General Laptop Question?

Hoping to get a new one for Xmas. I don't have massive amounts of money to spend on one and I have narrowed it down to this one:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0775454569.1259515059@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdkadeimfmdldjcflgceggdhhmdfof.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=138073&category_oid=

Need a new laptop anyway, but mainly because FM won't run on mine. Just want to know if this will run FM sufficiently? The processor and RAM are fine, just wondering about the graphics card. Is it compatible with FM and will it work?

I don't do a lot of PC gaming (with high graphics needs anyway), other than FM I would tend to play Age of Empires or these type of games. Will it be fine with those games too?

It does have "dedicated" ati 3200. I think that its fine for fm but try finding some with better grafics. I think that you can find a laptop with similar specs and for similar cash and with 4xxx gfx. The higher the number the better, gfx wise.

It does have "dedicated" ati 3200. I think that its fine for fm but try finding some with better grafics. I think that you can find a laptop with similar specs and for similar cash and with 4xxx gfx. The higher the number the better, gfx wise.

not according to Packard Bells website it says shared video memory only thus making it a shared graphics card not dedicated

Have been reading about shared memory cards. Get the impression that they share the RAM from what I already have in my computer. So if I have 4gb and the graphics card takes up say 512mb, then I would still have 3.5gb left. Surely this is still very good and won't affect performance too much?

it not just a case of sharing ram though it also shares the CPU also with it sharing your computers ram it can slow down the laptop as the data has to travel across a track where as if it was deicated the card could do all the working and not need to access anything else

Ideally I want a laptop for running FM and for running future FM's. I know the laptop world is constantly getting cheaper, better etc, so would need a laptop to be able to cope for 3 or 4 years. If not this laptop then can anyone reccomend any others?

Looks pretty good. However, prefer looking at my laptops before I buy them and there isn't much in terms of pictures or whatever.

With the laptop I showed before, does anybody know if its possible to put in a new graphics card if I find that my computer can't handle what I am doing? As i said, I will mainly be playing FM and games with that kind of graphic needs. I don't really play big power kind of games online such as COD, as I usually buy these for my ps3.

Processor Type: AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor QL60

Cache: 1MB

Operating System: Windows Vista Home

Internal Memory: 2GB DDR2 Memory

Hard Drive: 120 GB

Display: 15.6″ Screen Size

Optical Drive: DVD Super Multi Double Layer

Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce 8200 Graphics

Built-In: 3X USB ports, Wireless Enabled

is this laptop good enough to run fm10 please?

just it says on the gam performance is low?

Archived