Suggestion: Split Patches?

It seems to me like it would be a good idea for SI to consider releasing patches in two parts;

1 part to deal with technical issues, database corrections, bug fixes and whatnot, and a seperate patch that contains only changes to the match engine.

This idea came to me because I, like many others who have tried playing FM10 without the patch, may have noticed that the match engine in 10.0 is much, much better than 10.1 when it comes to defending. It's not impossible to keep clean sheets with an average team, the number of silly/long range/own goal/penalties in the last minutes when winning by more than one goal is substantially reduced.

However obviously for some people due to stability issues it is not possible to play the game without the patch.

I remember 8.0.1 had the best match engine of 08, yet 8.2 was needed due to some league bugs.

It was a similar story with 09 too.

Good idea?

Is it even possible to do this?

I'd prefer a different split. Separate the database and program updates.

Regarding 10.0 vs 10.1. I remember many people saying that there wasn't any changes to the ME in 10.1, but I don't recall if any of them spoke with any authority. From what I remember, there were very few complaints about the demo (if any), but there's been many about 10.1.

For the record, I'm happy with 10.1. Not ecstatic, but happy.

Archived