My successful 433 tactic

if anybody is struggling, i found this tactic very useful esp at home, still tweaking it to get consistant away from home. i won the quad first season with everton using this. untried on lower league clubs so far.

i'm not saying it is 'unbeatable' but it certainly worked for me. any feedback would be appreciated as i've never posted a tactic before.

here we go. 4-3-3

emphasis - attacking

passing - normal

tackling - normal

the rest is set to 'no'

player instructions

passing - defence and GK set to team, midfeild and forwards short

tacking - all team apart from 3 MF set to hard

pressing - DF and GK no, rest yes

pass to - all RLC

free role - 2 outside forwards set to yes, rest no

forward runs - all yes apart from GK, DC's and middle MF

run with ball - outside MF's and outside FW;s yes, rest no

hold up ball - middle MF and middle FW yes, rest no

long shots - all MF yes, rest no

through balls - all MF yes, rest no

cross ball - DL, DR, outside MF and ouside FW yes, rest no

marking - all zonal apart from GK and FW's. i tend to go CB man when playing against 2 strikers unless they have pace

away from home i'm trying out normal emphasis, DL, DR no runs and all MF set to no runs. ok results so far.

if anybody can get this tactic spot on away from home, let me know

cheers

if anybody is struggling, i found this tactic very useful esp at home, still tweaking it to get consistant away from home. i won the quad first season with everton using this. untried on lower league clubs so far.

i'm not saying it is 'unbeatable' but it certainly worked for me. any feedback would be appreciated as i've never posted a tactic before.

here we go. 4-3-3

emphasis - attacking

passing - normal

tackling - normal

the rest is set to 'no'

player instructions

passing - defence and GK set to team, midfeild and forwards short

tacking - all team apart from 3 MF set to hard

pressing - DF and GK no, rest yes

pass to - all RLC

free role - 2 outside forwards set to yes, rest no

forward runs - all yes apart from GK, DC's and middle MF

run with ball - outside MF's and outside FW;s yes, rest no

hold up ball - middle MF and middle FW yes, rest no

long shots - all MF yes, rest no

through balls - all MF yes, rest no

cross ball - DL, DR, outside MF and ouside FW yes, rest no

marking - all zonal apart from GK and FW's. i tend to go CB man when playing against 2 strikers unless they have pace

away from home i'm trying out normal emphasis, DL, DR no runs and all MF set to no runs. ok results so far.

if anybody can get this tactic spot on away from home, let me know

cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Leevann:

winning 0-1 untill 89th min. drew 1-1 icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you go attacking ? let me know about your home results, you'll find a big difference i hope

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Leevann:

just played against blackburn away from home again. won 0-1.

plenty of shots on target and defence was really solid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you change any of instructions for that game or did you play without changing

So far so good. since changing to your tactic Im unbeaten in my last 6 games (home and away)

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

glad to help and to see it working for somebody else. hope you're seeing lots of goals

• SI Staff

I'm no expert but I've had quite a lot of success with 4-1-3-2 with Ipswich, counter attacking and short passing turned on. I've only half-way through my first season in the Championship though so time will tell.

A lot of the goals seem to come from my forward-roving midfielders - in particular a certain Stefan Iversen... icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick:

I'm no expert but I've had quite a lot of success with 4-1-3-2 with Ipswich, counter attacking and short passing turned on. I've only half-way through my first season in the Championship though so time will tell.

A lot of the goals seem to come from my forward-roving midfielders - in particular a certain Stefan Iversen... icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you're after goals nick, give this one a try. if you've got some creative midfielders and some forwards with good dribbling you'll do ok. put iversen in the middle of the front 3

This seems to be at outstanding tactic. Ive gone clear at the top with Newcastle and Champions league.

Away from home I change to Normal and take runs off full back and midfield. For some reason teams always seem to score first and I have to fight back. Won a few 3-2etc. Anyone found a way to tighten up away????

Also, How do you play agaist Chelsea 4-5-1 and Liverpools 4-2-2-2-? They always beat me>>>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">cross ball - DL, DR, outside MF and ouside FW yes, rest n </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

does that mean both outside MF;s and both outside FW's to cross ball, or just 1 of each?

I love this Tactic....

Crystal Palace

Season 1 Finished 2nd in the Championship and league cup final No Purchases

Season 2 Finished 4th in the premiership league cup final and FA cup winners 1x brazillian CM purchased

Just starting Season 3 will keep you updated icon14.gif

does anybody notice the ammount of offsides you get while using this tactic??, i get around 9-12 offsides every game............and score goals which are rules offside quite alot too, usually the the free role outside FW's who stray offside..........any way to get around this without changing tactic?

Apart from that great tactic.

Playing as Arsenal.........Reyes has 33 goals so far from 40 games........Walcott has 25 from 40......1 point clear of Chelsea and Man Utd with 3 games to play in the Premiership, in the FA Cup Semi's, and Champs League semi.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D.Dappa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">cross ball - DL, DR, outside MF and ouside FW yes, rest n </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

does that mean both outside MF;s and both outside FW's to cross ball, or just 1 of each? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry. yes, use both of each

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triggerusawales:

This seems to be at outstanding tactic. Ive gone clear at the top with Newcastle and Champions league.

Away from home I change to Normal and take runs off full back and midfield. For some reason teams always seem to score first and I have to fight back. Won a few 3-2etc. Anyone found a way to tighten up away????

Also, How do you play agaist Chelsea 4-5-1 and Liverpools 4-2-2-2-? They always beat me>>> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what i have started doing now aaway from home is just leaving it as it is. very attacking, my team is getting better so it can handle the forward play. against 451 i tend to take full backs off forward runs and go to zonal marking for CB's. havent played against a 4222 yet. liverpool play 424 in my game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pdid:

Quick question...

Which type of midfielders do you used, ie DMC MC AMC, and for the outside positions do you use say AM LC/RC or just AM C?

Cheers P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

centre mid i always use DMC. outside MF's, i dont have a preference. AMC/MC/AML/AMR i've found doesnt really matter although i do get slightly better performances if i use MC. outside forwards i use SC/FW or the likes of ronaldinho who is a AMLC works too

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D.Dappa:

does anybody notice the ammount of offsides you get while using this tactic??, i get around 9-12 offsides every game............and score goals which are rules offside quite alot too, usually the the free role outside FW's who stray offside..........any way to get around this without changing tactic?

Apart from that great tactic.

Playing as Arsenal.........Reyes has 33 goals so far from 40 games........Walcott has 25 from 40......1 point clear of Chelsea and Man Utd with 3 games to play in the Premiership, in the FA Cup Semi's, and Champs League semi. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i would hazard a guess and say that the players caught offside may have poor positional ratings??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triggerusawales:

mrefc80 - Great tactic won league with Newcastle season 3 -

Im still having spot of bother away from home - Seem to concced and draw alot - Any suggestions.

Also 4-5-1 is causing a problem to play against </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what i have started doing now aaway from home is just leaving it as it is. very attacking, my team is getting better so it can handle the forward play. against 451 i tend to take full backs off forward runs and go to zonal marking for CB's. havent played against a 4222 yet. liverpool play 424 in my game

Thanks,

Ill try that - they play 424 on mine as well -

It has done very well for me - Won Prem last season and Euro Champions Cup -

When against Liverpool or Chelsea away I tend to play normal mentality and take runs off full backs like you say.....

What do you normally do once in the lead - say 50th minute away and one nil up - Teams seem to come back and score against me - They also come back when im two up...

Thanks,

Ill try that - they play 424 on mine as well -

It has done very well for me - Won Prem last season and Euro Champions Cup -

When against Liverpool or Chelsea away I tend to play normal mentality and take runs off full backs like you say.....

What do you normally do once in the lead - say 50th minute away and one nil up - Teams seem to come back and score against me - They also come back when im two up... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

after the 60-70 min mark when i am leading, i go to normal or defensive(against good team) and take forward runs off fullbacks and midfielders

Thanks for your help - can you help me a bit more??

Im Newcastle and although I have won alot using this tactic I dont seem to do that well (strange comment I hear you say)

For example will beat Sporting CP 0-5 away and Barcelona 0-3 away and lose 1-0 away to Derby, 0-1 to Ispwich and keep drawing........I do take the lead home and away but teams seem to have one shot and in it goes - They only seem to attack once as well and it goes in????

Tactic is used as described here - I only seem to get average of 6 shots on target each game???

Given, RB Ramage, LB, Dede, Kompany and Steven Taylor CB.

Adu and Nolan (Wide of three) and Parker in Centre.

Podolski in centre, Owen and viti on outside.

Subs, Kirkland, Vuvinic, Guarin, Cleberson, Gerno, Boumsong, Ben Hatam, Ramon,

Whats going wrong???

Thanks for your help - can you help me a bit more??

Im Newcastle and although I have won alot using this tactic I dont seem to do that well (strange comment I hear you say)

For example will beat Sporting CP 0-5 away and Barcelona 0-3 away and lose 1-0 away to Derby, 0-1 to Ispwich and keep drawing........I do take the lead home and away but teams seem to have one shot and in it goes - They only seem to attack once as well and it goes in????

Tactic is used as described here - I only seem to get average of 6 shots on target each game???

Given, RB Ramage, LB, Dede, Kompany and Steven Taylor CB.

Adu and Nolan (Wide of three) and Parker in Centre.

Podolski in centre, Owen and viti on outside.

Subs, Kirkland, Vuvinic, Guarin, Cleberson, Gerno, Boumsong, Ben Hatam, Ramon,

Whats going wrong??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i also experience this too, i think its got something to do with the attacking style of the formation. having 7 players on forward runs is not gonna help your keeper is it?? it just needs tweaking. the likes of barca away will pussh up too so thats why you can score against them but the likes of derby will play a counter attack style against you. i've been trying playing with the offside trap on away from home and it seems to be working so far but not against the good teams. try that. let me know how you get on.

cheers

This is a great tactic. As Inter Milan I went 18 games unbeaten, which included winning seven games on the spin. I have lost two consecutive games in Serie A upto now though. These were against Juventus and Messina icon_eek.gif However I think I just need to alter the team instructions a little. Anyway I'm currently four points behind juventus but I should win it, hopefully icon_wink.gif

Can u get youth players on the game cause I have not seen any and on the back of the case it shows u youth players

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mwjones:

Can u get youth players on the game cause I have not seen any and on the back of the case it shows u youth players </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

??? you mean 16 year olds? yeah you can

im in my forth season as wycombe wanderers, and now in prem. i have bought youngsters but never had any promoted from my youth team. the picture on the back of the box says "###### has been promoted from your youth team for your assesment". ive never seen this happen for me yet. is it because i started with a league 2 team so i dont have a youth squad? confused

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sean_oc16:

Had great results with the tactic. icon_biggrin.gif

Works very well for lots of different teams (played with Barca, Derby, Burton, Den Bosch) and have had lots of success. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

happy to help

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wycombe-4-europe:

im in my forth season as wycombe wanderers, and now in prem. i have bought youngsters but never had any promoted from my youth team. the picture on the back of the box says "###### has been promoted from your youth team for your assesment". ive never seen this happen for me yet. is it because i started with a league 2 team so i dont have a youth squad? confused </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've never had this either but i guess its something to do with squad size. i never have under 34 come the end of season so i suppose if you have a bit of space you will get a youth player

I have to admit I am using this tactic with Blackburn and I am not finding it that great.

OK I take that back I have not lost a game at home yet icon_eek.gif

But away from home I am doing terrible icon_mad.gif I have only won 2 out of 6 games and lost the other 4.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LostInBKK:

I have to admit I am using this tactic with Blackburn and I am not finding it that great.

OK I take that back I have not lost a game at home yet icon_eek.gif

But away from home I am doing terrible icon_mad.gif I have only won 2 out of 6 games and lost the other 4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you may have to ease off on the attacking front. maybe take forward runs off full backs or off midfielders. as your players get used to the tactic it starts to work away from home. i find this every season for some reason

Guest theroobs

Hi,

Now have played 1 season with this tatic as Arsenal (introduced after about 10 games) and what a difference. Finished 3rd but won with European Cup and semis in all other cups.

Yes this is v unstable away from home but generally I neutralised the over attacking nature by playing 2 DMCs either side of the AMC - seemed to work quite well - great tactic icon_cool.gif

hi, im barcelona and so far ive played 6 games with this tactic and won all of them quite comfortably even away from home:

Barcelona 6 - 1 Valencia (h),

Osasuna 0 - 2 Barcelona (a),

Barcelona 4 - 1 Sevilla (h),

Barcelona 2 - 1 Feyenoord (h),

Alaves 1 - 5 Barcelona (a),

Barcelona 3 - 0 Malaga (h),

This tactic is doing wonders for my team and i know sit top of the league, cheers for the tactic mrefc80 icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sandy112:

hi, im barcelona and so far ive played 6 games with this tactic and won all of them quite comfortably even away from home:

Barcelona 6 - 1 Valencia (h),

Osasuna 0 - 2 Barcelona (a),

Barcelona 4 - 1 Sevilla (h),

Barcelona 2 - 1 Feyenoord (h),

Alaves 1 - 5 Barcelona (a),

Barcelona 3 - 0 Malaga (h),

This tactic is doing wonders for my team and i know sit top of the league, cheers for the tactic mrefc80 icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no problem

Well after some so so results with my own set up I went with this after quarter of a season with my Darlington team. In the end I finished 2nd and got promotion from League two in my first season.

Normally when I get in the lead at home I knock down to normal mentality. If I’m away from home I knock down to normal and take off forward runs on the full backs. If I get even further in front I switch on counter attacking.

Archived