grown players (trained by club) and 8 home grown players (trained in the home nation) to be able to compete in the competition? No team featuring in Europe would ever let their squads drop below this minimum requirment.

If the OP does indeed mean Liverpool have fewer than 4 club trained, home grown players in 2011/12 then it sounds like a bit of missing coding to me.

Ponitless thread backed up by supposition!

IRL now, what would you class as their home grown players? Gerrard, Carragher, Johnson....

Gerrard, Carragher, Darby, Kelly, Spearing, Irwin, Amoo and Eccleston plus more in the under 18's squad.

Johnson is not classed as one of the 4 players trained at the Academy because he was trained at West Ham's Academy, though he can be counted as one of the eight minimum requirement.

At least four players must be produced from a club's own Academy with the other four places made up of players who have come through the youth system of any English clubs. The definition of home grown is trained for three years under the age of 21 by somebody in the English and Welsh professional system. This is why Premier League clubs are tapping up foreign talent from other clubs at such a young age, the very thing that has landed Chelsea with a transfer ban! Instead of nurturing English talent they prefer to just buy 16 year old kids from abroad and train them to qualify for the "home grown" rule! The best example of a player that has made it in these circumstances is Cesc Fabregas who Arsenal bought off Barcelona aged 16.

Now do you see why this post is neither pointless, nor backed up by supposition? Rafa and Wenger threw a fit at this rule because they had to drop more established players for reserve team players! Sami Hyypia lost out on a Champions League squad place to Jay Spearing! So it's fair to say no Premier League manager would ever drop his squad below 4 Academy trained home grown players, otherwise the club would not be allowed to enter the Champions League and miss out on the small fortune that being in the competition ensures.

So it's fair to say no Premier League manager would ever drop his squad below 4 Academy trained home grown players
And to me it doesn't look like they have, as he's registered reserves.

I think the bluemoon just expects them all to be of a high standard, when that isn't happening.

Gerrard, Carragher, Darby, Kelly, Spearing, Irwin, Amoo and Eccleston plus more in the under 18's squad.

Johnson is not classed as one of the 4 players trained at the Academy because he was trained at West Ham's Academy, though he can be counted as one of the eight minimum requirement.

At least four players must be produced from a club's own Academy with the other four places made up of players who have come through the youth system of any English clubs. The definition of home grown is trained for three years under the age of 21 by somebody in the English and Welsh professional system. This is why Premier League clubs are tapping up foreign talent from other clubs at such a young age, the very thing that has landed Chelsea with a transfer ban! Instead of nurturing English talent they prefer to just buy 16 year old kids from abroad and train them to qualify for the "home grown" rule! The best example of a player that has made it in these circumstances is Cesc Fabregas who Arsenal bought off Barcelona aged 16.

Now do you see why this post is neither pointless, nor backed up by supposition? Rafa and Wenger threw a fit at this rule because they had to drop more established players for reserve team players! Sami Hyypia lost out on a Champions League squad place to Jay Spearing! So it's fair to say no Premier League manager would ever drop his squad below 4 Academy trained home grown players, otherwise the club would not be allowed to enter the Champions League and miss out on the small fortune that being in the competition ensures.

I AM TALKING ABOUT THE EPL!!!!

in MY SAVE GAME i have only THREE home grown players and johnson does count for the EPL my point in real life would raffa sell alot of his HG players and not buy andone meaning he would have to pick crap reserve players?

NO! im saying its a fault in the game.

OK, so you have three, and have to pick 5 more? Two of which have to be trained at club. Leaving room for 17 other players.

I don't think Liverpool are gonna go out and buy loads of over priced English players, there's plenty of room in that 17 for quality.

OK, so you have three, and have to pick 5 more? Two of which have to be trained at club. Leaving room for 17 other players.

I don't think Liverpool are gonna go out and buy loads of over priced English players, there's plenty of room in that 17 for quality.

you dont get the point..

the point is i have joined liverpool 2 years into a save game and for some reason the game has sold 5 HG players and not replaced them!

thats my point

I AM TALKING ABOUT THE EPL!!!!

in MY SAVE GAME i have only THREE home grown players and johnson does count for the EPL my point in real life would raffa sell alot of his HG players and not buy andone meaning he would have to pick crap reserve players?

NO! im saying its a fault in the game.

Ah I get you now, missed the fact you were talking about the EPL. Sorry to baker.simon as I explained something you no doubt already know in my post just above, I thought the OP was talking about the Champions League home grown limit!

The EPL doesn't have a home grown talent limitation yet IRL, but one is being introduced for the 2010/11 campaign, so if no quality home grown players are available to buy then yes Rafa will have to choose crappy reserve players.

It seems to me like he's not sold any of the current home grown players as Liverpool only have 3 that could be classed as good at the moment, Gerrard, Carragher and Johnson. So if he hasn't sold any of these and he hasn't bought any new home grown talent then yes you will only have 3 players to start with!

in my squad i only have 3 HG players..

Gerrand, Johnson and Carra

who ever they sold im not saying there good but i bet there better than the people i have had to use.

Maybe there has been no one sold?

Liverpools squad from yesterday:

Reina

Insua

Agger

Carragher (HG)

Johnson (HG)

Aurelio

Lucas

Mascherano

Kuyt

Gerrard (HG)

Ngog

Subs:

Aquilani

Benayoun

Cavalieri

El Zhar

Kyrgiakos

Riera

Skrtel

3 HG Players. Guess what, Rafa will have to register reserves next season as well. Unless he buys 5 top class english players to fit into his 25 man squad, which lets face it, he won't have the money for.

Archived