Just to set this straight - shouts have no effect when using sliders?

Uorf

Sorry guys, but I can't find an official confirmation of this anywhere. Does anybody know for sure if by tweaking a tactic with the advanced option of the sliders prevent the shouts from working during the match? I have a sliders-based tactic and I've been using sliders, but if this is true then I should really stop using them :D

thanks

Yeah, reading on the forums this thing is constantly thrown around, but I never found official confirmation. Basically, from what I understand, the shouts work with a tactic built through the tactic creator, without touching the advanced options.

If, on the other hand, you build your tactic "the old way", through sliders, then the shouts supposedly have no effect during the match.

This doesn't sound right to me, because it doesn't really make sense. Surely the shouts affect the sliders, but why would they not have effect just because I manually moved the sliders beforehand?

Anyway, I'm just looking for a confirmation one way or the other, so that I can stop wasting time with shouts on my sliders-based tactic.

The shouts don't affect the sliders that you have changed manually but they still affect all the others. So if you manually told your team to focus play down the middle, then using the "Exploit The Flanks"-shout won't change that specific instruction (I don't if other instructions are affected by this shout). But if you're using a wizard tactic that focuses play through the middle the shout will still work.

The shouts don't affect the sliders that you have changed manually but they still affect all the others. So if you manually told your team to focus play down the middle, then using the "Exploit The Flanks"-shout won't change that specific instruction (I don't if other instructions are affected by this shout). But if you're using a wizard tactic that focuses play through the middle the shout will still work.

This is my understanding of it so far. Also, if you've manually adjusted players' behaviours via the sliders, then the shouts won't work either.

Are you sure about this?

It seems reasonable as far as the "forum chatter" is concerned; but it also doesn't seem to make sense overall, it would be a let down if it does indeed work this way. I am the one who set the sliders - surely if I want to change them through shouts I would have my reasons. And just because I used the sliders in setting up the tactic, why am I not allowed to use the quicker and convenient shouts during the match? :(

You can easy check this by shouting and then going to tactics to see what happened. This is a stupid thing I agree. Would be great to have 3 mode sliders. The 2 we have and the third one that you can manualy change and still be prone to shouts.

Archived