Players wont learn English??? - Suggestion for future

I signed Mamadou Sakho 2 seasons ago for liverpool and he still cant even speak basic english. Gourcuff was signed one season ago and he cant speak basic english....

I know footballers are hardly known for the high intellect but this is crazy.

Also if you agreed in january to sign a pre contract agreement with a player to sign him at the end of the season when his current contract runs out, should the player not make some kind of an effort to start learning the language before he arrives??

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any thoughts on my suggestion?

Cheers

I signed Mamadou Sakho 2 seasons ago for liverpool and he still cant even speak basic english. Gourcuff was signed one season ago and he cant speak basic english....

I know footballers are hardly known for the high intellect but this is crazy.

Also if you agreed in january to sign a pre contract agreement with a player to sign him at the end of the season when his current contract runs out, should the player not make some kind of an effort to start learning the language before he arrives??

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any thoughts on my suggestion?

Cheers

Most top teams provide their players with language coaches and, if necessary, dedicated translators too.

What baffles me is that when you sign these players, at the unveiling press conference, a question comes up saying "Do you want XYZ to help them out with the language", but it's not actionable. You can't link the players.

I think that's one of those features that they started working on but didn't have the time to implement properly.

The man management aspect of FM is in need of an update as a whole. I can tell my players I'm going to rest them (surely the least used feature in FM!), ask them to recommend a player or praise them/criticise them. That's IT?

Most top teams provide their players with language coaches and, if necessary, dedicated translators too.

What baffles me is that when you sign these players, at the unveiling press conference, a question comes up saying "Do you want XYZ to help them out with the language", but it's not actionable. You can't link the players.

I think that's one of those features that they started working on but didn't have the time to implement properly.

The man management aspect of FM is in need of an update as a whole. I can tell my players I'm going to rest them (surely the least used feature in FM!), ask them to recommend a player or praise them/criticise them. That's IT?

Have to agree.

I also keep getting asked in press conferences whether I will be allowing Player X or Y some leave as he's struggling to settle, but can not find the option to allow the mummy's boy to get his arse home for a few weeks to sort his head out. I want to be Mr Nice sometimes, but....no can do!! :D

And have also noticed that it does seem to take some players far longer to learn even basic language than it ever did, like 2-3 years and still no sign of even a basic grasp. I don't use 'real players' so I arrive in say Germany, and the players will have only a season long history but some have played x100 games and have spent 1000+ days in Germany (fair enough, can't expect a history with non-real players) but no German speaking. Thought it was just that, but now 4-5 seasons in some players I bought in from outside Germany in my first season....Years later....still no German. :)

The individual man-management side is definitely an untapped gold mine of playability of FM.

• 1 month later...
I also keep getting asked in press conferences whether I will be allowing Player X or Y some leave as he's struggling to settle, but can not find the option to allow the mummy's boy to get his arse home for a few weeks to sort his head out. I want to be Mr Nice sometimes, but....no can do!! :D

This option is under the "Interaction" menu in the player's profile I believe... I had to let the fat-arse Adriano have a month of leave because he was having trouble settling in London :( Came back and he is still having his agent look for new clubs but at least he is scoring goals in the meantime!

Archived