Regen biographies?

Hi guys!

Doing a long-term game with Ajax I've had quite a few gems come through the ranks.

Now I'm wondering if these amazing players will have a player biography not unlike the ones seen under the history section of the best players at the start of the game - does anyone know?

It'd be cool! :)

A 21yr old Right wingback regen from my game in Nov 2013:

"Wessel Kuipers is truly one of the world football's global superstars. Having scored on his Netherlands debut against Croatia in June 2012, Kuipers has gone on to make 15 appearances and score 4 goals for his country.

Wessel Kuipers began his career at PSV in 2011/12, making a total of 1 league appearances. Kuipers joined current club FC Barcelona for E14.5M in 2011/12 and has currently made 56 league appearance and scored 2 goals for the club.

The 3 winner's medals that Kuipers has collected during his career are: Supercopa de Espana (2013) and Liga BBVA (2012 and 2013).

Kuipers has also been named the Spanish Young Player of the Year runner-up on two occassions."

I think the regen biographies are a great touch. Subtle, but great. One of my favourite features on FM10.

A regen that came through my Bayern Munich youth team;

"Thomas Reichenberger is truly one of world football's global superstars. Having made his Germany debut against Moldova in October 2011, Reichenberger has gone on to make 24 appearances and score 7 goals for his country.

Thomas Reichenberger has spent his entire career at FC Bayern München, making a total of 94 league appearances and scoring 21 goals since joining in 2010/11.

Reichenberger has a great record of 13 competition wins to his name: Club World Championship (2013), UEFA Champions League (2013 and 2015), European U21 Championship (2011), German Cup (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015) and German First Division (2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015).

Reichenberger has also earned recognition from the footballing community for his achievements: Named German U17 Players of the Year, UEFA Champions League Best Player and named German First Division Player of the Week."

:thup:

"Thomas Reichenberger is truly one of world football's global superstars. Having made his Germany debut against Moldova in October 2011, Reichenberger has gone on to make 24 appearances and score 7 goals for his country.

Thomas Reichenberger has spent his entire career at FC Bayern München, making a total of 94 league appearances and scoring 21 goals since joining in 2010/11.

Reichenberger has a great record of 13 competition wins to his name: Club World Championship (2013), UEFA Champions League (2013 and 2015), European U21 Championship (2011), German Cup (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015) and German First Division (2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015).

Reichenberger has also earned recognition from the footballing community for his achievements: Named German U17 Players of the Year, UEFA Champions League Best Player and named German First Division Player of the Week."

:thup:

I wouldn't say 94 league appearances would make you one of the worlds greatest superstars

• SI Staff
I wouldn't say 94 league appearances would make you one of the worlds greatest superstars

Messi had only played just over 100 league games by the start of this season and people have been going on about him for ages ;)

Shouldn't "Kuipers has gone on to make 15 appearances and score 4 goals for his country" read "Kuipers has gone on to make 15 appearances for his country, scoring 4 goals"?

Not sure if that's just an error made by the poster or if it's actually in the game too.

Shouldn't "Kuipers has gone on to make 15 appearances and score 4 goals for his country" read "Kuipers has gone on to make 15 appearances for his country, scoring 4 goals"?

Not sure if that's just an error made by the poster or if it's actually in the game too.

Does it matter? Either make linguistic and contextual sense.

Messi had only played just over 100 league games by the start of this season and people have been going on about him for ages ;)

Correct, but it seems that when I click on a player they are usually said to be a fantastic player and renowed across europe or known world-wide and an global super star or whatever ( I obviously looked at good players) but it seems that every player is great and seems the player bio's (think they are a great addition) 'goes over the top just a little.' :)

Can German regens play for the national team?

Yes, I have a German Wonderkid GK who is the German main team keeper at only 18 years old. I bought him at 16 in my first season during the January transfer window for 900k and he was already the U21 keeper then

a question to the better minds of FM2010 discussion...

Can anyone help me with developing young players?

Others have noted that the youth players are really not developing very well and so there's an absolute lack of real talent available once you've played the game for 10-11 seasons.

I myself have also noticed my moderately talented (by the stats) youth players are just not developing.

Is this yet another bug? Is everyone else having the same problem?

Or am I doing something wrong with training?

I have the coaching set up to maximise the stars for the youth team, they're good wiith youngsters and i have a few high potential youngsters and am nurturing them with a standard youth training programme and sensible loan moves.

Why isn't it working as it should?

I love the biographies, it's a class little touch. I much prefer reading them (if available) than looking through someone's History - Achievements page to see what they've won, etc.

Would like to see manager biographies as well, that would be another really good addition. Then as you go through the game, when you have players who become managers/coaches/other staff, they could have their playing and managing achievements all on one nice, easy to read biography.

Not a big thing I know, but I think it would be pretty cool.

Archived