Long shot bug not real

John Terry has a tendency to rifle them in from 30/40 yards out in the first couple of seasons, but Marco Verratti is insane, everytime he picks the ball up in their half I'm thinking "he's gonna score soon" and he quite often does. My team, has somehow devised the tactic (almost seemingly of their own accord) to square any free kick to him thats close to the half way line, and he has scored 3 or 4 times from rediculous range.

I just got the "Goal Of The Season" message and numbers 2 and 3 are from my players both in the same game with long shot stats of 9 and 10.

Yeah but if you think about it, last season Glen Johnson got goal of the season with a 30 yard left foot volley (long shots 10) and Paul Konchesky was nominated as well with his sublime shot with long shots of 11 respectively.

I have also not seen this "bug" that everyone claims to have. I have just come to face fact that if they are complaining about long shots and what not, they are a terrible manager! Try closing people down?!

I score a long shot once every 3-4 games (roughly, sometimes goes longer than that), and sometimes I will be blessed with 2 in one game every blue moon!

It does happen too often for it to be genuinely fine and dandy, your tactics may prevent it but as I said, the AI are unable to cope with Marco Verratti. Long Shots of 15 and he'll score about 10 goals a season all from way out, but time after time he wins corners and puts them on the back foot with shots from no where. Unless you get the tactical balancing right I'd say they are too frequent compared to what they should be, but with a good defense and holding midfielder I've been able to cut it out.

This sounds really strange to me. I don't have this problem. Done 2.5 seasons in Spain and 1.5 in England with Atletico and Sunderland Might be that you guys are using no dvd patch. Recently they make them faulty on purpose and this sounds very much like a bug they would put in.

Yeah but if you think about it, last season Glen Johnson got goal of the season with a 30 yard left foot volley (long shots 10) and Paul Konchesky was nominated as well with his sublime shot with long shots of 11 respectively.

I have also not seen this "bug" that everyone claims to have. I have just come to face fact that if they are complaining about long shots and what not, they are a terrible manager! Try closing people down?!

I score a long shot once every 3-4 games (roughly, sometimes goes longer than that), and sometimes I will be blessed with 2 in one game every blue moon!

I wasnt complaining, I like the fact that I get to watch a couple of screamers every now and then.

I wasnt complaining, I like the fact that I get to watch a couple of screamers every now and then.

:p Do you get that feeling as well when one flies in, a big grin goes up on your face and you go "Corrr Get in" :D

Archived