Can we tone down the own goals in patch 10.2 please

I have worked out a 4-3-2(wide)-1 formation which mainly prevents me from being cut apart and I don't concede that many from open play but from set pieces especially my defenders seem to score at least one own goal a game.

Is there something I am doing wrong because I am at a loss to understand why that would happen.

I have noticed a lot of own goals in the current patch. It's weird, every season it seems to be a different player scoring a ton of own goals. The first save a played my best centerback had scored 5 own goals by the start of January. This time around it's my keeper who keeps putting them in his own net.

• 3 weeks later...

Five seasons played, I can't complain about the goals. I score an own goal here and there, but then again I am usually playing as a non-league side and that's expected.

I hit the woodwork from time to time (once, three times in the same play before the keeper cleared it) but it seems normal.

• Administrators

This is something we're looking at within the match engine, thanks for bringing it up. As always if you have any examples of excessive or ridiculous own goals please upload the pkms to our FTP and we'll take a look. Thanks.

please SI if you say the patch is going to be out before xmas, please please release it on the 24th. Work on it as long as you can and correct as many bugs as possible. we have all been playing this game since oct/nov, im sure we can wait right until the deadline for the patch

Must be in some way tactics related. I don't mean in that it is 'your' fault but something about certain tactics must trigger the likelihood to be higher as I can honestly say I don't think I have had 1 own goal put into my net and I have put a lot of game days in. I have had quite a few scored by the opposition but I wouldn't say excessively.

wouldnt advise what. Im only saying what everyone else is thinking. Theres no need to say its your tactics when quite clearly it isnt

I wouldnt advise you telling your defenders to score own goals. It was sarcasm.

How do you know it isn't his tactics anyway? Could have something to do with his GK or Defender settings, or corner kick and set piece settings ffs

Ok my defenders dont score own goals

His team does

Its his tactics

:thup:

just as i thought. another 1 that says this is your tactics and doesn't know why or offer any advice 2 change it. if your defenders don't score own goals then your lucky, good for you. But dont come on here and say its your tactics when you have no advice to offer or you just end up sounding like all the other wind up merchants that come on here

just as i thought. another 1 that says this is your tactics and doesn't know why or offer any advice 2 change it. if your defenders don't score own goals then your lucky, good for you. But dont come on here and say its your tactics when you have no advice to offer or you just end up sounding like all the other wind up merchants that come on here

Ya because you know everything

'It's your tactics' is a common phrase used in GD. Something could be completely unrelated to tactics and people will still say it. Sarcasm, poor sarcasm.

i know. theres no need for it. have they nothing better to do than try and wind people up. mods should give out infractions to these people. that would stop it. but then again that would be too easy for them to do i suppose ;)

Ya because you know everything

no far from it actually. i just dont resort to infantile (childish ;) ) comments and offer no advice. if you have nothing constructive to say then don't post. if you had said its your tactics then offered suggestions why or how to fix it then its all good.

like it has been said, "its your tactics" is a generic response from wind up merchants on this site. If winding up wasnt your intention id suggest thinking of something constructive to say. If you can't dont say anything. It would be best not to be tarred with the same brush as the losers :thup:

i know. theres no need for it. have they nothing better to do than try and wind people up. mods should give out infractions to these people. that would stop it. but then again that would be too easy for them to do i suppose ;)

If you look at my eight hundred and something posts almost all of them have been posts helping people solve problems. I wouldnt judge too quickly and ftw I said that i dont experience too many own goals and I said it might be his tactics.

Archived