Unable to prevent Board selling my best DC..

Long story short; Everton came in with a £27m bid for Sahko, which despite healthy finances the Board accepted on my behalf. Unable to do anything, not even issue an ultimatum.

Then just to rub it in, my Board now believes MY decision to sell Sahko is considered an aberration by the fans.

Surely i should have had the option to threaten to resign? This seems a massive oversight and quite frankly, ****.

What was he worth? £27m might have been a lot more than he was worth so it makes sense to accept the bid. I agree though that you should be able to challenge the boards decisions sometimes especially when you really dont need the money.

Long story short; Everton came in with a £27m bid for Sahko, which despite healthy finances the Board accepted on my behalf. Unable to do anything, not even issue an ultimatum.

Then just to rub it in, my Board now believes MY decision to sell Sahko is considered an aberration by the fans.

Surely i should have had the option to threaten to resign? This seems a massive oversight and quite frankly, ****.

I had the exact same problem and yes this is pretty stupid.. and this player was on the favoured personnel list so the board AND the fans got mad ..

The word 'polish' they seemed to use so heavily over the months leading up to the release was quite clearly overused, i have noticed quite a few problems that should have been cleared by now if they really were polishing. Surprised the testers didn't pick up on half of the things. Let's be honest, it hasn't been polished to a high standard.

TBF - It definately should be in the game. It does happen in real life. However.

a) They need to stop having the board downrate you because they consider the decision to sell a bad one.

b) Managers should be given the ability to issue an ultimatum in such a situation.

c) And i might be nice touch if when you sign your contract, you can actually specify you want to be in sole control of transfers.

I'd actually like the board to stop interfering with transfers as it's quite annoying.

Instead, we could have things like:

"Manchester City have bid £100m plus addons for Titus Bramble.

They have set a deadline for 1st January 2010.

The board notes that selling Titus Bramble for £100m would do the club's long-term future a world of good. The board will be willing to let you use £75m of this and the remaining £25m will go towards building the new Titus Bramble Stadium. The board therefore recommends you sell this player.

[Reject] [Negotiate] [Transfer Centre]"

On the message.

TBF - It definately should be in the game. It does happen in real life. However.

a) They need to stop having the board downrate you because they consider the decision to sell a bad one.

b) Managers should be given the ability to issue an ultimatum in such a situation.

c) And i might be nice touch if when you sign your contract, you can actually specify you want to be in sole control of transfers.

Agree.

I would also say that it should be far more variable depending on things like interference attributes, bank balance, and your level of standing at the club. At the moment all boards behave too similarly.

Here is some insight on this kind of event IRL. I saw an interesting discussion about player transfers on a television program, and it focused on the huge impact that shirt sales have on the transfer market. Many clubs sell off players and bring in new stars in part because of the massive revenue created by shirt sales when a new player arrives. This was cited as one of the leading factors in player transfers and why the amount spent by clubs seems exaggerated compared to the actual competitive value of the players.

The real secret is that the player is not actually worth 20+ million in football terms. But the player's value on the pitch PLUS his shirt sales can equal an amount that is two, three or four times the value of the transfer. Hence, we see huge transfer fees and the occasional decisions by the board to sell players when there is no financial need and it doesn't seem to make much football sense. However, if they reinvest the money in a new signing or two, that can generate a massive increase in overall revenue by selling new shirts that bear the names of the new arrivals.

So, perhaps it might help to imagine that this is why your board has forced you to sell a player in the game. Maybe that would relieve the sting a bit, although we know that FM is not quite sophisticated enough to be truly simulating this aspect of real football.

Archived