Squad Harmony....

How can you make it bettter? Mine seems to go down for nor reason

You need to be more specific about it. There is several reasons that could cause that. Number 1 reason is that someone is causing unrest, even though you won't see him being openly "unhappy".

Check mentalities of your players in comparison to team overall mentality for that.My friend once replaced his captain and even though he was not unhappy his team harmony was keep going down, until he didn't sold him.

Second possible reason could be related to your possible actions. Fines, frequent changes to starting XI, press statemnets can cause that.

Still more info could be very helpful.

There are a few things to keep in mind in FM.

- Player unhappy or unsettled= offer a new contract, calms anything

- During team talks use team not individual speech when praising or criticizing the performance of your team

- During interviews, make sure you remain coherent when praising or criticizing a player. If the player did well for the last 5 matches and you praise him, his team mates should react positively, but if the player had a good game in 5, don’t say during the interview that he’s at his peak because others that performed better may find this unfair.

- Ask an unhappy player to tutor a youngster, save and reload until you get a message telling you that both players are delighted about your decision, this should boost the morale of the players right away. Create tight bonds between players to ensure a good overall moral of the team on the long run. BUT, be aware that this will also trigger unhappiness if you let one of your best players go.

If you have the moral of your team going down slightly, it’s mostly because of bad team-talks after a game. 2 matches in a row of “All been useless around the pitch”, especially away games and you’ll find yourself with players moaning about “Finds you’re too harsh with the players”, “Dislikes the way you talk to them” and other stuff of this kind. Of course, this means that you have to actually pay attention to what you say before or after a game depending on the opposition. If you lost against a club 5 leagues bellow yours, even in an away match, be harsh and let them know how disgusted you feel about their performance. If you lost against an obviously better team than yours, try to be tolerant even if you’d like to click the not yet existing button “You sons of….., motherf…, I’gonna kill your family”, because, FM is just a computer program not RL, and the players in FM don’t understand frustrated reactions, even if IRL anybody would understand your reaction.

I forgot some advices:

- Don’t transfer list 10 players at the same time, something I ignored when I started my FM2010 game, and it did cost me 6 months of pain and riot. Almost lost my job because great players were under under under achieving because of low morale.

- Don’t let players loved by the fans leave the club, even if they’re rotting in your reserve team, it’s much better to keep home grown/born in the city players at your club even if they’re not of any use, at least until your new players made it enough in the heart of your fans to replace those you want to get rid of.

Another trick to discover the relationship between your players and therefore indentify who you should praise first to build bonds between your players;

Know that this will require you create a different set of saved games, don’t do it with your main save.

1. Preferably during the preseason; organize a friendly, against a side of same reputation

2. Create a tactic where all your players are positioned on the sideline, leaving all the middle of the pitch empty.

3. Choose the players you want to test the bonds, they don’t have to be “Natural” players at this position but don’t set a FC as GK.

4. Play the match, you should lose 5-6 against a team of same reputation as yours

5. Save the game

6. The rating of your players with such tactic should be around 4.5 - 5.0, enough for you to have the “Fine player for poor performance” option available, fine one of the players that played the game “2 weeks wage”.

7. Press continue, after a couple of days maximum, you should receive messages about what people think of the fine. If your player has bonds with others, they will strongly react, so will the fans, if the player is disliked by the others, you will have way less negative reactions.

8. Create a relationship tree on a paper for each of your players, write down the results, who reacted, what was the reaction and so on

9. Reload the game you saved after being crushed, and criticize another player and see what the reactions are. Do the same for all of your players and you’ll know exactly who’s loved by your players and who you should praise first after a good result. That’s the best way to start building long term harmony among your players. Identify who’s most appreciated using the above trick, and praise him when if he performed well for the last 5 matches.

Actually, the best way to cool down little riot rousers I found is to warn the player after a poor performance, no wage fine. Then “Tell the player that you consider not playing him for a long time”, and put him into the reserve team. I managed to stop riots within days using that method. As a manager, the best way to solve discipline problems is to not give any credit to a rioter, isolate him in the reserve team, but don’t transfer list him, nor change his status at the club. Don’t give him a chance to play a game, and you’ll see that 3-4 days later, the player will officially recognize that his reaction was disproportioned. Case closed.

Archived