Unpredictable Mediocre Teams

Ty

West Brom seem to be amazing on my Man City save, with 2 games to go in the league (one of them is against me), they are sitting in 2nd place, above Liverpool and Chelsea!

I have seen Wolves in the second season finish 5th, but I have never seen such a mediocre team finish (well, nearly finish) so high! I looked over West Broms landmarks and see that they haven't been taken over and I checked the transfers and they haven't splashed the cash, Yet they are up there with the big boys. Here is the table with 2 games to go..

baggies.png

So has anyone had a team really go for it, when really they should be avoiding relegation?

And the shock there is.. West Ham have actually been taken over, and putting in bids for players all over the place!

Where as West Brom are just using their basic squad really, couple extra additions, no World-Beaters though, but I did sell 'em Bridge. :D

Wayne Bridge, that's a real addition. I will never forgive him, failed miserably on one of my FM09 saves. :)

Perhaps West Brom's team being the same over a few years helps them gel, or we could always blame it on a bug.

*safety wink*

I guess the smaller teams would be motivated to play well against the bigger teams, but I can't see how it would be consistent enough for them to finish second. You could put it down to somewhat of a lack of realism, or the tactics. :rolleyes:

I couldn't see this happening IRL though, Wolverhampton going a season undefeated. :p

Archived