Steam issues once more

Since FM has used Steam there appears one problem after another. The latest is this -

steam.exe (main exception): CMultifieldblob(pSerialized):Partial field header at end of record

Now there is a solution but why should I have to go through the hassle of rebooting my pc, clearing this and that when on previous FM versions this NEVER happened. I am not a fan of Steam, not because its annoying (which it is) but because I don't like having my game tied to a particular company or server. Its my game, not Steams and the moment it was purchased it stopped being Si's and the store that sold it to me game. So although Steam may help a lot of people and be easier for many users, I feel the forceful nature of its use is detrimental to any PC user. And lets remember that a PC should not have to be tied to a particular server system, for that you have consoles. A PC is not and never will be a console, no matter what changes are made in that direction. And yes I know that you can have FM with the disc inserted but this wasnt the case in previous FM's and in FM09 you had unilock, which although annoying to access, once achieved was a lot easier than Steam. The option should still be available. As for going forward, can SI please try to correct the ME slowdown in the game when on steam and using certain online television networks (Iplayer). It seems to hate one being used at the same time as the other.

wth you moan cuz iplayer does not work well when using FM what do you expect FM is a CPU and Ram hungry applaction watching iplayer and playing a game at the same time is never going to be flawless

As for you moaning about Steam you had the option to use a cd for what ever reason you picked steam. Steam is not tied down to a server if you set it to offline mode you can quite happy come away from the internet and play without problems. The reason unilock wasnt used this year was due to all the problems with it last year at least with Steam once its downloaded it doesnt have to go threw an activation process

As for you moaning about Steam you had the option to use a cd for what ever reason you picked steam. Steam is not tied down to a server if you set it to offline mode you can quite happy come away from the internet and play without problems. The reason unilock wasnt used this year was due to all the problems with it last year at least with Steam once its downloaded it doesnt have to go threw an activation process

Steam still has to be active even if its offline. You still have to have it working, you cant just exit the application therefore it IS tied to a server. I did mention the CD option but as I said its not an option because its actually going backwards. Steam is not the only way to advance technologically with gaming security, as has been proven with certain console companies. Nothing wrong with an activation process as a one off. As for RAM, 4GB I feel should be enough, I dont see why FM needs more than that and a Quad 4 processor to run alongside iplayer.

Archived