Managing in foreign countries

:DI just can't manage in foreign countries. I'm not xenophobic or anything, it just doesn't feel right. I took Argyle to the Prem, then the Champions League before taking them as far as I could. I then took the Cologne job, resigned after 4 weeks - took the Fiorentina job, resigned after a week. Managing in a foreign country is just not for me!

In light of the above, I remember someone saying that its important to have other countries playable, or it becomes too easy to dominate? Is this the case?

I'm going to start another game, and I'm still going to have the best leagues loaded, but I'll only join AC Milan, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc! That's if they can prize me away from teams in England :D

:DI just can't manage in foreign countries. I'm not xenophobic or anything, it just doesn't feel right. I took Argyle to the Prem, then the Champions League before taking them as far as I could. I then took the Cologne job, resigned after 4 weeks - took the Fiorentina job, resigned after a week. Managing in a foreign country is just not for me!

In light of the above, I remember someone saying that its important to have other countries playable, or it becomes too easy to dominate? Is this the case?

I'm going to start another game, and I'm still going to have the best leagues loaded, but I'll only join AC Milan, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc! That's if they can prize me away from teams in England :D

I feel the same way. It just doesn't seem right. :rolleyes:

I'm the opposite. I spend most of my time in the Italian lower leagues as I find it difficult to justify wasting hours managing a top flight club in a decent league. There just isn't the sense of achievement. Even worse is when I manage my club West Ham. I can't bring myself to move on the current squad or alter the real life tactics much so I might as well be playing PES. I like to create a bit of a narrative in my games so the more obscure the league I manage in the more authentic my manager seems and, key to my enjoymenty, the less real life ties I have to the club.

I'm the opposite. I spend most of my time in the Italian lower leagues as I find it difficult to justify wasting hours managing a top flight club in a decent league. There just isn't the sense of achievement. Even worse is when I manage my club West Ham. I can't bring myself to move on the current squad or alter the real life tactics much so I might as well be playing PES. I like to create a bit of a narrative in my games so the more obscure the league I manage in the more authentic my manager seems and, key to my enjoymenty, the less real life ties I have to the club.

I have the same problem mate, I even enjoy bringing the old players back. I bought Rio from Man Utd cos he was a backup to the first team, amazing, just two seasons in.

What team would you suggest to play with in a foreign league?

Archived